It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The game installed without error but it fails to run.

a@gaming:~/GOG Games/Eschalon Book I$ ./start.sh
Running Eschalon: Book I
./aoss: line 12: /home/a/GOG Games/Eschalon Book I/game/Eschalon Book I: No such file or directory

I already checked, that the dependencies are installed (they are by default).
And i changed reference to she into one for bash in the shebang line of game/aoss to remove the line "./aoss: 7: ./aoss: Bad substitution" from the output.

P.S.: Sorry for spamposting. The new topic window looked like failing to submit the posts but obviously, they all made it to the forum...
Post edited December 13, 2018 by AllanWegan
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
I managed to get it working with help from basiliskgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12877

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt update
sudo apt install libx11-6:i386 libasound2:i386 libasound2-data:i386 libasound2-plugins:i386 libc6:i386 libcurl4:i386 libglu1:i386 libgtk2.0-0:i386 libopenal1:i386 libstdc++5 libncurses5:i386 lib32z1 libpulse0:i386 libpulsedsp:i386

After that, the game just works.
This did the trick for me.

Thanks a lot!