It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Looking back at 2017 on GOG.com

We made it! You made it! 2017 is almost over – and whatever your take on the world at large, only one thing can truly be said for certain: it's been a great year for all of us here at GOG.com – thank you for being a part of it!

Let's take a brief look back at the year 2017...

Over 2000 DRM-free games
Our catalog passed two thousand titles in 2017 – but if you know us, you know it's not just about the numbers. These are over two thousand unique experiences that we truly believe are worth playing!

Did somebody say good old games? Well, we brought back quite a few of them this year – the really tough ones and the ones we really missed – restored by our talented teams and friends across the net. There is the Jazz Jackrabbit series – CliffyB's gaming debut; SWAT 4 – happily no longer among PC Gamer's "15 great games you can't buy digitally"; The Suffering series – with scary monsters by Stan Winston Studios; the delicious Pizza Tycoon series; many long-lost classics Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom, Rise of the Dragon, Heart of China; [url=https://www.gog.com/game/titanic_adventure_out_of_time]Titanic: Adventure out of Time… and more!

But the good and old is only half the story. 2017 was an amazing year for gaming, with award winning and groundbreaking productions releasing DRM-free on GOG.com. If the indie revolution is behind us, then this is the renaissance!

2017 gave us Divinity: Original Sin 2 – PC Gamer's Game of the Year and this year's most popular game on GOG.com! Followed by Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice – Best Audio Design, Impact, and Best Performance at The Game Awards; the niche but loveable Piranha Bytes RPG; [url=https://www.gog.com/game/cuphead]Cuphead – winning Best Art Direction and Best Independent Game at The Game Awards; and so many others!

All in all, in 2017 alone we released nearly one quarter of our entire catalog – and it's an honor to work this closely with so many talented game developers and great publishers.

GOG Galaxy out of beta
In 2017 the GOG Galaxy client left behind its BETA tag – with a few great new features to boot! We added Universal Cloud Saves, technology which allows us to introduce Cloud Save support to classics and new games on GOG.com (now nearly 300 and counting). Plus an in-game overlay, a built-in FPS counter and screenshot tool, as well as an array of expanded settings allowing you to customize the client to your needs. Anyway, that's how we earned our sense of pride and accomplishment.

We are legion
We saved the best for last – and that's you lot. As we grow in size, the GOG word spreads farther and farther out! Tens of thousands of you have joined us this year across social media and our very own twitch.tv/GOGcom channel. That's over <span class="bold">240,000 following our Twitter shenanigans</span>, more than <span class="bold">340,000 of you with us on Facebook</span>.

<span class="bold">As for twitch.tv/GOGcom</span>, we can't thank our dedicated Stream Team enough for sharing our love for games seven days a week. In 2017 we reached 50k followers – oh, it just went up to 51k – and there have been over 214600 individuals watching us so far. If you combine all our 2017 streams, we streamed for 169 days and 15 hours (that's about 45% of the year!) and if you combine all the time people spent watching our channel in 2017, you get 38 years and 272 days!

Thank you so much for being with us in 2017 – we hope your 2018 is amazing, and we can't wait to show you what's in store for this year!
Post edited December 29, 2017 by Konrad
Love GOG and will continue to support you guys. My favourite distribution platform.
Thank you GOG for your continued excellent service and dedication to classic PC games! I love your company!
[I'm trying a reply like this, because I tried posting only what was below, and I'm getting a "Processing..." message which doesn't go away and my post isn't confirmed. Okay, my original reply included the entire original post from GOG...I'm now trying to edit my post to what I wanted to do in the first place...let's see if that works]
GOG.com: There is the Jazz Jackrabbit series – CliffyB's gaming debut
Wikipedia has different information on this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Bleszinski#Career[/url]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Bleszinski#Video_games[/url]

Does anyone know much about his first two games ("The palace of deceit" and "Dare to dream")?
Do they still exist? Were they popular at the time?
Post edited December 30, 2017 by BartonFink
It went well enough, no need to cover the bad MarkoH01 has already done that splendidly
Congratz and hope you continue to grow.
2018 - Might and Magic X please, pretty please.
high rated
My purse lies broken and weeping in the corner after all the great games I bought from GOG this year. Good to hear that you had a great year, and keep on being awesome. Hopefully you can convince existing and new developers to release more great games from years past (there are still several I would like to buy here), and embrace GOG as a viable distribution platform for their new releases. Best wishes to you all for the coming year.
high rated
Well deserved GoG team. I hope 2018 will be even better for you!

