It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Coopman1234: OK thank you and good job on making this awesome patch!
I'm glad that you like it :)
marauder2k9: unofficial patch is good at what it does but it sucks ass because everytime you open it up it opens their website and everytime you exit the game it takes you to a donation site, made me uninstall it. The game works well for me on windows 10 without the fixes anyway just opened up the extra resolutions, but those res are easily modded into it anyway if you ever decide to add them.
such petty and ignorant posts do not belong here

I can't even start to describe how much this patch enhanced my gameplay experience. From correcting a boatload of bugs and glitches, making the fullcreen mode work flawlessly (haven't touched none of the "maximization helper" application, everything worked out-of-the-box or rather zip archive) to make the whole thing running smoother, to adding a whole lot of amazing features (I mean look at that extended zoom out, it changes the face of the game!) this just has it all, it deserves so much credit it should be included in the game release itself (but I know it's complicated). Excellent work!
Post edited May 07, 2021 by Lord_Vivec_ita
Adware is adware. Not matter any "vasyan" (russian slang term) improvements, especially "compatibility fixes". That completely un-normal, not matter how DrMonaLisa try to justify them.

It been optional-useful (maybe) back then when they do not do this, and now it just a spam.
Post edited August 17, 2021 by QWEEDDYZ
QWEEDDYZ: Adware is adware. Not matter any "vasyan" (russian slang term) improvements, especially "compatibility fixes". That completely un-normal, not matter how DrMonaLisa try to justify them.

It been optional-useful (maybe) back then when they do not do this, and now it just a spam.
Did you just call a donation message (that pop-ups AFTER the game, one time per 24 hours, only if spent 5 minutes or longer in game) an adware?

It's either a total ignorance (because donation messages are pretty common in many programs), or you experienced some real ads that are for sure unrelated with the Unofficial Patch.
QWEEDDYZ: Adware is adware. Not matter any "vasyan" (russian slang term) improvements, especially "compatibility fixes". That completely un-normal, not matter how DrMonaLisa try to justify them.

i only pray you are trolling i have been playing this game for years and i would never want to play it now without upd 1.5
i like that it tells you how long you where in a game it helps me manage my time.
i fail to see how updates and fixed come under the definition of adware in your eyes
"software that automatically displays or downloads advertising material such as banners or pop-ups when a user is online." and even then the program on run when the game is running.
and a simple solution rather than moaning online at people is dont use it. if you think you could do a better job than please do dont downplay the effort and work gone into upd 1.5

software that automatically displays or downloads advertising material such as banners or pop-ups
THIS.

You both better than me describe that this fix is optional and - for now - advert. Donations banners as advertisements. And it should be as banners somewhere at corner. Not a f*g pop-up.

i only pray you are trolling
Unfortunately, i dont have such praying for you two. Not for now, if you keep saying things like that. I've seen this too many times.

I dont think this dump question is trolling:

Did you just call a donation message (that pop-ups AFTER the game, one time per 24 hours, only if spent 5 minutes or longer in game) an adware?
After! After the game! You know what? AFTER the game! That a completely differ than usual adware or malicious pop-ups! Bruh.
Actually that just lamo. As i say, we russians have slang term for that "fixes\un-official patches\etc" - "vasyan" mod. That pop-ups - just another "vasyanstvo"-ing, not a some bad intention. Just lamo.

There is no compatibility problems for EE. And every cases it should be not launcher, but stand-alone fixes. Launcher? Well. As optional thing. Pop-ups? Never, in any cases.

Look at Far Cry 1. It have AI Tent bug as stand alone fix! Very rare thing that we can download it separetly instead of some "SilentPatch" packages with huge amount of non-needed fixes and new bugs.

