It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Brace yourself for a long marathon of fun with a solid bunch of games from IDEA FACTORY making a debut on GOG.COM:

DATE A LIVE: Rio Reincarnation (-65%)
Death end re;Quest (-70%)
Death end re;Quest 2 (-60%)
Dragon Star Varnir (-70%)
Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force (-60%)
Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds (-35%)
Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms (-35%)
Moero Chronicles (-50%)
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed (-55%)
Neptunia Virtual Stars (-60%)
Super Neptunia RPG (-70%)

You can also buy DLCs on GOG.COM for some of the mentioned above titles. Hurry up and make a purchase before the discounts on games from IDEA FACTORY expire on 19th November 2021, at 2 PM UTC.
Does the VIP edition come with all the DLC?
low rated
Looks like someone fixed the Achievement bugs for these games (or at least some of them, I didn't buy and/or install all of them), so that it no longer hides unearned Achievements, and it also no longer incorrectly lists Achievement completion percentage at 100% even when 100% has not actually been reached.

Thanks for fixing those things.

It would be real nice if they also finally fixed the missing Achievements from the Neptunia Rebirth games.
Post edited November 16, 2021 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
low rated
kohlrak: you're taking another jab which is even easier to take down
darktjm: My point was that the gog tags are inaccurate.
Not something i think many dispute.
I gave an obvious (to me, who actually knows what "like rogue" means) and egregious example (again, to me, who actually used to like roguelikes, for the reasons they are like rogue, not because they have randomly generated worlds or broken save systems). This is not something I just said out of the blue, to introduce a new (to you) controversy: it is an argument I have put forth many times in the past (I used to post in every release thread for a game that was incorrectly tagged as roguelike, but that's just too much effort any more). Nor am I the only one who believes this; look it up for yourself. The fact that you felt a need to "take it down" by demonstrating that your definition of roguelike is as broken as gog's does not say anything about whether or not gog's tags are broken, and instead just shows that you are "worried about winning a fight without any concerns for whether or not you're right or wrong, and you're taking another jab which is even easier to take down".
Rogue-like has clearly come to refer to a feature set rather than a genre, especially when used in conjunction with genre tags. If people wanted to play a game just like rogue, they'd go grab nethack or one of the many variants. No, instead, roguelike has come to specifically mean randomly generated maps with randomly generated rewards with randomly generated properties, and this gets triggered by character death, which results in a loss of all progress. Roguelite generally refers to one of these features being missing, in particular the gravity of character death.
I'm not worried at all about "winning" or "losing" a fight with you (or anyone else, for that matter), by the way. I'm not even sure what the hell that is supposed to mean. What I do care about is being annoyed by forum reply notifications and having to explain my position repeatedly. Once should be enough. If I'm worried about anything, it's this forum being an echo chamber where people like you make statements like that unchallenged. As long as my comments are not entirely suppressed, you can go ahead and feel like you're victorious, superior, or whatever makes you feel better.
THat's why you did exactly as you said and let the issue go and did not respond any further. Calling people out for announcing that they're leaving a conversation only come back in is one of the most amusing past times of mine, these days. If you're going to leave, leave. Why would you announce it?
Didn't STEAM get a release for the anime? That would have been nice to see here.
kohlrak: Not something i think many dispute.
But yet you just decided to go off on a tangent, completely ignoring my point.

Roguelite generally refers
Really? I've never seen it used that way, ever. Instead, it is used to mean exactly the same thing, and is used by people who want to pretend to see the problems with calling games that are nothing like rogue "roguelike", but still feel the need to mention rogue in the name.

Other than this new (to me) claim of yours, I've already discussed rougelikes sufficiently elsewhere, so I will not say any more on the subject.

THat's why you did exactly as you said and let the issue go
Precisely. Please quote the exact parts of my response where I brought up the issue I said I would drop. I didn't say "Im leaving now, so you can go ahead and trample over everything I said with impunity" I said "I won't discuss this specific issue any more."

