It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

How fucked up is it going to be if Cleveland can't come back? :P

2nd longest winning streak in history, can't even get past the 1st round.
tinyE: How fucked up is it going to be if Cleveland can't come back? :P

2nd longest winning streak in history, can't even get past the 1st round.
Welp, I knew sports were a waste of time all along! ;) But the Nationals had better go on to win the entire world series now.

G'luck to everyone left!
Just noticed that the American League series is being "presented" by DOOSAN, a South Korean company:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doosan_Group

Did I miss the outrage?

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/doosan-announces-multi-year-mlb-partnership-presenting-sponsorship-of-american-league-division-series-300527803.html
Post edited October 12, 2017 by drmike
drmike: Just noticed that the American League series is being "presented" by DOOSAN, a South Korean company:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doosan_Group

Did I miss the outrage?

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/doosan-announces-multi-year-mlb-partnership-presenting-sponsorship-of-american-league-division-series-300527803.html
I'm sure some dipshit will freak, totally ignoring the fact that the the championship series is called The World Series, that there are MLB teams in other countries, and that the player makeup of the league is super international, with more brilliant players joining from all corners of the globe every season. South Korea for one has evidently come up with some super formula for pitchers. Every year, amazing pitchers coming out of there; guys that could throw a lamb chop past a wolf, making great batters look foolish. I LOVE IT!
Post edited October 12, 2017 by tinyE
tinyE: *snip*
Sorry, should have clarified a bit more. A few years ago we had a foreign sponsor of one of the (US) national profession leagues and there was a fair amount of outrage. Ten minutes of google'ing and I cant find it. Been trying to remember what it was.
So the Yankees defeated the Indians last night 5-2 to win their series 3 games to 2. The Indians took the first two games but the Yankees stormed back with 3 in a row and will now move on the American League Championship series to face the Houston Astros who beat the Boston Red Sox 3 games to 1. This is a best 4 out of 7 series and begins tomorrow, Fri, Oct 13 2017.

The Dodgers swept the Diamondbacks 3 games to 0 and are therefore in the National League Championship Series. They don't yet know who they will play (the Cubs I'm sure) because the Nationals beat the Cubs yesterday 5-0 to tie that series at 2 games apiece. The deciding Game 5 is tonight at 8:00 PM EDT and the winner will face the Dodgers in the NLCS.

And sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days. I think you'll get a laugh when you hear why though, so I'm going to break my vow to myself not to tell anyone here what happened to me. I didn't want to tell anyone because I frankly just didn't want a bunch of "sympathy" posts saying "sorry to hear that OFG" or whatever. I know folks here mean well, and they do genuinely care, because there are a lot of good folks here. But whatever problems I'm having, they are most definitely FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS. There are literally billions, yes with a B, of people that are far worse off than I. So please just keep some perspective ok?

On July 30 we had a flood. And I lost almost everything I own (not my car though thank goodness). Now the bad news is since no flood insurance, it ain't getting replaced. The good news is since I've been disabled since 1999 and the disability check is nothing but a pittance, I didn't own much. But I guess any human being on the planet as long as I have been accumulates a lot of stuff over that time and I was no different. I had four rooms, and all four were full of stuff (furniture included) and now it's all gone. Evey piece of furniture I ever owned is gone. My two self built computers are gone. Pretty much everything I owned. Even the carpet is gone. It's now four mostly bare rooms that smell like chlorine and have fans and lights going 24/7 to ward off any chance of mold developing. One laptop (this one) survived, mainly because I had it on my person at the time. And there are a couple of monitors and 1 of my TV's standing on the bare floor that survived because they were high enough.

And since then I've been staying in this room, this tiny tiny room. I swear you could stand in one corner and piss on all four walls it's that small. And no air conditioning. Brutally hot. My days have been spent mostly sweating and cursing. LOL.

Well, one of the things that makes it feel so hot is that this laptop literally sits inches away from me. I can feel the heat off it. So finally a couple of days ago, I got this bright idea (LOL) to make things cooler. I went back to my old place, grabbed one of the monitors, and luckily enough it still had the HDMI cable attached, and brought it here. I moved the laptop to the other side of the room and put the monitor where the laptop used to sit.

And it worked!!!! I could definitly tell a difference in how hot I was. And, to top things off, my old eyes were always squinting and guessing at what I was seeing on the laptop screen whereas now I CAN SEE. Wow. I'm a genius! I thought about patting myself on the back, but the thought of reaching that far around gave me visions of shoulder separations and broken elbows so I just told myself "attaboy".

