It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

On Youtube I read something about characters freezing or going into a coma when HP becomes greater than 127 HP. Youtube guy was using some sort of HP trick with the spell Aid (didn't try it). Anyway, going over 127 was not a problem for me in EOB 1, but my transferred Paladin is in danger of clearing 127 HP in two or three levels... currently 105 HP at level 8.

Does anyone know if EOB 2 or 3 corrected this problem? Can HP exceed 127 in the later games without characters "going into a coma"? Killing my Paladin, then reviving with scrolls to drop CON should fix the issue, but before giving away HP like this I want to make sure it's absolutely necessary.
budgielover: On Youtube I read something about characters freezing or going into a coma when HP becomes greater than 127 HP. Youtube guy was using some sort of HP trick with the spell Aid (didn't try it). Anyway, going over 127 was not a problem for me in EOB 1, but my transferred Paladin is in danger of clearing 127 HP in two or three levels... currently 105 HP at level 8.

Does anyone know if EOB 2 or 3 corrected this problem? Can HP exceed 127 in the later games without characters "going into a coma"? Killing my Paladin, then reviving with scrolls to drop CON should fix the issue, but before giving away HP like this I want to make sure it's absolutely necessary.
I don't know, but keep in mind that you only get one more level of HP rolls, so the danger won't come as soon as you would expect. After level 9 paladins only get 3 HP per level. This means that if you get the minimum roll at level 9 (giving you 113 HP with 18 CON), you won't encounter HP overflow until leve 14 if the bug has not been fixed.
budgielover: On Youtube I read something about characters freezing or going into a coma when HP becomes greater than 127 HP. Youtube guy was using some sort of HP trick with the spell Aid (didn't try it). Anyway, going over 127 was not a problem for me in EOB 1, but my transferred Paladin is in danger of clearing 127 HP in two or three levels... currently 105 HP at level 8.

dtgreene: I don't know, but keep in mind that you only get one more level of HP rolls, so the danger won't come as soon as you would expect. After level 9 paladins only get 3 HP per level. This means that if you get the minimum roll at level 9 (giving you 113 HP with 18 CON), you won't encounter HP overflow until leve 14 if the bug has not been fixed.
Thanks. I knew that 2nd edition stopped the die HP gains eventually, but I couldn't remember if the 10th level gave full HP or not. Also, thankfully, fighter and paladin level growth is slowed greatly after 8 or 9.
dtgreene: I don't know, but keep in mind that you only get one more level of HP rolls, so the danger won't come as soon as you would expect. After level 9 paladins only get 3 HP per level. This means that if you get the minimum roll at level 9 (giving you 113 HP with 18 CON), you won't encounter HP overflow until leve 14 if the bug has not been fixed.
budgielover: Thanks. I knew that 2nd edition stopped the die HP gains eventually, but I couldn't remember if the 10th level gave full HP or not. Also, thankfully, fighter and paladin level growth is slowed greatly after 8 or 9.
Actually, 10th level gives full HP to rogues and wizards, but not warriors and priests, for whatever reason.
Good old second edition AD&D and all its backward rules. Still, it made for some great PC gaming.