It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mikenike: im getting this error when i try to run the application that comes with TeamX Patch 1.2

"Not enough free hard disk space. Fallout requires at least 20.0 megabytes of free hard disk space."

I have roughly 300 gigs of available hard drive =/
Try this - Open fallout.cfg in Notepad, and find the part in the [system] section that says "free_space=######"

Erase whatever numbers there are and put 0, and then save. See if that helps.
mikenike: im getting this error when i try to run the application that comes with TeamX Patch 1.2

"Not enough free hard disk space. Fallout requires at least 20.0 megabytes of free hard disk space."

I have roughly 300 gigs of available hard drive =/
Sor_Eddie: Try this - Open fallout.cfg in Notepad, and find the part in the [system] section that says "free_space=######"

Erase whatever numbers there are and put 0, and then save. See if that helps.
thanks ill give this a shot on the next walk through, for now i decided to just play fallout 2.
Texts and interface looks really small and stretched on high res mod. Is there any fix about it?
Post edited April 10, 2012 by tirto
Is there supposed to be some widescreen/high-res mod included with the download cause mine doesn't seem to have one?
I installed the semi-official patch, the unofficial patch and then the hi-res patch, but now it says "error initializing video mode (f.ex.) 1920x1080". What went wrong?
Ok, it works when I play in 8bit but 16bit or 32bit always produces the error.
Now in 8bit even 1024x768 makes it so laggy it's practically unplayable.
Post edited April 12, 2012 by taog-
Hmm the download links are broken.
I play it in Win2000 compatibility mode and Timeslip
mondo84: Hmm the download links are broken.
http://atomicgamer.com/directory.php?id=2075
taog-: I installed the semi-official patch, the unofficial patch and then the hi-res patch, but now it says "error initializing video mode (f.ex.) 1920x1080". What went wrong?
Ok, it works when I play in 8bit but 16bit or 32bit always produces the error.
Now in 8bit even 1024x768 makes it so laggy it's practically unplayable.
I have got the same problem over here. Else it is working fine.
And windowed mode in combination with the high res fix seems
to produce some side effects.
LordMumpitz: I have got the same problem over here. Else it is working fine.
For me it helped to rename / delete the ddraw.dll in the Fallout Main folder. Now it rans flawless in any resolution and Bit settings as far as I can tell after playing an hour or so.
Thanks for your answer rabamanna. I finally found out, that with the modded
dlls I just had to turn colour depth 32bit. Before the sfall mod it would just
run on 8 bit, so I didn't consider changing it. ;-)
LordMumpitz: I have got the same problem over here. Else it is working fine.
rabamanna: For me it helped to rename / delete the ddraw.dll in the Fallout Main folder. Now it rans flawless in any resolution and Bit settings as far as I can tell after playing an hour or so.
Thanks! I renamed the ddrawl.dll and now it runs flawlessly in 32bit and on any resolution!
rabamanna: For me it helped to rename / delete the ddraw.dll in the Fallout Main folder. Now it rans flawless in any resolution and Bit settings as far as I can tell after playing an hour or so.
Thank you so much! I wasn't able to get my resolution working in 16 bits colors until I renamed that ddraw.dll file :)
Post edited April 28, 2012 by Spidersonic
amish_robot: Got the free version today it includes the high res patch and some other patches it seems. Running Windows 7 64bit and just installed it and it runs fine no mods needed.
NoH: That sounds pretty nice. What other mods are included then?
Would be really nice if anyone is able to clarify what patches/mods are included in the latest GOG installer
All the links to "dialogue fix by Nimrod" seem to be broken. Does anyone have a working link to that mod?