Given how off-topic this has veered, I expect this post to be moderated away, anyway. Whatever.
And I just saw this:
https://www.gog.com/promo/20211116_neptunia_virtual_stars

Lordy! Well, the VIP edition is the way to go if you're wanting all 35 DLCs.
low rated
kohlrak: Not something i think many dispute.
darktjm: But yet you just decided to go off on a tangent, completely ignoring my point.

Roguelite generally refers
darktjm: Really? I've never seen it used that way, ever. Instead, it is used to mean exactly the same thing, and is used by people who want to pretend to see the problems with calling games that are nothing like rogue "roguelike", but still feel the need to mention rogue in the name.

Other than this new (to me) claim of yours, I've already discussed rougelikes sufficiently elsewhere, so I will not say any more on the subject.
Common theme in both parts: you assume that i'm reading everything you write for the whole thread (or beyond). I'm sorry, but you're not important enough for me to do that. Instead, i'm judging you primarily based on what i see here. I was skimming over the thread and saw something that stood out to me as incredibly biased and might be mislead others (even still i can't tell if it's fanboying or virtue signaling), so it made sense to address it.

THat's why you did exactly as you said and let the issue go
Precisely. Please quote the exact parts of my response where I brought up the issue I said I would drop. I didn't say "Im leaving now, so you can go ahead and trample over everything I said with impunity" I said "I won't discuss this specific issue any more."

Given how off-topic this has veered, I expect this post to be moderated away, anyway. Whatever.
Bye, Felicia.
Keighn: And I just saw this:

I was tempted until i saw the price... on sale... And to know how IF things like DLC can break without getting fixed with an update, i'm not even tempted. I got burned with cyberdimension neptunia enough to know that something this DLC heavy is probably broken with no hope of getting fixed.
Post edited November 17, 2021 by kohlrak

Good googly moogly that's a lot of DLCs, I suppose I'd only get the base game first, then go with the DLC pack once it goes on a deep sale!

TZODnmr2k5: Good googly moogly that's a lot of DLCs, I suppose I'd only get the base game first, then go with the DLC pack once it goes on a deep sale!
NO!

The "DLC Pack" is useless. You only get 15 DLCs from the 42 DLCs in total AND buy the standard game a second time!

Until today there is NO real DLC pack without the main game!

You have to buy the "VIP Edition" for game and 34 DLC + OST DLC AND 7 seperate DLCs to get the whole pack of titles. Trust me, already went through it!
Post edited November 18, 2021 by Anime-BlackWolf
TZODnmr2k5: Good googly moogly that's a lot of DLCs, I suppose I'd only get the base game first, then go with the DLC pack once it goes on a deep sale!
Anime-BlackWolf: NO!

The "DLC Pack" is useless. You only get 15 DLCs from the 42 DLCs in total AND buy the standard game a second time!

Until today there is NO real DLC pack without the main game!

You have to buy the "VIP Edition" for game and 34 DLC + OST DLC AND 7 seperate DLCs to get the whole pack of titles. Trust me, already went through it!
WoW, thanks for the warning, yeah I'll wait until there's an 80% discount then as I refuse to pay that much for DLCs
Achievements for Hyperdimension Neptunia U are now displayed in the client, but still not working.

I definitely completed some of them (for example, "Chapter 1 Clear!" and "EXE Drive"), but they didn't unlock.

The client is up to date. Achievements in other games work fine.
OHMYGODJCABOMB: Achievements in other games work fine.
For me that's not always been the case.

A few days ago, I completed the criteria to unlock some Achievements for Death end re;Quest 1, and the relevant Achievements did not unlock (even though before that moment, I had successfully unlocked other Galaxy Achievements for the same game).

However, when I played that same game again on another day, then new Achievements started unlocking again when I met the criteria.

So I'm not sure whether some of the Achievements failing to have unlocked when they should have was due to a glitch on GOG's side, or because the Achievements are not coded fully properly on the publisher's side. It could be either/or, as far as I can tell.
Just wanted to let you know that the GOG support has confirmed that the achievements in Hyperdimension Neptunia U are not working, but they don't know when they will fix it.