It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

eulensteak: how do i know if i have patch 1.3.4 installed? the menu still says v.1.2 and when i installed the hi-res patch it stated "1.2 TeamX version detected".

was my installation of 1.3.4 unsuccessful?
It doesn't mean anything went wrong....the people who made the patch just forgot to tell the patch to update the version number, is all.

Btw to all: Here is the correct order to install the various patches(currently), along with links:

1.2 patch by TeamX: http://teamx.ru/site_arc/patches/fallup12.rar
1.35 Patch by TeamX: http://teamx.ru/site_arc/patches/fallup13.rar

Optional NPC patch(Gives ability to level up NPC teammates and also change their armor/tactics)....: http://teamx.ru/site_arc/mods/f1npcmod.rar

Optional High Resolution patch(Which also fixes graphical bugs on some systems)...: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1426

(Additional info: I didn't include sfall as it isn't needed since the newest HRP includes the fixes it made to the game and more. I also changed a few links to direct to the TeamX site as the NMA site was hosting obsolete versions of those files.)
GameRager: (Additional info: I didn't include sfall as it isn't needed since the newest HRP includes the fixes it made to the game and more. I also changed a few links to direct to the TeamX site as the NMA site was hosting obsolete versions of those files.)
HRP adds middle mouse button and scroll wheel functionality (the primary reason to use sfall1)? Sfall does not really contain any 'fixes' for FO1 as you can see if you check the ini file. The fixes mentioned in readme are for FO2. The DX9 mode (yes, I know it works poorly) has been helpfull for some LP'ers as their recording software could not record the game otherwise (recording softwares might've improved by now or HRP may serve same purpose now, who knows) and functioning middle mouse button and especially mouse scroll wheel are certainly usefull.
Petrell: HRP adds middle mouse button and scroll wheel functionality (the primary reason to use sfall1)? Sfall does not really contain any 'fixes' for FO1 as you can see if you check the ini file. The fixes mentioned in readme are for FO2. The DX9 mode (yes, I know it works poorly) has been helpfull for some LP'ers as their recording software could not record the game otherwise (recording softwares might've improved by now or HRP may serve same purpose now, who knows) and functioning middle mouse button and especially mouse scroll wheel are certainly useful.
The mod known as SFall isn't even for FO1(And never was). If you look at the author's website/readme for SFall you'll see that "SFall1" wasn't actually SFall at all....it was just a patch cobbled together for FO1 to address graphical bugs and add some other minor features(such as mouse scroll wheel/button use into the game.).

IIRC, it(The patch people were calling SFall1.) was/is the same thing as the author's(Timeslip's) engine tweaks package/patch/etc for FO1. And as the HRP adds in the graphical fixes that SFall1 made to the game Sfall1 isn't needed unless you want the added mouse wheel functionality.
Post edited December 18, 2012 by GameRager
GameRager: The mod known as SFall isn't even for FO1(And never was). If you look at the author's website/readme for SFall you'll see that "SFall1" wasn't actually SFall at all....it was just a patch cobbled together for FO1 to address graphical bugs and add some other minor features(such as mouse scroll wheel/button use into the game.).

IIRC, it(The patch people were calling SFall1.) was/is the same thing as the author's(Timeslip's) engine tweaks package/patch/etc for FO1. And as the HRP adds in the graphical fixes that SFall1 made to the game Sfall1 isn't needed unless you want the added mouse wheel functionality.
Ehm, from readme
sfall, a fallout 1 and 2 engine tweak mod by Timeslip (http://timeslip.chorrol.com)
version 1.18e, built for fallout 1 v1.2 US.
So this it is specific build of sfall for fallout 1 (or at least Timeslip called that at the time, and yes I know he later denied it) but were's arguing about semantics here. Yes, it has very limited functionality as I have always pointed out and the graphics modes in it work quite poorly but some people have found them usefull in absence of better alternative. I host it as I was asked to after timeslip stopped hosting it and I have not had nor have I heard of problems with it (well, other than graphics modes, but as I mentioned, at least at the time, it was only way LP'ers could record it).

