It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

OldFatGuy: The gogtrial34987 Indians vs drmike Yankees (7:30 PM game 1)
gogtrial34987: Go Indians! We can totally strike out that drmike guy! Woohoo!
(How am I doing?) ;)
The problem with Cleveland is they aren't very consistent.

Throughout the season they never showed they were capable of putting together a winning streak.

:D

And it just dawned on me you may not get that. :P Sorry.
Post edited October 05, 2017 by tinyE
Nunez carried off the field, in the first. Bad sign for the Sox.
m0ved
Post edited October 07, 2017 by OldFatGuy
Aaron Judge... ugh.... 0 for 4... 4 strikeouts.... ugh... ugly night after a great rookie campaign and a home run in the wild card game to help the Yanks get here. But tonight... ugh...

AND THE NATIONALS PLAY TODAY !!!! (I'm already nervous LOL)

And no Scherzer. Yesterday he was supposed to pitch off a mound so see how he was. Threw off flat ground and never made ti to the mound session. Looking more and more like he's not only not going in Game 2, he may not go in Game 3.

Of course. This is the only team in Major League Baseball that has never, ever, won a single post season series.
Post edited October 06, 2017 by OldFatGuy
Sox/Stros game #2 starting.

Houston is wearing their orange jerseys. They mean business! :P
And the Nationals lost game 1..... big shocker....

No, I don't think I'll ever see them win a post season series....
Post edited October 08, 2017 by OldFatGuy
OldFatGuy: That was a brutal loss. Giving up the first run in the sixth being an error, Stras tossing five-plus no-hit innings. I still think the Nats are going to win the this series. No way can the Cubs get that lucky for the series. Hendricks was great, too and we finally had a great pitchers duel, but yeah, getting error lucky and a 2-out, 2 strike hit by Bryant was a tough pill to swallow. No way do the Cubs beat Gio with no earned runs. And no way the Nats bats stay that quiet for the series.

Still, Bryant and Rizzo really seem to be the Cubs only threats. Gio then Scherzer for Game 3 and back to Stras for Game 4. I like the Nats, still.
I haven't yet gotten so far as to check out sports news directly; but I do find myself stopping in here daily now to see how the Indians are doing. Go them! :D
MajicMan: OldFatGuy: That was a brutal loss. Giving up the first run in the sixth being an error, Stras tossing five-plus no-hit innings. I still think the Nats are going to win the this series. No way can the Cubs get that lucky for the series. Hendricks was great, too and we finally had a great pitchers duel, but yeah, getting error lucky and a 2-out, 2 strike hit by Bryant was a tough pill to swallow. No way do the Cubs beat Gio with no earned runs. And no way the Nats bats stay that quiet for the series.

Still, Bryant and Rizzo really seem to be the Cubs only threats. Gio then Scherzer for Game 3 and back to Stras for Game 4. I like the Nats, still.
Gio has reverted to his old self, not the pitcher he was earlier in the year. Since Aug 31, he is 2-4 with 5.85 ERA. Game log linked below. It's all over but the crying.

http://m.mlb.com/player/461829/gio-gonzalez?year=2017&stats=gamelogs-r-pitching-mlb
gogtrial34987: I haven't yet gotten so far as to check out sports news directly; but I do find myself stopping in here daily now to see how the Indians are doing. Go them! :D
Well, yesterday's game was one for the ages. Down 8 to 3 in the 8th, this is almost ALWAYS a done deal, they rallied when their star player hit a GRAND SLAM (a grand slam is a Home Run with runners on every base... it scores 4 runs) as part of a five run rally in the bottom of the 8th inning to tie the game and then it went into extra innings tied 8 to 8 when they won it in the bottom of the 13th. An instant classic playoff game. One the Red Sox EDIT: YANKEES desperately wish they had back.

EDIT: Boy my mind was jumbling all these games and innings together. The Indians scored 4 in the 6th to make it 8 to 7 and then got the 1 in the 8th to tie. I remember now... but when I posted this earlier it's like all of those innings blended into one.. lol. Still, it was an epic comeback.
OldFatGuy: Well, yesterday's game was one for the ages. Down 8 to 3 in the 8th, this is almost ALWAYS a done deal, they rallied when their star player hit a GRAND SLAM (a grand slam is a Home Run with runners on every base... it scores 4 runs) as part of a five run rally in the bottom of the 8th inning to tie the game and then it went into extra innings tied 8 to 8 when they won it in the bottom of the 13th. An instant classic playoff game. One the Red Sox desperately wish they had back.
The Yankees, rather than the Red Sox, right? And niiiice! I imagine that must've been very exciting for everyone watching. :)
OldFatGuy: Well, yesterday's game was one for the ages. Down 8 to 3 in the 8th, this is almost ALWAYS a done deal, they rallied when their star player hit a GRAND SLAM (a grand slam is a Home Run with runners on every base... it scores 4 runs) as part of a five run rally in the bottom of the 8th inning to tie the game and then it went into extra innings tied 8 to 8 when they won it in the bottom of the 13th. An instant classic playoff game. One the Red Sox desperately wish they had back.
gogtrial34987: The Yankees, rather than the Red Sox, right? And niiiice! I imagine that must've been very exciting for everyone watching. :)
Yeah, the Yankees. Brain fart. Watched too many games and too many teams yesterday... and when my team lost my mind just jumbled... lol

Yeah, the Yankees blew the big lead late. My bad.

There are two games on tap today, game 2 of both of the National League Divisional series. The zeogold Dodgers have a 1 game to none lead and look to make it 2-0 vs the adaliabooks Diamondbacks and the scryba Cubs try to do the same vs the ariaspi Nationals.

Both American League Divisional series are off today to travel and switch home field and find two teams on the verge of sweeping the best 3 out of 5 as the gogtrial34987 Indians lead the drmike Yankees 2 games to none and the BenKii Astros lead the VampiroAlhazred Red Sox two games to none. Be interesting to see if either the Yankees or Red Sox can muster at least one win and force a game four.
So the Nationals got a Home Run in the bottom of the first to take the lead in game two 1-0.... and then promptly gave it up again with the very first batter in the top of the second.... this team's gonna drive me to drinking...
OldFatGuy: this team's gonna drive me to drinking...
Y'know, if they were gonna win the world series by just winning every single game they played, that'd be boring. Much more exciting to create a bit of drama and then finish it off with unlikely comebacks and narrow escapes, for a truly historic win!

At least, I can only assume that that's their plan... *g*
Through three innings, they get good pitching again but... can't get a hit to save themselves.... I think I'll just have one little drink now...

And the Cubs take a 3 to 1 lead. Time for a much bigger drink.
Post edited October 08, 2017 by OldFatGuy