It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi

The saga of trying to get old games to run on Windows 10 continues!

When I launch the game, after a surprisingly long loading time, I arrive at a black main menu screen.
A thread on this forum (can't post link for some reason) suggested that this was due to overlays running. I tried disabling all programs I have that can even create an overlay (Shadowplay, Origin, Discord, Steam, the Windows Xbox thing) with no success.
I've also tried running the game in a dx wrapper called dxwnd I found on another thread on some other site that claimed to help with running such old games. This forced Emperor to start in a window, rather than full screen, but this did not fix the black menu.

Furthermore, disregarding the black menu and attempting to load a game causes it to CTD with no error message, either running natively or through dxwnd.

I have tried both clean installs and using the widescreen fix. I have also tried lowering my display resolution to various settings with no difference in outcome.

I just want to make cities with buildings as solid as Mount Taishan
Attachments:
Inorien: Hi

The saga of trying to get old games to run on Windows 10 continues!

When I launch the game, after a surprisingly long loading time, I arrive at a black main menu screen.
A thread on this forum (can't post link for some reason) suggested that this was due to overlays running. I tried disabling all programs I have that can even create an overlay (Shadowplay, Origin, Discord, Steam, the Windows Xbox thing) with no success.
I've also tried running the game in a dx wrapper called dxwnd I found on another thread on some other site that claimed to help with running such old games. This forced Emperor to start in a window, rather than full screen, but this did not fix the black menu.

Furthermore, disregarding the black menu and attempting to load a game causes it to CTD with no error message, either running natively or through dxwnd.

I have tried both clean installs and using the widescreen fix. I have also tried lowering my display resolution to various settings with no difference in outcome.

I just want to make cities with buildings as solid as Mount Taishan
Try right click on the exe and run it in "windows 7 compatible mode".
Do you use scaling on desktop? If yes, set that on 100 %.
Nvidia overlay crashing the game