HRP 4.x includes DX9 output so perhaps LP'ers can use it for recording purposes or maybe newer versions of recording software already managed it without sfall1 and that would be good as there are problems with sfall graphics modes as I keep repeating ;-p, still if player wants middle mouse and mouse wheel functionality they can use sfall1 for it until better alternative comes around.
GameRager: Btw to all: Here is the correct order to install the various patches(currently), along with links:
1.2 patch by TeamX: [url=
1.35 Patch by TeamX: [url=
Optional NPC patch(Gives ability to level up NPC teammates and also change their armor/tactics)....: [url=
Optional High Resolution patch(Which also fixes graphical bugs on some systems)...: [url=
(Additional info: I didn't include sfall as it isn't needed since the newest HRP includes the fixes it made to the game and more. I also changed a few links to direct to the TeamX site as the NMA site was hosting obsolete versions of those files.)
What about the children patch from the first page? Is that obsolete?
GameRager: Btw to all: Here is the correct order to install the various patches(currently), along with links:
1.2 patch by TeamX: [url=
1.35 Patch by TeamX: [url=
Optional NPC patch(Gives ability to level up NPC teammates and also change their armor/tactics)....: [url=
Optional High Resolution patch(Which also fixes graphical bugs on some systems)...: [url=
deafbybeheading: What about the children patch from the first page? Is that obsolete?
I believe one of the patches I listed previously adds the content/functionality of the children patch into the game(So yes, it's not needed anymore AFAIK.).
The child patch (which you still need to see and interact with the otherwise invisible sprites) is a deadlink:
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=569

Here's where I found it, currently:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1348

Edit:

The High Resolution Patch also returns a deadlink:
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1273

This has changed again since my last link, here's the latest:
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1441
Post edited November 30, 2013 by elus89
I applied the 1.35 mod, but now the game can't find my save files. Where is the mod looking, and where are my saves? I couldn't find them either.
Robarzh: I applied the 1.35 mod, but now the game can't find my save files. Where is the mod looking, and where are my saves? I couldn't find them either.
In your Fallout folder you have a folder called Data and in that you have a folder named SAVEGAME. That's the location for your game saves organized by slot.

Perhaps you replaced your Data folder when patching. Check your Recycle Bin or other recovery options.
Robarzh: I applied the 1.35 mod, but now the game can't find my save files. Where is the mod looking, and where are my saves? I couldn't find them either.
elus89: In your Fallout folder you have a folder called Data and in that you have a folder named SAVEGAME. That's the location for your game saves organized by slot.

Perhaps you replaced your Data folder when patching. Check your Recycle Bin or other recovery options.
I did replace the DATA folder, but I first copied the entire Fallout folder. I just went back, and copied the saves from the original to the updated, and I still get an error. I'm going to try renaming both folders to see if the original game will load the saves. I'll be back...

OK, the save will load in the original game, but not in the modded version. I don't care too much about the mods so I'll just can them if I can't get the modded game to load my saves.

It seems the 1.3? mod won't load my saves. I get an error message. Oh well...
Post edited February 01, 2013 by Robarzh
elus89: In your Fallout folder you have a folder called Data and in that you have a folder named SAVEGAME. That's the location for your game saves organized by slot.

Robarzh: I did replace the DATA folder, but I first copied the entire Fallout folder. I just went back, and copied the saves from the original to the updated, and I still get an error. I'm going to try renaming both folders to see if the original game will load the saves. I'll be back...

OK, the save will load in the original game, but not in the modded version. I don't care too much about the mods so I'll just can them if I can't get the modded game to load my saves.

I just tried moving a save game from the DOS version and had the memory error that crashed my game, as well. However new saves work fine.

Can you try saving and loading a new game? It makes sense that the old save games won't load. After all, the modifications will change how certain instances are handled. The game is worth replaying as it's rather open ended, so don't hesitate too much about starting a new file.
Post edited February 01, 2013 by elus89
Robarzh: I did replace the DATA folder, but I first copied the entire Fallout folder. I just went back, and copied the saves from the original to the updated, and I still get an error. I'm going to try renaming both folders to see if the original game will load the saves. I'll be back...

elus89: I just tried moving a save game from the DOS version and had the memory error that crashed my game, as well. However new saves work fine.

Can you try saving and loading a new game? It makes sense that the old save games won't load. After all, the modifications will change how certain instances are handled. The game is worth replaying as it's rather open ended, so don't hesitate too much about starting a new file.
Yeah, I'm not interested in restarting my current game. I'll just do without the 1.3? mod. I really do appreciate your input, though. Thanks.
deafbybeheading: What about the children patch from the first page? Is that obsolete?
GameRager: I believe one of the patches I listed previously adds the content/functionality of the children patch into the game(So yes, it's not needed anymore AFAIK.).
I've seen no children so far using the patches you recommend. It's possible that I installed the patches incorrectly somehow, though. Could you try those patches on a clean install and confirm that it's obsolete, please?

Thanks for the current links.

Edit: It seems to me the critical files are still exclusive to the Children Patch so it's not obsolete.
Post edited February 06, 2013 by elus89
the teamx patch 1.3.4.,do i have to install it?

the version of the game is 2.0.0.
oigroig: the teamx patch 1.3.4.,do i have to install it?

the version of the game is 2.0.0.
1.3.4 is the name of the unofficial patch, not (official I guess) game version.

2.0.0 is the name of the installer version, neither patch or game version. :P

Anyway, I just tried to download 1.3.4 but it says 1.3.3 in the readme whilst it says 1.3.5 as the latest in page that this thread links too, which is the latest?