But here i post a comment for pointing to pop-ups. That ABSOLUTELY un-normal. Even if consider whole unofficial patch as normal thing.Optional for someone or must-have - not matter for now - it SHOULDNT have pop-ups. And when someone point to that you SHOULDNT answer to him how DrMonaLisa answer back then.
-----------------
Oh yeah. And one new thing. Killing EXPLORER - another same "vasyan"-lamo solution. Yes, GOG too do that previously. But common, GOGs not far away of lamers sometimes, you know that very well.
------------
For you two - you just too much fanatic (about that launchers fixes). No offense. Sometime it can lead to THIS - another example when im cant stay away:
http://www.gog.com/forum/diablo/diablo_installer_is_not_launching
"Hey, i cant install the game!"
and answer "just install the game and use fan remake".
Sometimes such fanatism lead to blindness.
Post edited August 22, 2021 by QWEEDDYZ
QWEEDDYZ, once again you've proven a total ignorance and the lack of knowledge on the software you're commenting to.

Unofficial Patch 1.5 provides free multiplayer services and relay-servers (so even players with Symetrics NAT are able to connect each other) around the World. All details are available here: https://ee2.eu/status/#multiplayerload

Recently, all low quality ambient sounds (32kbs wav) have been replaced in game, using legally purchased sound files. It costed over 100 USD.

QWEEDDYZ: You both better than me describe that this fix is optional and - for now - advert. Donations banners as advertisements. And it should be as banners somewhere at corner. Not a f*g pop-up.

After! After the game! You know what? AFTER the game! That a completely differ than usual adware or malicious pop-ups! Bruh.
Cool. So you prefer a software that displays ads in the corner, instead of a pop-up that appears maximum 1 time per 24 hours after player quit the game.
And you know what? The donation message was disabled for quite a long time (8 months or something). The number of donations was drastically reduced to the point where covering server costs was a problem. Not to mention it disallowed from purchasing licenses for new things. You have rights to share your opinion about something, but you have no rights to offend people and accuse them of providing a malicious software.

QWEEDDYZ: You both better than me describe that this fix is optional and - for now - advert. Donations banners as advertisements. And it should be as banners somewhere at corner. Not a f*g pop-up.

QWEEDDYZ: Oh yeah. And one new thing. Killing EXPLORER - another same "vasyan"-lamo solution. Yes, GOG too do that previously. But common, GOGs not far away of lamers sometimes, you know that very well.
And again you're making things up. Unofficial Patch 1.5 has solved the maximization problems programmatically, as mentioned in the Changes Log: https://ee2.eu/patch/#features
"Support for Windows 8, 8.1, 10. All maximization problems are fixed, without dirty solutions like killing explorer.exe. There are many other compatibility fixes applied directly to the game process."

QWEEDDYZ: There is no compatibility problems for EE. And every cases it should be not launcher, but stand-alone fixes. Launcher? Well. As optional thing. Pop-ups? Never, in any cases.
Even though I'm annoyed by your ignorance, I'll show some respect that you seem not to have, and explain things.

The Launcher is an absolute core feature of UP1.5. It fixes dozens of game problems by tweaking the config files, and generating game executables depending on selected options in the user-friendly configuration utility window: https://i.imgur.com/yNylJmp.png It provides fixes which no software is able to apply without the source code of the game.

Unofficial Patch 1.5 is frequently updated, and usually at least 1 minor update is released per month. All changes are documented and visible here: https://ee2.eu/patch/changes/

The patch contains over 150 game crash fixes, applied to the game process by the assembly, which is extremally difficult and time consuming process. The "short" videos showing how this process looks like, are available here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpgnKHlsVOc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKbF4nNWJ7U

The patch not only allows the game to run on modern windows versions, but actually improves existing features and adds new options to the game. The list of changes is extremely long, but there are features worth to mention:

