Hello, I've supported the game last year and I must tell, You did really great job guys, idea is awesome. I was playing only few first missions but many ties, testing many different posiibilities. In the fact i was hoping for more managment and building things, but lore and hero focused gameplay got me in the end more than that.
Anyway I wait for premiere, to see everything polished. As far i know few thing, that there are few thing that can make this adventure even more interresting (especialy for me :D):
1. I am missing one fantasy race there - old school, fancy-green goblin. If we have dwarfs, those point nosese fellas can fit as well. Can they? Anyway more races for heroes are sure better. You can feel that this world is truly living inside of Your tavern. You can see orc not bashing humans heads, and You wonder, how wonderfull this can be?
2. Pets/Mounts system + stables as upgradable room. New way to earn gold + stables could have some costs. Maybe some special tab in menu for different kind of animal food. Some cat, dog, fairy or lil imp could also give the tavern more life. They could add some skills for they masters, if You'll get enough friendly with such heroes from Your crew. This is also possibilty for new quests and maybe new class, skills and places.
3. Tavern Guardian. This one is the gamechanger. Hired arm or even a giant, dragon or other mighty creature as legendary guardian. This concept focuses on Tavern attacks. You could add everynight chance for Tavern to be attacked by bandits, rivals, enemies or even Your guest jelous if You'll not gonna meet them, talk or recruit. Chance for defence will rise depnding on hired guardian and heroes in Your Tavern. Those on adventures will not help defending. Also many ideas for quests, new rooms etc. If You'll lost, Tavern will lose some of gold/resources.
4. I didnt checked long time, but do items change look of heroes? If not, they should. That would change feeling of Your heroes power.
5. Karma system. Good and Evil, White and Black, Jing and Jang. Give us choices of path for our heroes, what could change look of the tavern, Your heroes, guardian (visible mostly on world map), pets, etc. Let us feel weight of our choices.
6. Waitress, Chef choosing and hiring. Let us manage staff of the Tavern. They could also be visible in the Tavern, move around, or just do something. Also this bard thing mentioned in previous posts looks good to me. Tavern must be truly living place.
7. If guardians system will be good thing, some wandering troops, wild monster could move around on world map and spontaneusly attack adventurers, Tavern or places (activating rescue quest then).
Ok, that all I can get for now.
Best regards :)
Hi there @DungeonKeeper44! Thank you so much for the kind message, we really appreciate you taking the time! I've passed this on to the team, and we're very happy to hear you're enjoying Epic Tavern.
We love all of your suggestions, and your idea of a Tavern Guardian is unique and interesting. I love it!
where we discuss feature ideas exactly like this, and would love to have you join us. We hold regularly scheduled development chats between our community and designers.
Thank you again! Take care, hope to see you over on discord. :)