It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hooyaah: What do you envision in this new year? This is intentionally an open-ended question, so please feel to elaborate and articulate your answer in your own individual manner.
I thought you had actually received a vision for the year 2020, and I was curious to know what that is.
In 2020 I need new glasses. I can't see s@#$!
Cavalary: Personally and immediately, expect to lose my net access at the end of the week and not find any suitable replacement. Which has more implications than others would think... So, complete mess.
Sorry to hear that (and about your life situation in general), I hope you'll at least manage to get net access again, Gog forum needs you!
kai2: In 2020 I need new glasses. I can't see s@#$!
So your 2020 vision is that you don't have a 20/20 vision anymore?
Strictly about GOG, I strongly wanna see implemented a sort of "GOG Prepaid Codes". In EU, online payments have been become a thorn in the ***!!!
Even with prepaid cards like Paypal or Paysafe Card.

Mobile Apps are NOT a guarantee for consumers and, as a plus, risks to be hacked have been improved because theese devices are less secure then PCs which, anyway, aren't immune.

Think about it.

And I don't hoping for a card (would be too much expensive) but for a code. Purchasable in a store which offers payment's services.
Post edited January 01, 2020 by visconteprimus
My 20/20 vision sees lower then expected CP 2077 sales.
Reason: Windows 7 and Linux not supported.
If we limit ourselves to GOG in 2020, I would hope to see a major revamp of the GOG website code in order to allow for better filtering, tagging, listing, etc, capabilities. As things are, GOG.Com reminds me of bulletin boards from the early 2000:s which only barely worked and which constantly had issues or displayed errors no one knew the origin of or solution to but that people had to learn to live with because there was nothing better around. Well, today there is so there's really no excuse for sloppy website coding (in the case of GOG.Com, not necessarily so much about errors as simply lacking or badly conceived features)...

The lackluster features of the Community section of the GOG.Com website are evident given that the forum doesn't even have integrated support for pictures and smilies in comments - not to mention not being able to track the status/progress of your wishes - but my most pressing issue is with the way games/movies are handled. My most recent example of a GOG.Com website deficiency was a documentary I just bought (Double Fine Adventure) that's placed in my game library - yes, intentionally classified as a game - because it has some extras and the GOG code only allows games to have DLC:s. Among other examples are duplicates of already bought games that keep reappearing in my sales list and in my personalized email offers, an inconsistency between the GOG.Com and Galaxy 2.0 game library listings (different sum total of games and different names for certain games), etc... As soon as their Galaxy 2.0 client goes from beta to stable, which should occur sometimes this year, I would hope that they would put all their effort into working on updating their website before this mess becomes unmanageable even to them.

novumZ: My 20/20 vision sees lower then expected CP 2077 sales.
I agree about likely lower than expected CP 2077 sales but it's more likely to be due to hype fatigue...
Post edited February 01, 2020 by retrorealms
novumZ: My 20/20 vision sees lower then expected CP 2077 sales.
This is very silly.
toxicTom: - Cyberpunk is coming.
Cyberpunk is already here
amok: for it to last 365 days
eric5h5: You will be deeply disappointed then. Not gonna happen.

Edit: freakin' ninjas. ;)
technically one year out of four doesn't suddenly get it's own extra day. Each year gets an extra quarter rotation and it's a simplification of utility that we adjust the fourth year as having an extra day.
Post edited February 02, 2020 by MaceyNeil
MaceyNeil: technically one year out of four doesn't suddenly get it's own extra day. Each year gets an extra quarter rotation and it's a simplification of utility that we adjust the fourth year as having an extra day.
If you want to get technical, then technically it's a little less than a quarter, hence leap years are not actually every four year interval, just most of them. (And technically you should write "its" in that context, since "it's" is always a contraction of "it is" or "it has".)
DirectX 12 for Windows 7 is to be made by PC enthusiasts, Microsoft will sue them in court to death for that sacrilege. A new "Games for everyone, games on every platform" movement will be established, probably with support from unusual social groups.

Half-Life: Alyx is to be "adapted" for keyboard + mouse control scheme by PC enthusiasts, Valve will sue them to death... It might even lower their reputation a bit, but not for long as they'll quickly announce Left 4 Dead 3 and Half-Life 2 Episode 3 to mitigate the public outburst.

CD Project will release Cyperpunk 2077 Online and become a new Take Two company, loyal fans will rejoice but not for long...

We'll see another voxel FPS game with true physics (breakable structures, realistic fog and liquids) and decent AI-bot as companion/enemy.

Nintendo will announce new highly technological bio toilet cabin, no relation to gaming, to much of a surprise of all.

Stores and publishers will change their user agreements so they can ban or even silence any client for unspecified reason without consequences.

John Carmack will show us his first "true AI" prototype, it will be the beginning of the end of humanity.
low rated
Cadaver747: Half-Life: Alyx is to be "adapted" for keyboard + mouse control scheme by PC enthusiasts, Valve will sue them to death... It might even lower their reputation a bit, but not for long as they'll quickly announce Left 4 Dead 3 and Half-Life 2 Episode 3 to mitigate the public outburst.
Tbh I wouldn't likely be able to blame people not minding if valve did that and gave us that or HL3. ;)

Cadaver747: Nintendo will announce new highly technological bio toilet cabin, no relation to gaming, to much of a surprise of all.
Reminds me of the cat toilet "ad" from the first dot hack ps2 game.

Cadaver747: Stores and publishers will change their user agreements so they can ban or even silence any client for unspecified reason without consequences.
They already do that to some extent(those sites/stores and others), sadly.

Cadaver747: John Carmack will show us his first "true AI" prototype, it will be the beginning of the end of humanity.
So not John Romero, then? That's a bit odd, it is....I thought he'd make us all his bitch eventually as promised. o.0 ;)
A game based around this is fine with maybe some Simon and Garfunkle as it's official sound track.

You can't say that wouldn't be the equal of goat simulator or better.
Besides my catdog suggestion has already come to fruition :(
Attachments:
Post edited February 04, 2020 by MaceyNeil
Welp this year I'm getting my garbage dump of an NBN took too damn long 13 years was used as a political football too much and now I get FTTN

FTTN stands for Fibre to the node

What that means is we get a cabinet like this: https://simonyeo.id.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/NBN-node-Pakenham-20160522.jpg

and then we have to rely on COPPER for the rest of the way like this: https://www.abc.net.au/reslib/201309/r1176265_14994932.jpg

and this which makes me:
SADFACE

Yet I walk down the road and a new unit block is getting FTTP

Fibre right to their phonelines

It not fair they get 1GBPS fibre and I get a measly 25/5 or even less! I'm the one that have been waiting 13 years since I was 24 14 more years and I'll be ready for a geriatric home! FFS.
Post edited February 04, 2020 by fr33kSh0w2012