- Fixed over 150 unhandled exception game crashes, bugs and glitches.
- Added support for all screen resolution (including a "custom screen resolution generator" available in the Launcher). Before, users could only use 4:3 resolutions that don't give much pleasure from playing.
- Created Automatic Fonts Size feature that makes game fonts look good even on 4k (and greater) screen resolutions.
- Added support for G-Sync / FreeSync and removed the 100FPS limit.
- Added optional new camera zoom settings with fixes for the audio fading out too early.
- Support for Windows 8 / 10 without "dirty solutions" as mentioned earlier.
- DirectX 9 support (EE2 uses DirectX 8 originally) which improves performance and fixes many game problems, especially on Nvidia Optimus laptops.
- Anti-Aliasing & Disable V-Sync options.
- Free multiplayer services, with relay-servers which give 100% of chance to connect with players. Programs like GameRanger don't provide traffic-relay and players with problematic connections would never be able to enjoy these features. Except that, a totally new Rating System has been created, so players can enjoy playing multiplayer even more: https://ee2.eu/multiplayer/rating/
- New options are available in game, for example "Disable Crowns System and Leaders", "Cycle Time of Day", "Custom Map Size", "Random Seed". Additionally more variations for "Initial Cease Fire", "Max. Population", "City Population", "Starting Forces Citizens", possibility to start without the first Scout. Removed the max. 999 population per player limit, increased max. stored resources to 999 999.
- New game memory tweaks are available: "Reduce visual weather effects for Blizzard, Sandstorm", "Don't center camera for 'Cycle Select' hotkeys", "Disable audio taunts in multiplayer chats".
- Many new hotkeys, for example Full Screen Mode (hides User Interface), Free Camera Mode, Built-in Music Player control, Constrain Cursor, Select Crown Power, and more.
- Middle Mouse Button Actions, which allow you to rotate/move camera, rotate buildings. Details: https://ee2.eu/blog/014-unofficial-patch-157.php
- Support for Tobii Eye Tracker devices. Details: https://ee2.eu/blog/018-tobii-eye-tracker-in-empire-earth-2.php
- Updated ambient & weather sounds for all climates with ultra-high quality land, forest, rain, snow, wind, dust storm sounds, ensuring that they sound as similar to the original ones as possible.

Additionally, the "modding" part, which can be easily disabled: https://ee2.eu/help/#disablefeatures
- Many new units & buildings, for example a Super ICBM Silo (with nuclear missiles much stronger than the normal ones), TBM Launchers, new Anti-Missile System (Radar, Static/Mobile/Naval Anti-Missile launchers), Windmill (and other economic structures), Bunker, Sniper, Ambulance, Firetruck, Police Car, Titanic and much more! For all new units, please make sure to check the full changes list.

All features are listed here: https://ee2.eu/patch/#fullchanges
More detailed changes are listed in the Minor Updates log, here: https://ee2.eu/patch/changes/

QWEEDDYZ, you have absolutely no rights to discredit my work and claim that all these things can be added by users themselves. It took me several years of active work to have the Unofficial Patch in as good shape as it is now.

With all these information available, thousands of active and happy users ( https://ee2.eu/statistics/ ) you dare to call my software malicious? Let the other people decide if UP1.5 is needed for them or not. I have absolutely no pleasure when ignorant users like you use my work, so I really hope you uninstalled this software and that you're enjoying the game in the pure vanilla version.
Post edited August 22, 2021 by DrMonaLisa

software that automatically displays or downloads advertising material such as banners or pop-ups
QWEEDDYZ: THIS.

You both better than me describe that this fix is optional and - for now - advert. Donations banners as advertisements. And it should be as banners somewhere at corner. Not a f*g pop-up.

i only pray you are trolling
QWEEDDYZ: Unfortunately, i dont have such praying for you two. Not for now, if you keep saying things like that. I've seen this too many times.

I dont think this dump question is trolling:

QWEEDDYZ: After! After the game! You know what? AFTER the game! That a completely differ than usual adware or malicious pop-ups! Bruh.
Actually that just lamo. As i say, we russians have slang term for that "fixes\un-official patches\etc" - "vasyan" mod. That pop-ups - just another "vasyanstvo"-ing, not a some bad intention. Just lamo.

There is no compatibility problems for EE. And every cases it should be not launcher, but stand-alone fixes. Launcher? Well. As optional thing. Pop-ups? Never, in any cases.