So I played a couple of games and was in heaven. So much better. Then the basball games finished up and I came here to update my tournament post and clicked on "Edit post" and got my hands in the typing position and moved them over next to the monitor............ uh oh. THe laptop (and therefore the keyboard) is no longer here!!! I can't type here anymore. LOL. Did I ever mention what a moron I can be?? LOL.

Oh well, so today I'm in the process of moving it back the way it was so I can have access to my keyboard. Hope I don't get anymore bright ideas. They're wearing me out. lol
moved
Post edited October 14, 2017 by OldFatGuy
*sigh*

And the Nationals REMAIN the only one of the 30 Major League Teams to have never won a single post season playoff series.
Just to verify...

AMERICAN LEAGUE

East Division

1) Boston Red Sox - Won several World Series
2) New York Yankees - Won lots of World Series
3) Baltimore Orioles - Won a few World Series
4) Toronto Blue Jays - Won a couple World Series

5) Tampa Bay Rays - Never won a World Series... but... won 2 series in 2008 and made it to the World Series

Central Division

1) Kansas City Royals - Won a couple World Series
2) Minnesota Twins - Won a couple World Series
3) Chicago White Sox - Won World Series
4) Cleveland Indians - Won World Series
5) Detroit Tigers - Won World Series

Western Division

1) Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim - Won World Series
2) Oakland Athletics (A's) - Won World Series

3) Texas Rangers - Never won a World Series but won several playoff series - last time in 2011
4) Seattle Mariners - Never won A World Series but won several playoff series - last time in 2001
5) Houston Astros - Never won a World Series but won several playoff series - this year's ALDS last one

NATIONAL LEAGUE

East Division

1)New York Mets - Won World Series
2) Atlanta Braves - Won World Series
3) Philadelphia Phillies - Won World Series
4) Miami Marlins - Won World Series

5) Washington National - Never won a World Series and never won a playoff series

Central Division

1) Chicago Cubs - Are the Defending World Series Champs
2) St. Louis Cardinals - Won World Series
3) Pittsburgh Pirates - Won World Series
4) Cincinnati Reds - Won World Series

5) Milwaukee Brewers - Never won a world series but won several playoff series-last time 2011

West Division

1) San Francisco Giants - Won World Series
2) Los Angeles Dodgers - Won World Series
3) Arizona Diamondbacks - Won World Series

4) San Diego Padres - never won a World series but won playoff series - last time 1998
5) Colorado Rockies - never won a World Series but won playoff series - last time 2007

yep, Washington Nationals only team in Major League Baseball that has never won a single playoff series.
In game 1 of the American League Championship Series, Astros pitching outdueled Yankees pitching as the 'Stros beat the Yanks 2-1.

Tomorrow has on tap Game 2 of the ALCS and game 1 of the NLCS between the scryba Cubs and zeogold Dodgers.
Post edited October 15, 2017 by OldFatGuy
Man there really is nobody reading this anymore. Nothing but *crickets* in here.

Should I bother updating with daily results anymore or just announce the winner at the end of the World Series?
OldFatGuy: Man there really is nobody reading this anymore. Nothing but *crickets* in here.

Should I bother updating with daily results anymore or just announce the winner at the end of the World Series?
i read it
Was that slide into 2nd interference?

I can't say for sure.
OldFatGuy: Man there really is nobody reading this anymore. Nothing but *crickets* in here.

I actually have been trying to read it and understand baseball. It still confuses me but that doesn't stop me from cheering on my team. :)

I tried watching a bit of the Astros vs Yankees on Fox earlier (couldn't watch the whole thing cause of work and stuff). I watched about 10 minutes of it around the spot where one of the Astros guys hit the ball for a homerun and a kid caught the ball in the stands.

tinyE: i read it
Okay, so long as at least one is reading... lol

The BenKii Astros defeated the drmike Yankees in another pitcher's duel by the same score of 2-1 to take a 2 games to none lead in their best 4 of 7 series. The Cubs and Dodgers are just getting underway. With Kershaw on the mound for the Dodgers, I like zeogold's chances of taking a 1 game to none lead in that series. Kershaw is the best pitcher in baseball. Period.
Post edited October 15, 2017 by OldFatGuy