Ok, after two hours of reading websites and readmes I finally installed The Ultimate Version of Fallout .
The procedure goes as following:
1) Install Fallout 1 from GOG.com
2) Find and install "Fallout_1_TeamX_Patch_ENG_1.2w" (either via nma or just google)
3) Install "f1child_patch" (again, nma)
4) Install "fallup13" - this is the TeamX patch 1.3.4 (nma)
5) Install "f1npcmod" from TeamX (again, nma)
6) Install "sfall1" (from http://timeslip.chorrol.com/sfall.html
7) Install "Fallout1_High_Resolution_Patch_v1.3" (nma)
8) Open f1_res and set AUTO_SCRN_SIZE = 0, then your desired resolution (I use 800*600, anything above is just too darn small for my taste), then if you want, change the way ingame movies work, either fullscreen or not....up to you.Same with movie subtitles.
Run the game and enjoy it in all of its patched glory, WITH KILLABLE KIDS (not that I ever kill them, but the option is here), with better NPC interaction (armors, levelling..), with tweaks like mousewheel in the inventory etc, in higher resolution...
The Ultimate Fallout Experience awaits.
). I wonder if a couple outdated files play better together than newer versions do? And I have another question: Is there a way to play in windowed-mode to preserve the original 4:3 aspect ratio? FO1 looks fatty stretched on my wide-screen laptop. . .