Look at Far Cry 1. It have AI Tent bug as stand alone fix! Very rare thing that we can download it separetly instead of some "SilentPatch" packages with huge amount of non-needed fixes and new bugs.

But here i post a comment for pointing to pop-ups. That ABSOLUTELY un-normal. Even if consider whole unofficial patch as normal thing.Optional for someone or must-have - not matter for now - it SHOULDNT have pop-ups. And when someone point to that you SHOULDNT answer to him how DrMonaLisa answer back then.
-----------------
Oh yeah. And one new thing. Killing EXPLORER - another same "vasyan"-lamo solution. Yes, GOG too do that previously. But common, GOGs not far away of lamers sometimes, you know that very well.
------------
For you two - you just too much fanatic (about that launchers fixes). No offense. Sometime it can lead to THIS - another example when im cant stay away:
http://www.gog.com/forum/diablo/diablo_installer_is_not_launching
"Hey, i cant install the game!"
and answer "just install the game and use fan remake".
Sometimes such fanatism lead to blindness.
everything you said is just plain wrong , if its so easy why dont you do it yourself then? , if you hate it that much dont use it and stop spreading bullshit
I dont hate it at all/ I hate you all for posting B*shit. Sorry. no personal.
I have more understanding than you all. Sorry again, no offense.

Multiplayer is available for everyone with two another solutions - GameRanger and WON2\aka NeuWON (not Steamless WON2).

NAT... To more clearly describe it. It like internet on your mobile phone. Usually your mobile device not present in global net. It just tweets\video\web pages etc loaded to your device. There is NO way to HOST game if you do not have personal IP addresses (aka NAT aka gray IP)(like usually on mobile internet). Also you cant connect to each other if EVERYONE is on NAT - but that can be fixed with someone ONE with real IP (dynamic as well) and host with real IP - and in that case it can be some service (like this fix-pack). But you do not need that service to just play. And to HOST you still need real IP. So this is absolutely useless feature, if this is really one of the features.

Im not so dump and newbie like you think. And again, i dont care about fixes (real or nor, needed or optional). My problem - how DrMonaLisa answer to message about adverts pop-ups. Do not be too much fanatic, please. No offense.

This launcher is adware, because of wrong (maybe even lamo) realization of donation banner. Everything else - is OK if it OK for personally you or him or else ones.
Especially if it count how much play. It mean it working more than needed. That a bad programming and broke DRM-free things (not needed library\service\app that probably can affect how game work).
QWEEDDYZ: I dont hate it at all/ I hate you all for posting B*shit. Sorry. no personal.

Multiplayer is available for everyone with two another solutions - GameRanger and WON2\aka NeuWON (not Steamless WON2).

NAT... To more clearly describe it. It like internet on your mobile phone. Usually your mobile device not present in global net. It just tweets\video\web pages etc loaded to your device. There is NO way to HOST game if you do not have personal IP addresses (aka NAT aka gray IP)(like usually on mobile internet). Also you cant connect to each other if EVERYONE is on NAT - but that can be fixed with someone ONE with real IP (dynamic as well) and host with real IP - and in that case it can be some service (like this fix-pack). But you do not need that service to just play. And to HOST you still need real IP. So this is absolutely useless feature, if this is really one of the features.

Im not so dump and newbie like you think. And again, i dont care about fixes (real or nor, needed or optional). My problem - how DrMonaLisa answer to message about adverts pop-ups. Do not be too much fanatic, please. No offense.

This launcher is adware, because of wrong (maybe even lamo) realization of donation banner. Everything else - is OK if it OK for personally you or him or else ones.
Especially if it count how much play. It mean it working more than needed. That a bad programming and broke DRM-free things (not needed library\service\app that probably can affect how game work).
dude you had 1 pop 1 ffs , you have 0 clue what your talking about.
your suggesting has alternative to the patch witch is simple unified solution fucking gameranger witch has way more ads and shit privacy policy ( BY YOUR DEFINITION IS ADWARE OH BOY THE IRONY THERE ) or won2 witch is a pain in the ass .

dont like it dont use stop spreading lies and go bother someone else
Post edited August 22, 2021 by Scorpio_pt
it you who spread the lies here and why i post here. Making such post - rude acting. Or trolling. Not me - yes, exactly you.

