Staring at my gamepad right now, says no gamepad found.
I know this is an old thread but maybe this will help someone eventually. I have a set of generic SNES gamepads I ordered off of Amazon, specifically these ones
. They work great but Evoland wouldn't detect them. After doing a bit of research I stumbled across an answer that ended up working well for me. Maybe it will for you as well, random internet person.
1. Open the folder containing Evoland.
2. Locate the file Evoland.exe, right click on it and open Properties.
3. Click on the Compatibility tab. Under that tab turn on the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" setting and set the option to Windows 7.
4. Below that option, click on the option to "Run this program as an administrator."
5. Repeat steps 2-4 for the file pad.exe.
This worked for me. Might work for you. It should work regardless if you use GOG Galaxy or run it on its own since you're changing the settings for the source files.