It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

- Updated notification system. Notifications now appear on the left-hand side of the screen rather than the tab on the right. - Notifications can be filtered based on priority or turned off in the game options menu.

Sounds ok in theory but practically two of the three options show no notifications at all and only the "show all" shows all. Including the 1 million base constructors and farm upgrades created messages which drowns X Number of unallowed ships in my space, x turns to next UP meeting and treaties running out. On top of now being always present the scrolling is less responsive than it was in the tab and the "X" clicking to remove them is unintuitive since the X need to appear by scroll-over and the message needs to fade out in a stylish but annoyingly 2 sec time consuming way. Its like after a brainstorming over notification improvements somebody took all suggestions and picked the worst of each of them.

A working prioritization in the previous tab system would have been the best on top of certain events getting a popup (like war; its lousy to find out have been in war for 4 turns since you get attacked by your "friend & trade-partner" which did not showed any risk of even going to war).

edit:
since its relevant for that patch: I play the English version.
Post edited August 07, 2016 by anothername
Its because Stardock pay attention to customer feedback, which is good, but then 'too many cooks spoil the broth'.

Another analogy i like to use for Stardock is 'Whack a mole'

They make a game, there are various good and bad things (moles). all the 'too many cooks' feedback has them playing whack a mole, they hit half a dozen bad moles as well as good moles on the head and half a dozen new good and bad moles pop up and so on and so fourth it goes.
anothername: - Updated notification system. Notifications now appear on the left-hand side of the screen rather than the tab on the right. - Notifications can be filtered based on priority or turned off in the game options menu.

Sounds ok in theory but practically two of the three options show no notifications at all and only the "show all" shows all. Including the 1 million base constructors and farm upgrades created messages which drowns X Number of unallowed ships in my space, x turns to next UP meeting and treaties running out. On top of now being always present the scrolling is less responsive than it was in the tab and the "X" clicking to remove them is unintuitive since the X need to appear by scroll-over and the message needs to fade out in a stylish but annoyingly 2 sec time consuming way. Its like after a brainstorming over notification improvements somebody took all suggestions and picked the worst of each of them.

A working prioritization in the previous tab system would have been the best on top of certain events getting a popup (like war; its lousy to find out have been in war for 4 turns since you get attacked by your "friend & trade-partner" which did not showed any risk of even going to war).

edit:
How is 1.82 treating you?
anothername: - Updated notification system. Notifications now appear on the left-hand side of the screen rather than the tab on the right. - Notifications can be filtered based on priority or turned off in the game options menu.

edit:
JudasIscariot: How is 1.82 treating you?
I paused the session after the OP. It got a makeover? Great to know, thanks! :)
Will try to pry me away from the Mount & Blade mod which currently occupies me this evening to check out the new update.
JudasIscariot: How is 1.82 treating you?
anothername: I paused the session after the OP. It got a makeover? Great to know, thanks! :)
Will try to pry me away from the Mount & Blade mod which currently occupies me this evening to check out the new update.
All I know is that 1.82 came with a lengthy changelog and I was curious as to whether it helped any with the issue you reported :)
anothername: I paused the session after the OP. It got a makeover? Great to know, thanks! :)
JudasIscariot: All I know is that 1.82 came with a lengthy changelog and I was curious as to whether it helped any with the issue you reported :)
Ok, updated it to 1.82 but nothing changed with the notifications. Literally nothing, even the bug that "Show only high notifications" and "show only medium and high notifications" setting show none (while all still floods with all) is still there. I guess it might even useful (if slightly annoying how its positioned) if the settings would work correctly.

I will not rule out that its a problem similar to ship-levels & asteroid mines, in which they do not really apply to a running game which begun two big patch versions earlier. Should that be the case and considering that I usually play these games on the biggest & slowest map possible really trying to have a "tamagotchi" empire I think I'll skip rest of GC3 for an extended period.