GameRanger have BANNERS somewhere on corners of UI. Not a f*g pop-up. Common! Ypu keep arguing with my that point - you looks more and more stupid. No offense - but better admit that sooner. Its your fault, not mine, if you looks like that. I try be maximally polite here.

I point to that it not about "like or dislike". If i just dislike - i be silent. I mean: i really dislike whole that thing. But i point DrMonaLisa to his nonsense answer that this content if show pop-ups
"only after 5 minutes, only once, only after, only as pop-ups"
bla-bla-blah.
That ALL is exactly wrong way. It wrong initially to show ANY pop-ups. And MORE WRONG to calculate how many minutes players play the game.
Thats the lamo way. Nothing personal. Common, admit that!
QWEEDDYZ: I dont hate it at all/ I hate you all for posting B*shit. Sorry. no personal.

I love how you're mentioning GameRanger, a software that forces users to install Flash Player just to display ads, but you're having a problem with a non-invading donation prompt that is very limited.

The example you gave about the public IP that would allow hosting... I don't want to sound offensive, but you're giving no choice. How about two players who use the ISP that blocks ports? How are they supposed to connect each other? On GameRanger they're represented by the "router" icon near nicknames, and nicknames in italics. There is no way these players would be able to connect each other. Although these situations are rare, they still happen. With the Lobby available in UP1.5 any player is able to host a game, and there is 100% of chance that the connection will be established. Yet again you're claiming that I have developed and I'm paying for servers that are "useless".

Another thing: "WON2\aka NeuWON". How about you educate yourself on what the game uses before you attempt to provide misleading information? EE2 has never used WON. The Multiplayer Lobby re-creation was possible thanks to the GameSpy tools and thanks to me that I used Wireshark to record the data, before services were shut down. Recreation of the rating system and 80% of the other game-specific features was only possible thanks to my wireshark records: https://i.imgur.com/NqhSBi8.png

The other nonsense in your post is recommending a third-party service without the community base. Even if running a different Lobby emulator (without all game-based and rating features) was possible, there would be no players to play with, making your argument a total nonsense. EE2.eu has an active multiplayer community: https://ee2.eu/multiplayer/#yearstatistics

QWEEDDYZ: Especially if it count how much play. It mean it working more than needed
And another proof that you have no idea what you're commenting to. You read something but you absolutely have no idea how the things work. You have some phobia towards fans-made patches and you don't verify if they're good or bad, needed or not needed.

The donation message doesn't show the time spent in game.

The time spent in game is a different "windows toast notification" which can be disabled by the custom configuration command:
DisableToastNotificationsGameTime=1

The time spent is game is used for example for our statistics website: https://ee2.eu/statistics/#launchstats

Besides that Unofficial Patch 1.5 has got a Support Chat where players can easily get help with any problems: https://i.imgur.com/mQfXn7m.png

Everything in Unofficial Patch 1.5 is user friendly.

You have no rights to teach me what's needed and what is not needed in my software. Unofficial Patch 1.5 is my vision of the game improvements. I'm getting dozens of positive feedbacks, and thankful messages every month. You've posted in my topic, with an optional software that no player is forced to install. Unofficial Patch 1.5 is recommended by Gog at some Support pages, but I am not cooperating with Gog, and everything is optional. Nobody is forced to use it.

QWEEDDYZ: My problem - how DrMonaLisa answer to message about adverts pop-ups. Do not be too much fanatic, please. No offense.
And what answer do you expect? You've accused me of releasing a "malicious" software and "adware". You wrote bullshit about alternatives that are not even suitable for this game. If you're so interested in helping EE2 players, how about you share your own unofficial patch, where things are solved without the Launcher and the things you called as "useless"? What are you waiting for? Share your own work with players and make the World better.

