It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've installed the mods in the first post but now I don't hear any music in game. Is there a setting I am missing?

very late edit:
I found the problem. I don't know why it happened, but in fallout2.cfg the two paths to the music folder were set to some gibberish (fallout2\ĉ5\ĉ; for example). The unofficial patch actually created these directories, but they were empty. I set the path back to sound/music.
Post edited May 31, 2011 by charles82
Couple of total conversion mods I'm really looking forward to. Had some problems with mods for JA2 off GOG. Will the GOG version of FO2 take total conversions?
Any other links for the Hi Res Patch, that one appear to be broken.

Thanks for any help :)
OK here are links that work currently :

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42386
MasodikTiasma: EDIT: SOLUTION FOUND! See below.

Hi, I seem to encounter the same issue as Poltergeist.

I'm playing on the MSI Netbook U135:
CPU Intel Atom N450
Graphics chipset Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150
1GB ram
Win 7 Starter Edition

Fallout 2 used to run fine, even with the high resolution patch.
I did a clean reinstall before applying restoration project 2.1.2b (the latest), and I experience the same "Fallout appears to be running in compatibility mode" error.
I tried the checking/unchecking all compatibility options method, but as for Poltergeist, the "run in 256 colors option" is uncheckable.

I tried setting F2 in WIN 95 compatiility mode, and got an error message "This program requires Windows 95 with DirectX 3.0a or later or Windows NT version 4.0 with Service Pack 3 or greater."
I even set my desktop to native 640*480, 16-bit colors, to no effect.

Any advice on this issue would be much, much appreciated.

SOLUTION FOUND!! AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FALLOUT.EXE DIALOG BOX, CLICK ON "MODIFY SETTINGS FOR ALL USERS" ("modifer les paramètres pour tous les utilisateurs", in my french Windows, I don't know exactly how it will look like on an english system). THERE A NEW DIALOG BOX APPEARS WHERE YOU CAN UNCHECK "RUN IN 256 COLORS". After that, the game runs no problem. Hurrah!
YES! I LOVE YOU! Everything seems to work absolutely fine.
Just a heads-up for new players: The Restoration project mod includes the unofficial patch AND the high-resolution patch, so you don't need to install them separately.
Bennosuke: YES! I LOVE YOU! Everything seems to work absolutely fine.
You're welcome! Glad to see this old post is still of assistance.
oasis789: Just a heads-up for new players: The Restoration project mod includes the unofficial patch AND the high-resolution patch, so you don't need to install them separately.
So, sorry if this is stupid or has been answered, but let me make sure I'm right assuming this much:
- Restoration (option 2 in the update of the first post) includes items 1 and 3 of the four;
- Restoration is compatible with Sfall 2.13.

Thanks, and let me just say it looks like I've come across a good site/community here. I look forward to being able to play F2 finally.
Post edited July 08, 2011 by thiswouldbeme
thiswouldbeme: - Restoration (option 2 in the update of the first post) includes items 1 and 3 of the four;
It includes 1, 3 and 4. If you're installing the RP, don't install anything else along with it without knowing what you're doing. It already includes everything you need.

thiswouldbeme: - Restoration is compatible with Sfall 2.13.
It's not just compatible with it, it requires it. You'll crash on startup if you try using the RP without sfall. (2.13 is actually a bit old now, but there's no vital reason to update it. Just stick with whatever version comes with the RP.)
Post edited July 09, 2011 by timeslip
Ok. I will say that just the RP from the first post was working the way it should according to the documentation when I tried it out before, but Sfall will be next. Thanks.

Edit: scrap that - it works because I have what I need after all, by the looks. I need to pay more attention.
Post edited July 09, 2011 by thiswouldbeme
No mutants allowed doesn't work for me anymore...

btw

You can find the unofficial patch and teh restoration project on killaps homepage:
http://www.killap.net/
Post edited July 12, 2011 by sajber
Okay, so "Optional 2" of the Fallout Restoration Project includes 1,3, and 4 of these 4 listed items below here which I will show then I have a question:

1. Killap's Unofficial Fallout 2 Patch - "This patch has been in production for several years now and it fixes well over 800+ bugs left in the game since the official 1.02 patch."

Optional: 2. Fallout 2 Restoration Project - "The purpose of this mod is to add back into the game all the content that was originally planned by the Fallout 2 devs."

3. Fallout 2 High Resolution Patch - Adds higher resolution support.

4. Sfall 2.13 - "A set of engine modifications for the classic game Fallout 2 by Interplay. Includes fixes for bugs in the original engine, allows fallout to run correctly on modern operating systems, and adds additional features for modders."

Now my question, if I've never played Fallout 2 should I just download 1, 3, and 4 for a "true" experience of the vanilla game, or is it cool to just download option 2 of the restoration project and play Fallout 2 with all the bonus stuff? How should I do it?
Hi and Thanks for the great sticky!

The Fallout-2 High Res Patch link refers to a missing page (as of today, 07/25/11). I found the new link here: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1345
Got a problem with Restoration project v2 (latest) with my GOG Fallout 2 : I got the error message "Fallout seems to run in compatibility mode" even when it is NOT !
I've reinstalled the game and tried just Killap patch, same issue.
Seems the SFall stuff isn't compatible with my system,..
I'm on 32b Win7. Installed the game then the mod (or patch), nothing else.
Does someone else have this issue ?

EDIT : SOLVED: There's a thread below with the solution : the exe has by default a "execute in 256 colors" unremovable (greyed out) property that gives the error - it can however be changed in advanced settings ! Weird thing though...
Post edited August 14, 2011 by PDF
I find on a netbook, its best not to have hi res on some games, as it makes the writing just too small.
Post edited October 11, 2011 by theVenerable