It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So does anyone else get a pitiful framerate when using the increased resolution patch? I'm only running at 1024x768 yet it's kind of a mess. My hardware is on the higher end so I know it's not that.

edit: And of course I figure it out the instant I ask.

Someone mentioned that triple buffering screws with the 16 bit color mode.. It's also kills my framerate in Fallout. Temporarily disabled D3DOverrider and everything is peachy.

(I still can't get 16 bit color mode to run but unless I'm mistaken, the original game was in 8 bit color so the switch shouldn't do anything noticable).
Post edited June 29, 2011 by epmode
Fallout1 High Resolution Patch v3.0.2
Released: Jun 28, 2011

(Copy/paste from NMA)

Currently Supported versions of the "Falloutw.exe" are:
US 1.1
TeamX Patch 1.2 (Executable included in TeamX's Fallout 1 patch)
Fallout Restoration Mod 1.2 (Executable included in Wasteland Ghost's Fallout 1 mod)
Polish 1.2
Fallout Collection (PC DVD) WHITE LABEL 1.2

Change-log for version 3.02:
Major code overhaul, most of patch re-written and/or optimised.
Fixed Splash screen display.
Added an option to increase the display time of the Splash screen.
Added scaling options for Splash, Help, Death, Ending Slides and Main-menu Screens.
Added option to load 8bit bmp's on Splash screen.
Added option to set 32bit colour output.
Text used in the Screen-Settings screen can now be edited in a msg file.
Hi-res patch art and other files have been integrated into the fallout file system. And are now stored in your master patches folder(eg. data\).
Added map edge clipping option to hide the unused area beyond the map borders.
Added angled clipping to clean up some original maps.
Map edges are now the same no matter the resolution.
Multiple edge sets can now be set up on a single map level.
Map angled borders have been removed. All 10 000 tile and 40 000 hex positions can be utilised.
Numerous other small fixes.

Linky:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1344&sid=d6a507b1a9c0d48def9135000b634709
I'm about to do my first play-through and installed the semi-official patch (Team X 1.2), the unofficial patch (1.3.4), the kid-adding patch, and the NPC mod, along with high-resolution. Did I do myself a disservice by adding these in or am I giving myself the optimal way to experience the game the first time would you say?
Unholyfurball: Fallout1 High Resolution Patch v3.0.2
Released: Jun 28, 2011

(Copy/paste from NMA)

Currently Supported versions of the "Falloutw.exe" are:
US 1.1
TeamX Patch 1.2 (Executable included in TeamX's Fallout 1 patch)
Fallout Restoration Mod 1.2 (Executable included in Wasteland Ghost's Fallout 1 mod)
Polish 1.2
Fallout Collection (PC DVD) WHITE LABEL 1.2

Change-log for version 3.02:
Major code overhaul, most of patch re-written and/or optimised.
Fixed Splash screen display.
Added an option to increase the display time of the Splash screen.
Added scaling options for Splash, Help, Death, Ending Slides and Main-menu Screens.
Added option to load 8bit bmp's on Splash screen.
Added option to set 32bit colour output.
Text used in the Screen-Settings screen can now be edited in a msg file.
Hi-res patch art and other files have been integrated into the fallout file system. And are now stored in your master patches folder(eg. data\).
Added map edge clipping option to hide the unused area beyond the map borders.
Added angled clipping to clean up some original maps.
Map edges are now the same no matter the resolution.
Multiple edge sets can now be set up on a single map level.
Map angled borders have been removed. All 10 000 tile and 40 000 hex positions can be utilised.
Numerous other small fixes.

Linky:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1344&sid=d6a507b1a9c0d48def9135000b634709
wow, this actually worked for me! i was previously using version 2.2b or something like that....everytime i put it to my monitor's native res, it ran like crap....and also 16 bit color didn't work...this new patch actually did the trick...thanks!
davidbitterbaum: I'm about to do my first play-through and installed the semi-official patch (Team X 1.2), the unofficial patch (1.3.4), the kid-adding patch, and the NPC mod, along with high-resolution. Did I do myself a disservice by adding these in or am I giving myself the optimal way to experience the game the first time would you say?
Yeah it's better to patch it so you don't run into any of the game breaking bugs.
Great, good to know I"m experiencing things the "right" way. Thanks!
thelovebat: Fallout FIXT is a great compilation of mods/patches that should be installed in compilation with a few other patches.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840100#840100
I can't get that to work. I install Fallout 1, I then install FIXT, and it wants me to insert the Fallout CD to play.

Which I obviously don't have.
thelovebat: Fallout FIXT is a great compilation of mods/patches that should be installed in compilation with a few other patches.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840100#840100
Luckmann: I can't get that to work. I install Fallout 1, I then install FIXT, and it wants me to insert the Fallout CD to play.

Which I obviously don't have.
Did you read this part?
For 64-bit OS users: FalloutW.bat won't work (it runs a 16-bit exe) so you'll need to run "64-bit OS.bat" to play instead.
You have to use the 64-bit OS.bat file to launch the game with Windows Vista or 7 64 bit machines, you don't try running the game using the GOG shortcut or the normal executable otherwise the FIXT compilation won't work. That's probably the issue.
thelovebat: You have to use the 64-bit OS.bat file to launch the game with Windows Vista or 7 64 bit machines, you don't try running the game using the GOG shortcut or the normal executable otherwise the FIXT compilation won't work. That's probably the issue.
Nope. First thing I did. I've since tried running all the FIXT .bats and .exe. No dice.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.
Post edited August 06, 2011 by Luckmann
thelovebat: You have to use the 64-bit OS.bat file to launch the game with Windows Vista or 7 64 bit machines, you don't try running the game using the GOG shortcut or the normal executable otherwise the FIXT compilation won't work. That's probably the issue.
Luckmann: Nope. First thing I did. I've since tried running all the FIXT .bats and .exe. No dice.

Same here. What a waste of money. I'll just pay the $40+ off Amazon. At least the patches, mods, and addons will work.
Luckmann: Nope. First thing I did. I've since tried running all the FIXT .bats and .exe. No dice.

marines: Same here. What a waste of money. I'll just pay the $40+ off Amazon. At least the patches, mods, and addons will work.
Yep. 6 bucks wasted. That is a big waste of money >.>.
I had issues installing patches for Fallout 1. Any tips (I am starting over) for which patches to do?

I think sfall is what screwed it...I can't find one for F1 and it goes all compatible error mode on me.
I just tried out FIXT. While it seems to run fine so far, I found the installation process to be 'unfriendly'. For example I edited the f1_res.ini file. After the intro movies, the game crashed with some kind of memory error, which I managed to narrow down to some edit which I made to the color settings that did not agree with falloutw.exe. And having used weidu installers to run mods, I found the FIXT options interface (if you will) is not as user friendly.

- up to this point, FIXT is not patched to 4.1 -

And I have no idea how to use the FIXT patch (lack of install instructions). FIXT would be good if it comes with all-in-one package without further manual patching. Not recommended as it is right now.

I uninstalled everything and decided to go with the bare essentials of semi-official patch, unofficial patch, high-res patch, npc mod (in that order). Google them to make sure you get the latest files, some links posted in earlier replies have changed. And this works well for me so far, game starts up fine.
Post edited December 16, 2011 by Mirkat
To install the 4.1 patch you just winrar the patch and copy all the files into your fallout folder. That is unless you made a separate folder for FIXIT then just copy them into that.
After reinstalling the game and the patches/mods I've noticed that my courser lags liek no other. Is there a way to fix this?