It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

disi:
monotony:
Unfortunately, GOG does not work on the weekend. GOG also does not work over Christmas.

Translated with Google.
funny enough, version 1.0.2946.0 is online now. sadly, no single patch file yet so i'll have to download the whole client again, but at least i don't need to install galaxy. seems like they're still working, despite saturday.
disi: Grrr, the only way for me to get that patch at the moment is to install GOG-DRM (Galaxy client). They take a long time to provide offline-patches.
If I install their client, it goes into a bloody statistic to confirm their believe it is cool to run a client to play games.

And whatever they say, a client with username/password connecting to an online database to get a patch to play a game is DRM for me. It also has an overlay, which may cause problems, extra code is run to monitor you playing for statistics and who knows what else. I hate forced community with friends features or social networks as well.

Aaargh!
It simply isn't DRM, no matter what you think.
I mean seriously, you complain about a login?
How do you download your games from gog.com, do you not log in on the website, do you just download the game files?
It is really mind boggling to see what kind of expectations people have on here.
The funniest thing to me is when people on here then threaten to buy games on Steam instead, as if just installing gog galaxy was worse than buying things on Steam.
disi: Grrr, the only way for me to get that patch at the moment is to install GOG-DRM (Galaxy client). They take a long time to provide offline-patches.
If I install their client, it goes into a bloody statistic to confirm their believe it is cool to run a client to play games.

And whatever they say, a client with username/password connecting to an online database to get a patch to play a game is DRM for me. It also has an overlay, which may cause problems, extra code is run to monitor you playing for statistics and who knows what else. I hate forced community with friends features or social networks as well.

Aaargh!
AiCola: It simply isn't DRM, no matter what you think.
I mean seriously, you complain about a login?
How do you download your games from gog.com, do you not log in on the website, do you just download the game files?
It is really mind boggling to see what kind of expectations people have on here.
The funniest thing to me is when people on here then threaten to buy games on Steam instead, as if just installing gog galaxy was worse than buying things on Steam.
the acquisition has nothing to do with it, same as an amazon login to order a book is not drm.

can you play games downloaded via gog galaxy offline and without the client? honest question, i never used the service. steam itself is no drm either, but steamworks is.

either way, it makes quite some difference to go on a website to download your games as opposed to installing yet another client. i already have steam, origin, uplay, battlenet and the epic games launcher installed. there's a limit to how many additional applications i'm willing to have on my system and i personally will refrain from installing anything that isn't mandatory for playing a game.
Post edited January 07, 2018 by monotony
Of course you can play the games offline and without the client.
"- Weather and lighting improvements "

You bugged the game, it looks very dark and downgraded compared to last 1.0 weather, I know bugs are fixed, but why change the color and lights, on 1.0 nights looked so nice and realistic now they are ugly and bright, bring back old weather with fixed bugs thats all.
Post edited May 25, 2018 by gabsuviu
gabsuviu: "- Weather and lighting improvements "

You bugged the game, it looks very dark and downgraded compared to last 1.0 weather, I know bugs are fixed, but why change the color and lights, on 1.0 nights looked so nice and realistic now they are ugly and bright, bring back old weather with fixed bugs thats all.
Hmmmm....lighting in the game is superb--I highly recommend the no-fog mod from Nexus--the game just looks fabulous--I have never understood PB's obsession with fog--game is gorgeous without it--it simply gets in the way, imo. That, and some fiddling with the game's gamma adjustment to suit the end user--it's just fantastic looking @ 2560x1440. Version 1.0.2955.0 is really nice, a treat for the eyes...!
gabsuviu: "- Weather and lighting improvements "

i totaly agree. This effect is out of hand. The brightenss of the textures indors changes dramaticly depending on the angle of the camera. Green gras ground textures become pitch black. This needs fixing. It ruins the atmosphere and is more anoying than a cat that wants to lie on your keyboard