It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

Does anyone know if or when this year's Insomnia Sale will be happening?

I genuinely have never had so much fun with a PC game sale. The anticipation, the desperate struggle to add funds to my wallet, the "Number of Copies" bar sliding down fast when it's a great game and staying stubbornly still if it's a not-so hot game.

Brilliant and inspired.
Officially, nothing is known. As for some conjectures...

During the three previous years, Insomnia occurred during March. With March 2017 being a memory of the past, though, spring Insomnia no longer seems likely, especially with the summer sale less than 3 weeks away. If Insomnia occurs this year, maybe GOG will do it on autumn/fall, as they did with the very first Insomnia, or maybe they will even do a summer one. Who knows.
Post edited May 17, 2017 by Grargar
You missed it, ran from 23:59 27Mar - 00:01 28 Mar, we got everything from HlafLife3 to WOW all for a few quid, shame you were asleep.
I'm frankly glad that the stressful Insomnia Sale is over, but I'd like some big promo instead of the mildly interesting weekly ones.
Post edited May 17, 2017 by phaolo
Don't particularly like the format myself. Odds are I won't buy anything that way.
Can Insomnia and Piñata be mixed?
Not a fan of the format myself, as I already own 95% of the games I want from GOG, so it's just boring to me.
I have the impression GOG will try out some new things this year though.
amrit9037: Can Insomnia and Piñata be mixed?
Great idea. We offer 500 copies of a mystery game, then 250 copies of a different mystery game, etc. etc. (and everytime there's a 1 in 10 shot at 10 different games, but they don't overlap)

I'd be broke before dawn :P
Just got a GOG bear when I tried to load GOG, and the first forum thread I noticed was this one. My heart skipped a beat!
Screw Insomnia and all that gimmicky shit.
Breja: Screw Insomnia and all that gimmicky shit.
Because?
Breja: Screw Insomnia and all that gimmicky shit.
skimmie: Because?
Because I'd rather have all the deals laid out simultanously and have the time to consider my purchase. I don't like gimmicky sales. I don't need the act of buying games to be additionally gamified.
Oh! The keaning! :-)

I like Insomnia Sales, not just for the sales themselves.
I like how active the forum has been during them, especially in the first one.

As Grargar wrote earlier, I don't think we will see one soon, though.
I myself love insomnia.
Even though it gave me some troubles (forgot long-term bus ticket when making a purchase - it stayed with card in front of my pc. And of course that they they had to check-out tickets...).
I'm hoping for autumn, as we are approaching summer and prolly it will be taken by some big sale.
I too find the Insomnia sale to be a bit shady. It's meant to take advantage of our desire to want things that are rare by not giving the consumer enough time to research and watch YT vids of the game. You are meant to panic and just buy shit without thinking. It's a cheap used car-salesman trick that I think GOG should be too good for.