It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Actually it is 1.02.6. Not 1.0.2.6.
benj_israel: I uninstalled the game, reinstalled and then patched. If you keep your saves, there's no disruption. But I agree, they should fix this..
Is it a new update, though? I mean with the new features like the colourblind mode?

Edit: Ok it is the new 1.3 version, but it only seems to upgrade if you reinstall.
Post edited December 23, 2012 by jamotide
I have uninstalled and then applied the patch. It worked for me. When you uninstall select to keep your saves. I was having the same problem as you guys but with this it worked.
Version numbers are hard.
Serathis: Version numbers are hard.
Not really. Use the version number of the software you're distributing.
Tried installing again, keeping the savegames; worked for me, yay!
Well, I tried that but no dice.
So the newest version is 1.03.1 correct?

This was driving me crazy, I eventually uninstalled and said DON'T keep my saves, used the '2.0' installer and got that version. Incidentally it kept my scores and stuff too, so I assume that's saved separately than actual game saves.

Developers have to understand calling something 2.0 people are going to assume the version should state 2.0. Unless you're a diehard fan, following every update of the game, this is gonna cause a lot of confusion. Should have either said '1.03.1' update or put '2.0' on the main menu.
Did your v1.03.1 FTL require UAC to run the game every time? I didn't understand why that was necessary since the previous versions of FTL didn't require UAC for Windows 7.

whatsnottaken: So the newest version is 1.03.1 correct?

This was driving me crazy, I eventually uninstalled and said DON'T keep my saves, used the '2.0' installer and got that version. Incidentally it kept my scores and stuff too, so I assume that's saved separately than actual game saves.

Developers have to understand calling something 2.0 people are going to assume the version should state 2.0. Unless you're a diehard fan, following every update of the game, this is gonna cause a lot of confusion. Should have either said '1.03.1' update or put '2.0' on the main menu.
There was a problem with the patch, so it worked only with base version (1.0.0.6), and not patched ones.

We just uploaded a new installer, and fixed patch - it should now be compatible with previous versions (that is 1.0.0.6 + either or both of the previous patches).

Contents are the same as in the version and patch uploaded 5 days ago (which is an update to developer version 1.03.1), so if you have already installed it, or installed that patch on 1.0.0.6 version, there is nothing you need to do.

Sorry for the long delay, everything should be working now :-)
Post edited December 27, 2012 by Gowor
I just bought FTL off GOG and installed it to my D drive instead of the default C path. It runs fine on its own, but the patch made available on GOG fails to properly update to 2.0 despite saying it has been applied. The "Launch game" button also doesn't work in the patch executable's window. I tried running/installing the patch both from the C drive where it was initially downloaded, then I moved the patch exe to my D drive and ran it from there in case it might help. Neither worked.
Post edited January 02, 2013 by scbtripwire
scbtripwire: snip
What kind of error message did you get, and in which game version? The latest patch should create a log.txt file detailing any failed operations right next to the patch exe if anything went wrong.

Launch button not working could be caused by antivirus or Windows UAC not allowing you to start a new program from the patcher. You can still start the game normally from the Start Menu.

Installation path is not really important in this case.
There was no error and no log file created, the version installed is the one available as of last night (1.0.3.1). The patch says "Update already applied", yet running the game indicates differently.
This patch updates to the version 1.03.1 (which is already included in the installer 2.0.0.9). "Update already applied" means the installed version is the same as after the patch.
? I'm confused, so is 2.0.0.9 the version of the patch or the game, if 1.0.3.1 is the most recent version? What does the 2.0.0.9 then refer to?