It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I can't get into Abbe Arnaud's window. When I click on the window, and the action menu comes up, I never receive the 'open' or 'action' icon to be able to operate the window. I know HOW to get in, I just can't get the icon in the action menu to show up to allow it. I can look at, I can magnify it, I can apply an inventory item to it, I can never 'open' it.. I'm running the game on a Windows 7 PC in DOSBox.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
The window needs a lubricant. If you've been exploring the hotel rooms, you should have one in your inventory.
Minya: The window needs a lubricant. If you've been exploring the hotel rooms, you should have one in your inventory.
Thank you for responding! Yes, I know. I already have it. The problem is that I can't try to OPEN the window at all. It appears to be a technical problem in the game. If I click on the lubricant, I get the annoying 'those don't work together', because the window is still unopened. It's enormously frustrating.
Are you sure you're supposed to open the window in the timeframe you're in atm? And not in a later timeframe?
Also, stupid question, but sometimes people derp; are you trying to open the parish-window or the officewindow?
That is EXACTLY MY PROBLEM! I was trying to open the wrong window. I was going for the one with the flower pots, instead of the office window! Well, I feel silly, but, at least it isn't a technical problem. It's the loose nut behind the keyboard. Thanks a bunch!
No worries :) User error is always the worst error when you realize what a numbnut you've been. Done it myself a million times. XD
PM me if you ever encounter another issue in the game :)