It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grand Theft Auto, Mafia, Alan Wake, Super Meat Boy's original OST, and too many other examples to easily search for have been delisted for purchase, either temporarily or permanently, or had their original release soundtrack altered as a result of music licensing expiring, often after 10 years.

Getting a legitimate drm-free source of Fallout 3 (and New Vegas, and Oblivion) on GOG has been an outright miracle, and while Fallout 3 is, I think, too popular to be gone forever, there's no guarantee that Bethesda wouldn't use a temporary delisting to forgo GOG in favor of their Bethesdanet platform, given their current predilection for remasters and microtransactions.

This is purely speculation on my part, but I'm getting nervous. I'm still kicking myself for missing the last Bethesda weekend sale to (re!)purchase Fallout 3 to get a drm-free copy. I've been waiting for the fall sale (to take advantage of the 'spend $xx and get this game for free' promotion GOG usually offers) but I'm concerned there might not be time for that.

Please GOG, reach out and find out if I need to bite the bullet and pay full price to buy the game again while I still can. (Or better yet, another sale or Connect, but I'm not greedy and Fallout 3 is easily worth full price twice over)
I think that this post fits better in the General Forum.
There's GOG 10th anniversary expected this month so maybe you'll have another occasion to buy Fallout 3. I doubt Bethesda will take their games from GOG though.
DalekSec: I think that this post fits better in the General Forum.
Do you think so? I don't mind posting in the general forums. Is cross-posting allowed, i.e. leaving this post active?

side note: I uploaded a forum avatar hours ago and the UI is just spinning, spinning, spinning...
DalekSec: I think that this post fits better in the General Forum.
LordData: Do you think so? I don't mind posting in the general forums. Is cross-posting allowed, i.e. leaving this post active?

side note: I uploaded a forum avatar hours ago and the UI is just spinning, spinning, spinning...
Is mainly because the post is about the possibility that a game be removed, you can reach to more people in the General Forum. The game specific forum is best for problems with the game, or to speak about mods for it, tips, etc.

PD. About changing the avatar, if the new avatar appear in you profile, then don't worry, it can take time to be showed in the forums. I changed my avatar some days ago, and it take more that one day to appear.
Game's still here, has the music been changed?

EDIT: Version number hasn't changed at least.
Post edited October 30, 2018 by jcoa