It works on Win10 with ZeroTier - awesome! This is especially good, because even in the same LAN Flatout used to be complicated...
Howto Play Flatout 2 with your friends via the Internet:
0) Install and config ZeroTier Network on all mashines (I would recommend a private network!):
https: // support.paperspace.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004997928-How-to-Create-a-VPN-tunnel-with-ZeroTier-Windows-
1) Buy, download and install Flatout 2
2) Start Flatout 2 at least once and go into Multiplayer + close it afterwards
3) Accept the Windows Defender checkbox for private networks
4) Download the Flatout 2 Online Launcher (from Flatout Community):
https: // drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw8fpJu8BsIhbXFQOHk2OVhaWEk
(found on: https: // steamcommunity.com/app/2990/discussions/0/846955554705518281/?ctp=2 )
5) Copy this into your Flatout 2 directory (e.g: C:\GOG Games\FlatOut 2)
6) run the fo2_onl_launcher_2.4b.exe
either enter your own ZeroTier IP and click HOST to create a Lobby
or enter the HOSTs ZeroTier IP and click on JOIN to join the hosts Lobby
8) Flatout 2 should now start and after selecting a profile you should be in the Lobby
edit: Since i can't post links, you have to remove the spaces in the links...
Hi, thanks for the How-To.
When I start the launcher, it get's an error "Failed to find Steam".