It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Don't Breath

A group of young theives try to steal 300k from an old blind war vets home. It doesn't go according to their plan, at all. Produced by Sam Raimi (Evil Deads), it's got his marks all over it.

Not that many good horror movies released, but this is a good one. I was glad there wasn't much on and I saw this, and glad I supported something that isn't a huge blockbuster, an intelligent little horror thriller movie. Got it just right.

Sully

About the miracle on the Hudson plane "crash" incident, true story / drama / sort of disaster film.

Doesn't seem like it has much going for it except Tom Hanks on the poster, turned out to be an amazing movie, the people in the theatre could barely leave after it finished.
Matruchus: London has fallen

In comparison to the first movie of the franchise - Olympus has fallen - this one kind falls short of the excitement the first one offered. There is quite a lot of action but its like something is missing. Still recommend to watch for some nice action moments but otherwise it did not impress me much.
Body count was a bit higher as well i think.But your right. Just fell short of the original. Wonder if there is a 3rd one in the works :D
Matruchus: London has fallen

In comparison to the first movie of the franchise - Olympus has fallen - this one kind falls short of the excitement the first one offered. There is quite a lot of action but its like something is missing. Still recommend to watch for some nice action moments but otherwise it did not impress me much.
Niggles: Body count was a bit higher as well i think.But your right. Just fell short of the original. Wonder if there is a 3rd one in the works :D
I think I actually liked it more than the first one. More balls-to-the-wall isnane in it's scope, and Butler was awesome, it was easy to see he was having a blast. Also, I think the action looked better. The one take assault/running firefight near the end was quite impressive. I'm hoping for another sequel. It's dumb fun, but it's dumb fun done right.
Magnificent Seven

Bad guy tries to intimidate a bunch of farmers off their land, they hire seven guns for hire, cue shootouts.

It ain't the 3:10 to Yuma that's for sure. I'd say you can safely wait and watch it on Blu-ray.
Post edited October 01, 2016 by bad_fur_day1
Inferno

Based on the forth Robert Langdon novel by Dan Brown (The DaVinci Code)

Was a tasty treat, especially for people who have read the book. Even just one more decent Robert Langon film was more than I could want.

I don't think you could ask for a better Robert Langdon than Tom Hanks, sometimes an actor is just so perfect for a role it seems like it couldn't be played by anyone else.

*Absolutely fantastic trailer for Dr. Strange before it.
Post edited October 15, 2016 by bad_fur_day1
bad_fur_day1: Inferno

Based on the forth Robert Langdon novel by Dan Brown (The DaVinci Code)

Was a tasty treat, especially for people who have read the book. Even just one more decent Robert Langon film was more than I could want.

I don't think you could ask for a better Robert Langdon than Tom Hanks, sometimes an actor is just so perfect for a role it seems like it couldn't be played by anyone else.

*Absolutely fantastic trailer for Dr. Strange before it.
I saw this trailer and I hope is a great movie, but I've read some low rated and bad critics :(
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back

Was okay to decent, I happily spent two hours with it. Was missing some of the spunk of the first one, mostly because it didn't focus on Jack Reachers character as much as a large scale story. Had some great fight scenes. Tom Cruise is still a fairly average Jack Reacher but at least he has the star power to get them made, which counts for something.
Doctor Strange

The 14th movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

What is strange is Dr. Strange going from a normal doctor to creating sparks out of thin air by reading a few books, wizards being able to create portals to anywhere yet getting stuck places, getting a near mortal wound but being totally fine five minutes later, being able to do miraculous magic yet having to go to the emergency room when hurt...

But aside from that it felt like a lot of candyfloss without much of a chewy center, had some very good imagery, but if you want to forget about your life for two hours it works fine.
bad_fur_day1: Doctor Strange

The 14th movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

What is strange is Dr. Strange going from a normal doctor to creating sparks out of thin air by reading a few books, wizards being able to create portals to anywhere yet getting stuck places, getting a near mortal wound but being totally fine five minutes later, being able to do miraculous magic yet having to go to the emergency room when hurt...

But aside from that it felt like a lot of candyfloss without much of a chewy center, had some very good imagery, but if you want to forget about your life for two hours it works fine.
I don't want to say it disappointed me, because I don't expect much from Marvel a t this point, but I can't find a better word for it either. Here we have a movie about powerful wizards, and all we get is people punching each other again, just like every superhero movie. Only this time they do it with Inception cityscape in the background. There is so much that could be done with magic fights. They could shapeshift, summon creatures, create illusions, throw fireballs... but no. Everybody is kung-fu fighting. Sometimes they create a shield or a weapon out of energy for a while. That's it. I'm not kidding when I say that if you want to see wizards fighting, you'd be bettter of with The Raven from 1963.

Also, the villain is again the most bland, paper-thin bad guy imaginable. Marvel seems incapable of having any villain other than Loki be interesting in the slightest in their movies. It's basically a running joke now.

It's not a terrible movie, but it's so unoriginal, so by the numbers it's almost sad. And it rips-off Inception and Nolan's Batman pretty shamelessly. Even the music is terribly unoriginal- it sounds exactly like music from Abrams' Star Trek. I know it's the same composer, but come on, that's no excuse. It's like he took his Star Trek music sheet and worked on it for maybe two minutes to change a note here and there.
Hacksaw Ridge

Directed by Mel Gibson (Apocalypto, Braveheart)

Was a good, well made but not exceptional war film, and they are pretty few and far between.
bad_fur_day1: .
Hey, I love your Survivor: Bali avatar, cool beans.
Breja: snip
Have you ever watched Paprika? Inception itself lifted from that movie.

I wasn't disappointed, if anything I thought it would be more generic. I wanted something weird and unique like Paprika and I knew I wasn't getting it, but I thought it was going to be pewpewpew lasers back and forth like Harry Potter. It fell somewhere inbetween, which is at least better than most.

In the end I looked at it less like a wizard movie and more like a shonen anime. Martial arts that gives you special energy powers? This movie has more in common with Dragon Ball than Dragon Ball Evolution did.
Breja: snip
DaCostaBR: Have you ever watched Paprika? Inception itself lifted from that movie.
Nope, never even heard of it. As soon as I've looked it up, I knew why though - it's anime, and...

DaCostaBR: In the end I looked at it less like a wizard movie and more like a shonen anime.
... I hate anime. So this fits right in with me not liking the movie much.
DaCostaBR:
Breja: ... I hate anime.
Really? COOL!

Someone told me I was the only one on the planet that hated it. :D
low rated
Breja: ... I hate anime.
tinyE: Really? COOL!

Someone told me I was the only one on the planet that hated it. :D
Show me 1 alt,mouth.