It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Shmacky-McNuts: How perverse. People can't even give to the charity that GOG is running. I know. Buy 1....but people want to buy more than 1 for a good reason. Go figure.
People can donate any amount directly, no need to buy games for that.
Shmacky-McNuts: How perverse. People can't even give to the charity that GOG is running. I know. Buy 1....but people want to buy more than 1 for a good reason. Go figure.
ssling: People can donate any amount directly, no need to buy games for that.
I know. But I have no other way of paying to help. Seriously. Not upset really. I just wanted to make a larger donation, while at the same time giving out a few freebies. It makes a few people a little more cheery sometimes.
low rated
ssling: People can donate any amount directly, no need to buy games for that.
Shmacky-McNuts: I know. But I have no other way of paying to help. Seriously. Not upset really. I just wanted to make a larger donation, while at the same time giving out a few freebies. It makes a few people a little more cheery sometimes.
Link to American Red Cross: https://www.redcross.org/

You can suppport Red Cross directly here. At time of writing, there are no specific American Red Cross Ukraine campaigns, but there is a statement here: https://www.redcross.org/about-us/news-and-events/news/2022/ukraine-red-cross-delivers-aid-to-families.html

There are many ways of donating through their website, including online donations, gifts, donations via phone etc - https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation.html/

edit: even "Donate through Alexa" :) thats a new one. need to momorise the phrase: "Alexa, make a donation to the American Red Cross.” to use when i am visitng people who have Alexa
Post edited March 02, 2022 by amok
Shmacky-McNuts: I know. But I have no other way of paying to help. Seriously. Not upset really. I just wanted to make a larger donation, while at the same time giving out a few freebies. It makes a few people a little more cheery sometimes.
In that case you can buy these other games too: https://www.gog.com/promo/20220302_support_ukraine
Or buy them in other platforms, like consoles are included too.
low rated
ssling: In that case you can buy these other games too: https://www.gog.com/promo/20220302_support_ukraine
Or buy them in other platforms, like consoles are included too.
Hey thanks for the info! =D
I know I went back and got a few more games to show my support so bringing up the information again was useful to at least me. It may not help a LOT (I'm not sure how much the small amount I spent on those games will help people in need), but it's better than nothing.

Once again hoping that people will get the aid and help they need.
I respect and support small indie developers like 11 bits studios over greedy big corporations like EA and Ubisoft anyday.
11 Bit Studios have extended the deadline until Friday 00:00 Pacific Time / 03:00 Eastern Time / 09:00 Central European Time.
https://twitter.com/11bitstudios/status/1499459748097409033
The 11 Bit Studios fundraiser ended yesterday with over $850,000 raised:
https://twitter.com/11bitstudios/status/1499736525357129730
sasuke12: I respect and support small indie developers like 11 bits studios over greedy big corporations like EA and Ubisoft anyday.
That's great, and I think much the same, but it's really not the issue right now. Ubisoft has supplied alternate housing and advance payments to their employees in the Ukraine, which is no small feat really.

EA has stopped selling to the aggressors ... which ... is, from my point of view right now, not much of an act of solidarity with Ukraine but frankly a sensible business decision given the hopefully further exploding sanctions on doing any business with the invaders.
Post edited March 05, 2022 by Vainamoinen
low rated
sasuke12: I respect and support small indie developers like 11 bits studios over greedy big corporations like EA and Ubisoft anyday.
Vainamoinen: That's great, and I think much the same, but it's really not the issue right now. Ubisoft has supplied alternate housing and advance payments to their employees in the Ukraine, which is no small feat really.

EA has stopped selling to the aggressors ... which ... is, from my point of view right now, not much of an act of solidarity with Ukraine but frankly a sensible business decision given the hopefully further exploding sanctions on doing any business with the invaders.
I agree. Let's focus on solidarity and promote the moves we feel can help. There's enough attrition already and complaining too much could even increase it.
Promo page and banner are now down but you can still buy Darkwood till March 8th.
SmollestLight: ~ ping ~
Is there a problem with your chat?
Probably fits best in this thread, since 11 bit Studios is explicitly mentioned for having donated the equivalent of $850.000 to the Ukrainian Red Cross:
Krieg und Spiele: Wie die ukrainische Games-Branche Putins Angriff trotzt (War and Games: How the Ukrainian Games industry is defying Putin's aggression)

Produced by 3sat, a German-Austrian-Swiss operated public service generalist TV channel the 6min report gives a very brief overview on the current situation of the Ukrainian games industry, mainly focusing on Frogwares.

- Lead narrative desginer at Frogwares, Antonina Melnykova returning to and meeting up with colleagues for a couple hours at the Kiev studio since months of working from home, stresses that continuing to develop games is like a "medicine" or remedy to stay mentally occupied and not go insane
- mentions of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, Off the Grid, Ghost Recon Frontline & World of Tanks as some of the more prominent projects out of one of Europe's centers of games development with a couple thousand active developers
- pointing out the thematically as well as emotionally heavy atmosphere that almost all of them have in common, as does Frogware's The Sinking City, whose dreary and grim-dark tone, according to Communication director at Frogwares, Sergey Oganesyan is attributed to the 8 years of war in Eastern Ukraine "one simply cannot wipe off of one's mind or forget about"
- just like fictional literature or paintings can be a mirror of the writer's or painter's current reality and experiences so can games be an outlet for what the developers are occupied with or are influenced by
- switch over to Warsaw and 11 Bit Studios, mentioning the $850.000 made from the special sale of This War of Mine
- pointing out This War of Mine as one of the very few anti-war games with a pacifist message played from a civilian perspective and its main focus on survival in a situation that cannot be won by anyone
- Senior PR manager at 11 Bit Studios, Konrad Adamczewski on This War of Mine originally conceived with the siege of Sarajevo in mind, describes feeling obligated to do something when the invasion started
- critically acclaimed This War of Mine being recommended and used at Polish schools as an "important anti-war message"
- pointing out the unique capabilities of games as an interactive medium with choice & consequence, and how that can be used in a meaningful/cautionary context against the backdrop of a war scenario like the one in Ukraine
- Sergey Oganesyan believes there will be games set in the current war, telling stories taking place in and shedding light on the atrocities committed in Mariupol, Kharkiv or Bucha
- it seems inevitable that, sooner or later, developers in and outside of Ukraine will turn their attention and pick up on the subject matter, also as a means to (re-)process and even as a document of the events
Post edited May 26, 2022 by Swedrami
Thank You, Swedrami!