It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

On Windows 7, is the Xbox 360 Controller automatically compatible with FlatOut 2 or does the user have to configure something?
I did some searching and the answer I found was "Yes, but you can't customize the controls", which sucks because I like using the left stick to accelerate / brake and the right stick to steer.

Of course, you'll still need the microsoft driver for the xbox controller to use it at all on your computer (assuming it's not already included with windows 7), but I assume you already know that.

Note: I don't own Flatout 2 or Windows 7, so I can't personally test this. I'm just parroting what I found on other sites.
hudfreegamer: I did some searching and the answer I found was "Yes, but you can't customize the controls", which sucks because I like using the left stick to accelerate / brake and the right stick to steer.

Of course, you'll still need the microsoft driver for the xbox controller to use it at all on your computer (assuming it's not already included with windows 7), but I assume you already know that.

Note: I don't own Flatout 2 or Windows 7, so I can't personally test this. I'm just parroting what I found on other sites.
Thanks for the info! Do you know if the Right Trigger is used for acceleration and if the Left Trigger is used for the brake?
Of course you can remap your controls. There is an option in the games menu. I did not change any axes, because they were already set up right for me (left stick steers, RT accelerate/LT brake) , but i could remap the face and bumper buttons just fine.
Does anyone know how to get the rumble to work with this game? For some reason even though I have it turned on in the menu for my 360 controller, I don't get any feedback. It seems to make the game emptier for me, so it would be appreciated if someone could help me out!
I didn't test it yet because meanwhile i prefer no rumble effects. I suppose the game only delivers "true" force feedback, instead of the simple rumble effects the 360 pad works with.
360 controller works great for this game. The only bad thing is that you can't navigate the menus with it and have to use the keyboard but that's a very minor nitpick. Game is a blast, although I want to punch the guy who programmed the AI for Jack Benton because he is a cheating bastard that is constantly on my ass every race.
Post edited January 29, 2014 by Starhawk64
I've been playing this with a 360 controller just fine. Now I just need alcohol to explain my bad driving :D