Unofficial Patch 1.5 has no "adware" behaviour. The donation message is designed in order to help cover active costs and license costs for the further improvements. Adware programs are showing third-party ads that the developers are getting paid for. EE2.eu does not cooperate with any third-party company (except Google Adsense) for website ads.

I'm sorry that I have to tell it, but you're a very toxic person to discuss with. You give examples that are false and not suitable for this game. You have no minimal knowledge of what this game uses nor about the community life. You're trying to demotivate people that are working hard to make the game better, and who share their work for free with everyone. The fact that other people ignored your bullshit in the other "patches" topics on gog forums doesn't mean that I'll be OK with you throwing shit in my project.
QWEEDDYZ: GameRanger have BANNERS somewhere on corners of UI. Not a f*g pop-up. Common! Ypu keep arguing with my that point - you looks more and more stupid. No offense - but better admit that sooner. Its your fault, not mine, if you looks like that. I try be maximally polite here.
You're a hypocrite of the highest order.

Great GameRanger "corner ads": https://i.imgur.com/MNSjV6o.jpg

GameRanger plays video ads with sounds when you join or host a game room. They're huge, loud, distracting and invasive.

But the pop-up that appears once per 24 hours, only if played for 5 minutes or longer is an "adware" for you:

https://i.imgur.com/Qpy3OJn.png

Besides that, Empire Earth 2 community used GameRanger for around 3 years (2012-2015) before I finished the Multiplayer Lobby: https://forum.ee2.eu/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1570

Every multiplayer user claims that their experience on the dedicated game lobby is much better than during the "GameRanger times".

Your logic:
- Don't use the Unofficial Patch 1.5, because it has a donation pop-up!
- Install GameRanger to play the game.
- If you have a bad Internet connection wait for the other player to host the game. If you are playing with your friends and you both have the bad connection then it's your problem.
- Read the tutorials online, and edit game configuration files yourself in order to disable the windowed mode.
- Play on the 4:3 screen resolution, with blacks bars on the sides.
- Use an integrated Intel HD GPU if you use a laptop with 2 graphics cards, because the game uses Directx 8, not DirectX 9 which is available in Unofficial Patch 1.5.
- Play with the lower FPS on your 144Hz monitor.
- Mod the game yourself in order to have a greater camera zoom.
- Save your game often to load from a save when your game crashes with Unhandled Exception (which would be mostly fixed in UP1.5).
- And so on, and so on.

Other players logic:
- Install Unofficial Patch 1.5.
- Configure as you like in the user-friendly Settings window.
- Play multiplayer with 100% of chance to connect with your friends, family or different players around the world.
- Enjoy the newest windows support, 4k resolutions, high refresh ratio monitors and performance improvement.
- Close the non-invasive donation message after you shutdown the game.
I've used the Unofficial Patch 1.5 for many years and have witnessed the many improvements that have been made to the game. I don't recommend playing without it as it's a very compromised experience, especially on modern hardware. Dr. MonaLisa has put a lot of efforted and time into the game to keep it up to modern standards whereas the original developers have abandoned the franchise long ago.
Post edited August 22, 2021 by calsch03
@QWEEDDYZ

ADWARE!? adware my a**, it's a reasonable donation banner that you can instantly click away with ONE click.

dude it's clear that you don't know what you are talking about! MOST PEOPLE LOVE THE PATCH!
They way you talk is unprofessional and you ignore reasonable points of Dr. Mona Lisa lol.

Most of the community seems to have no problem with his donation banner in exchange for all the improvements he made.
Those who don't like it propably just deinstall UP 1.5 and move on with their lives.

Come back if you want to meaningfully contribute to improving UP 1.5 with constructive criticism.
Or just be the change you want to see and make your own launcher/patch! Maybe people will start to respect your opinions then.

Get to work or get out!
Post edited October 08, 2021 by FoxTunez