It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Oh, that sort of rock. Yeah, it is there, thanks!
(I was looking over those piles of rocks that are there just to look pretty and have sometimes funny descriptions, not the pickable/throwable sort - didn't even notice that one)
murkki: Is there a mod that restores original chem reliant and chem resistant icons?
piranha1: Fallout 2 Restoration Project does it, just checked.

Although I have another possible problem: Restoration Project's readme says, that to verify, if it installed correctly, I should check both the lower righr corner on the main menu screen (the mod version is there - for Restoration Project and something called SFall if I recall, in fact) and click some rock behind Klint, just outside the temple at the start of the game (there, it is not - I clicked all rocks around Klint to be sure, nothing, just the usual descriptions).

I have newest possible version of Fallout 2 installed (just did it today via Galaxy), should I leave it the way it is with RP and this Sfall (what is it, anyway?) or do something, and if so, what? (I was using the automatic installer for Windows, not the manual installation, btw)
Thanks! I will try it out.
So all that is needed now is The Restoration Project and The Mega Mod,Right ?
Since most of the others don't seem to be available anymore.
Post edited November 28, 2016 by Maxrebo2
Maxrebo2: So all that is needed now is The Restoration Project and The Mega Mod,Right ?
Sfall is in Sourceforge, just google it. Even though all our builds come with it nowadays it is a very outdated version, I still encourage grabbing the latest because it is still being updated today. You don't need the Hi-Res anymore however. Also, I'd gab the unofficial patch instead for a first time playing. Killap has his own site with both.

Everything else should be in No Mutants Allowed. The OP is pretty old, links have probably been changed around URL-wise.
Post edited December 11, 2016 by Projectsonic
Helpful topic.
Maxrebo2: So all that is needed now is The Restoration Project and The Mega Mod,Right ?
I think these two are not compatible with each other - so you'll have to choose one or the other. The RP restores lost content (I think some is also added fresh, but it's all "in the spirit" of the original design). The Mega Mod I believe changes things more.

I can't speak to Mega Mod, but the RP is awesome and keeps things faithful to the vanilla as much as possible, while also fixing all the bugs that the unofficial patch fixes (the unofficial patch is included as part of the RP).
Yeah I went with just the RP and I am gonna update Sfall.It still a while off before I start but this would be my second play through,since I did one before a few years back when I went through 1,2,3,and NV.Playing 1 and 2 makes NV even more enjoyable when you understand all the references.
hi everyone i just downloaded kilips restoration mod and it worked fine until i tried to save. Everytime i attempt to save it says "error cannot save" can anyone help?. im using windows 10
Post edited May 03, 2017 by myronmarchman
Some other mods worth considering:
EcCo
FO2tweaks
So which of these mods are included already in the new versions (the ones after Bethesda got the license back)?
FALLOUT OF NEVADA - MOD - Russian (original), English (translation - ongoing)

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere on here, so thought it worth putting out there.

While the English translation is technically not 100% complete, I've heard the game is playable from start to finish.

So far I've only seen the first 4-5 towns, and the text quality varies - it's generally pretty good, but occasionally looks like a Google Translate job (although so far it's always been understandable at the very least).

English notwithstanding, the writing quality in this is really, really good - probably one of the best mods to a game I've played. Multiple solutions to many problems - so far I've played a few hours and solved many quests, using a number of different skills, and the only time combat was used in a quest (so far) wasn't quite "traditional" combat either. Quests appear to have many outcomes, with many affecting future quests (and the game world).

Game length is said to be between Fallout 1 and 2 in terms of content. You could probably tell someone it's a secret unreleased Black Isle game and they might believe you.

Installing is currently slightly annoying because you need to grab the Russian version first, then update it with the English translation.

Russian version is here (should be easy enough to grab even if you can't read the page): http://fallout-nevada.ucoz.ru/index/fontec/0-5. You'll need:
- the actual FN installer (should be 566MB)
- HRPatch (to get Fallout Nevada 1.02 HD)
- Maybe FON patch 02 (I grabbed it and applied it anyway)

You'll also need the English translation, latest is here as far as I know: https://yadi.sk/d/xwnnO1nJ3QnvSR
- Only apply the "standard" one, not the one for CE.
- Unless you want to play the "crazy edition" - in which case you can probably install and translate the whole thing from that zip (and I think you won't need the other three files above in that case).

Updates to the translation will likely be here: http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-of-nevada-%D0%A4%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%BB%D0%B0%D1%83%D1%82-%D0%9D%D0%B5%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%B4%D0%B0.207311/
So, is Killap's Fallout 2 Restoration Project good/safe/reliable mod? What it is supposed to contain seems very good.
dragonbeast: So, is Killap's Fallout 2 Restoration Project good/safe/reliable mod? What it is supposed to contain seems very good.
Yes, it is. For me it's essential for a good play, unless you played it long time ago and you feel nostalgic or if you want to see how incomplete and butchered Fallout 2 was, when it was rushed to release. Most of the RP mod content is still in original game files, but not implemented. Added content is very high quality - virtually indistinguishable from original parts.

I also recommend to update sfall engine tweak, that's included in GOG installment, to the latest version.
Kerebron: Yes, it is. For me it's essential for a good play, unless you played it long time ago and you feel nostalgic or if you want to see how incomplete and butchered Fallout 2 was, when it was rushed to release. Most of the RP mod content is still in original game files, but not implemented. Added content is very high quality - virtually indistinguishable from original parts.

I also recommend to update sfall engine tweak, that's included in GOG installment, to the latest version.
What would you say is the best place to get it? Just Killap's site?
Post edited June 08, 2018 by dragonbeast
dragonbeast: Waht would you say is the best place to get it? Just Killap's site?
Yep, that's where I got mine. http://www.killap.net/