My wish is that more developers/publishers will be less worried about DRM free. If people want to get games by 'P' they will get it by 'P'.

There was a very interesting article about 2, 3 years ago about Steam buying vs. playing stats
Iirc about 80% of the average Steam games bought on long term were still left untouched in players library.

So people spent 80% of their money on games they want, simply just in case they 'feel like playing' it. It's game hoarding and masively benefits the gaming industry. 80%.... ka-chiing.

Game selling industry has changed massively through the years (I'm 39). There's much easier access to games, faster discounts to fairly new games.
In 90's retail shops kept their boxed versions to full price untill they were so desperate about still not selling that it went into discount, could take years. Not to PROMOTE sale, but to GET RID of their dust collecting old games. And THAT is the big difference between games in 90's and in the present times. tbh there's not (never!) a good reason to 'P' these days, same for early years.

The 90's retail insta-buy player group has become smaller, many of them became a 'waiting for any discount' customer, but still paying. How many (former) 'P' players decided to buy during sale, simply because discount is surely waiting around the corner?

Unfortunately Game Industry still pretends 'P' is just as worse as back in the old days. Bullcrap.

I love GoG, I like Steam and I buy on Origin if I'm forced to to get the game. But if it was possible I'd go GoG al the way. Spending just as much as money on games as I do now, DRM-free :)

The funny part is that many people are even willing to buy he DRM free version as wel on GoG, even it they once bought it on Steam. I remember Fallout 3 games being released in 2017. Of course I re-buy it Bethesda (I own retail, Steam and GoG), and I'm not the only one!

Publishers, please get less paranoid about 'P' in 2018 and realize GoG is great, it saves money invested in copy protection which is cracked at the moment of game's release.

Wishing everyone the best in 2018! Also to Geralt of Rivia, who I hope he will revive to bring us another Witcher game :-)
Post edited December 30, 2017 by Kassad666
Love what you've done in this year and want to thank you for your commitment.

Wish you the very best of luck in the coming year!
GOG.com: Looking back at 2017 on GOG.com

Thank you so much for being with us in 2017 – we hope your 2018 is amazing, and we can't wait to show you what's in store for this year!
Thank you GOG for having Hollow Knight and Crosscode! Easily my Favorite games for this year :)
Haha! I wonder if GOG will ever unveil the real trade secret, all those elusive numbers on how many players and buyers we've got here on the platform.

All in all, congrats GOG! :D
Happy New Year!
Despite some controversial changes on the platform this year, my experience with GOG was a positive one.
So here's to many more fruitful and successful years! Be forever DRM free, don't forget your roots, -- you have my full support!
Happy New Year!
DRM-free and an alternative to Steam; with good Customer Support to boot!

Here's to you GOG!
Happy new year guys! <3 GOG
Absolutely well deserved! Keep up the amazing work done so far! :D
How many years left until you fix the forum though? -10?
Post edited December 30, 2017 by Mr.Caine
high rated
So we are going to forget the galaxy installers debacle, lack of any useful update to the website or forum, armello, gwent and the rise of always online gaming here (absolver, witcher adventure game amongst others). More regional pricing/locking, removal of all goodies with any products, addition of multiple game versions with no upgrade paths, dlc on everything including pointless dressyuppy cons and missed adding free on other sites. Rising game prices, focus on releasing pixalated roguelike crafting shovelware. Allowing devs to get away with not updating their games on here, or updates only via galaxy. Releasing (not just indev but apparently finished) games such as man o war which is a bug fest joke even if it was at alpha stage. Also continued with the good old tradition of bugs, mess ups at each release, social media only give aways (have an account with us, that's not good enough, we need to sell your data to Reddit as well), annoying sales - not just the weekly 1% off, but even the big ones.

So yes, I suppose congratulations are in order, with GOG CEG and GOG Mod Workshop coming out next year the steam fanboys who drive your decision making will be over the moon with the "I use my hipster site which is exactly the same as steam but not called steam site".