It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Installed Fallout the other day - It says it is version 1.2 and does not appear to have any hi res options (contrary to a previous post which suggests the hi res patch is included on the gog version). Would be nice to know the exact state of play of the gog installer before i start installing bug fixing updates etc.
It's normal censored 1.2 version. The only patches left to install are two unofficial TeamX patches (they also restore children).
This might be a little late, and not really used much, but I created a torrent for the 5 main mods on Demonoid for everyone! I know I had a heck of a time getting the single downloads originally!

After starting the torrent, I realized all 5 main mods are 3.17 Megabytes.....Still, trying to help!
Post edited May 12, 2012 by JTD121
JTD121: After starting the torrent, I realized all 5 main mods are 3.17 Megabytes.....Still, trying to help!
Hey, your pack seems to be broken. Do you plan to repair it?

I tried official-unoficcial FIXT patch incorporating all usefull patches but i have hard time applying 4.1 fix to this, install bat says it cannot find files/0 files copied. It is corrupt or not working on 64bit Win7...
Base Aplha 4 patch install with no troubles.
Post edited June 03, 2012 by Agnus78
JTD121: After starting the torrent, I realized all 5 main mods are 3.17 Megabytes.....Still, trying to help!
Agnus78: Hey, your pack seems to be broken. Do you plan to repair it?

I tried official-unoficcial FIXT patch incorporating all usefull patches but i have hard time applying 4.1 fix to this, install bat says it cannot find files/0 files copied. It is corrupt or not working on 64bit Win7...
Base Aplha 4 patch install with no troubles.
Broken how? Those mods are the 'official' downloads. Same ones I used to patch up my copy of Fallout. Please provide details on the 'brokenness' of those mods.

That FIXT patch you mention isn't included, and I am not sure if you are trying to patch using both.
Post edited June 03, 2012 by JTD121

Broken how? Those mods are the 'official' downloads. Same ones I used to patch up my copy of Fallout. Please provide details on the 'brokenness' of those mods.
That FIXT patch you mention isn't included, and I am not sure if you are trying to patch using both.
I'm sorry, i thought all these neccessary patches were included by you in your torrent. Ok, now all is clear :)
Just curious, but the children were the only thing cut out of the EU version of Fallout, correct? So that unofficial patch is all that's needed? I admit I would be a little ticked off if I just now found out I had been playing a version with more (censored content) than that.
Has anyone gotten cheat boy mod working on fallout 1?
Just downloaded FO1 and installed without problems. Looking at patches now but there are so many posts with contradictory advice that I don't know where to start...

Can anyone point me to a list of must haves and useful mods that should run efficiently on Win7 x64? Also, is there a step by step noob guide on how to install the mods anywhere?

NVM - Have got all kinds of problems with installation - going to start from scratch
Post edited June 27, 2012 by pigdog
Thanks for the links Rysa, very easy to install mods and with you providing the correct order in which to install them it got even easier.
Attachments:
3313917.jpg (16 Kb)
The w7ddpatcher.exe of FIXT causes a virus warning (SPR/Tool.Patch.D), but it is not unlikely, that it is a false alarm.

Detection ratio: 9 / 41 @ virustotal.com

I think that this thing is fixing scrambled colors. I'm mo
Just an FYI...

When I downloaded the unoffical teamx v1.3.5 patch from No Mutants Allowed (which directs you to "atomicgamer")... the readme file info stated v1.3.3.

When I downloaded from the teamx website here:
http://teamx.ru/site_arc/patches/fallup13.rar

The readme states v1.3.5... so take that how you want
Post edited July 16, 2012 by teknomedic
Hi I just started playing Fallout for the first time and using the main mods suggested by Rysa without the children Patch, no changes beyond that. But something seems to be wrong with character creation, some of my skill values are wrong. For example, Small Guns says it should be 35+AGI and with 5 AGI character I get the correct 40. But for example science says 25+ 2*Int, so with a 5 int I should have a 35 skill, but by default it is showing 55 instead. The Patches said bugfix but does one of them infact give you a buffed starting character?
Post edited August 02, 2012 by vaporak
tgammet: Ok, after two hours of reading websites and readmes I finally installed The Ultimate Version of Fallout .

The procedure goes as following:

1) Install Fallout 1 from GOG.com
2) Find and install "Fallout_1_TeamX_Patch_ENG_1.2w" (either via nma or just google)
3) Install "f1child_patch" (again, nma)
4) Install "fallup13" - this is the TeamX patch 1.3.4 (nma)
5) Install "f1npcmod" from TeamX (again, nma)
6) Install "sfall1" (from http://timeslip.chorrol.com/sfall.html)
7) Install "Fallout1_High_Resolution_Patch_v1.3" (nma)
8) Open f1_res and set AUTO_SCRN_SIZE = 0, then your desired resolution (I use 800*600, anything above is just too darn small for my taste), then if you want, change the way ingame movies work, either fullscreen or not....up to you.Same with movie subtitles.

Run the game and enjoy it in all of its patched glory, WITH KILLABLE KIDS (not that I ever kill them, but the option is here), with better NPC interaction (armors, levelling..), with tweaks like mousewheel in the inventory etc, in higher resolution...

The Ultimate Fallout Experience awaits.
This is worked great for me once Paul provided an updated link (

http://lodion.net/random/The_Ultimate_Fallout_Installation.rar). I wonder if a couple outdated files play better together than newer versions do? And I have another question: Is there a way to play in windowed-mode to preserve the original 4:3 aspect ratio? FO1 looks fatty stretched on my wide-screen laptop. . .
The system is win7 64, I installed Fallout and the mods in the recomonded order as

1) Install Fallout 1 from GOG.com
2) Install "Fallout_1_TeamX_Patch_ENG_1.2w" (either via nma or just google)
3) Install "f1child_patch" (again, nma)
4) Install "fallup13" - this is the TeamX patch 1.3.4 (nma)
5) Install "f1npcmod" from TeamX (again, nma)
6) Install "sfall1" (from http://timeslip.chorrol.com/sfall.html)
7) Install "Fallout1_High_Resolution_Patch_v1.3" (nma)

It worked ok except that the screen flashes every few seconds. And also when openning the charactor or Map window etc, it goes black except for the small window in the center. Anybody could advise how to fix it? Thanks.