It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Yeah, that's odd. Might have something to do with gog's way of versioning?

Anyway, applying the English patch to another language version seems to be entirely possible. I just did that and it went all the way through without any errors. Didn't notice anything funky in-game yet too.
The changes seem to have gone into effect as I tried to sell some of my three-figure stacks and it offered me to select the amount in steps of ten (as described in the changelog).

So... I'd say it's safe(?) to install the English patch over a non-English version of the game.
also looking for standalone patch
Yigdboz: So... I'd say it's safe(?) to install the English patch over a non-English version of the game.
The chosen language when downloading the game only matters for the language used by the gog installer anyway, as all other language files are installed as well.

Because of that there shouldn't be any problems.
Post edited October 30, 2017 by Unkalibriert
Yigdboz: So... I'd say it's safe(?) to install the English patch over a non-English version of the game.
Unkalibriert: The chosen language when downloading the game only matters for the language used by the gog installer anyway, as all other language files are installed as well.
... and for the german player who didn't see a new patch....

Schon blöd wenn der deutschsprachige Spieler den Patch garnicht erst sieht und nur mit Glück mibekommt das es überhaupt einen neuen Patch gibt.

Und dann auch noch das Glück hat im richtigen Thread die (möglicherweise) Lösung zu finden.

Und diese Lösung dann auch noch lesen kann weil er eben nicht nativ english sondern muttersprachlich deutsch ist. ;)

Tja man braucht also 3 mal Glück auf dem Weg zum Patch. Gut das ich soviel Glück hatte.

Oh und apropo Patch, warum zeigt Elex eigentlich seinen Patchstand / seine Versionsnummer nicht an ?
Post edited October 31, 2017 by Arathorne
jackal1234: also looking for standalone patch
There is already a stand alone patch. It has been there since Oct 27th. But for some reason they forgot to add it to the list for other languages other than English, so make sure you pick English on the list and you should see the stand alone patch.
eisberg77: It has been there since Oct 27th.
Nope. The update was only for GOG Galaxy.
There were neither updated standalone setups nor the current patch until yesterday (the diff files in the patch have been created around midnight from 2017-10-29 to 2017-10-30).
Post edited October 31, 2017 by nicode
I m sorry, because I m new. I dont use gog galaxu, so when will be that patch which steam has but gog dont yet. Some of you say monday (yesterday) but we dont get it even today... When it will be then?
Dovah94: I m sorry, because I m new. I dont use gog galaxu, so when will be that patch which steam has but gog dont yet. Some of you say monday (yesterday) but we dont get it even today... When it will be then?
Select the classic installation files and the english files. The latest patch (1.0.2846.0, 15808 to 15973, 98 MB) is available there. It works with all language versions.
Is there any way in-game to check what version I have? I just install gog version after release game, and I didnt install nothing after that. When I was installing the game, nothing has pop up about patching or updates. So?
Dovah94: Is there any way in-game to check what version I have? I just install gog version after release game, and I didnt install nothing after that. When I was installing the game, nothing has pop up about patching or updates. So?
You can get the version information only with right mouse click on elex.exe.
Piranha Bytes gives no information in-game.
Dovah94: Is there any way in-game to check what version I have? I just install gog version after release game, and I didnt install nothing after that. When I was installing the game, nothing has pop up about patching or updates. So?
KingCross: You can get the version information only with right mouse click on elex.exe.
I install patches, but I dont have that file, I mean elex.exe. Can you tell me where is that? I my local disk with Elex files there is not elex.exe.
KingCross: You can get the version information only with right mouse click on elex.exe.
Dovah94: I install patches, but I dont have that file, I mean elex.exe. Can you tell me where is that? I my local disk with Elex files there is not elex.exe.
it is in the .../elex/system folder
Dovah94: I just install gog version after release game, and I didnt install nothing after that.
You need two patches to update from "1.0" to the current version "1.0.2846.0":
patch_elex_1.0_(15133)_to_1.1_(15807).exe
patch_elex_1.0_day_1_patch_(15808)_to_1.0.2846.0_(15973).exe

There was some confusion in the version naming: "1.1" should have been "1.0 Day 1 Patch".
You have to switch to a non-English language to see the link to the "15133 -> 15807" patch, and to the English downloads to get the "15808 -> 15973" patch (both are language independent and cannot be installed if you have the wrong base version installed).
Post edited November 01, 2017 by nicode
AlienMind: Yeah likewise.
disi: OK, fuck you!
lol
Dovah94: I just install gog version after release game, and I didnt install nothing after that.
nicode: You need two patches to update from "1.0" to the current version "1.0.2846.0":
patch_elex_1.0_(15133)_to_1.1_(15807).exe
patch_elex_1.0_day_1_patch_(15808)_to_1.0.2846.0_(15973).exe

There was some confusion in the version naming: "1.1" should have been "1.0 Day 1 Patch".
You have to switch to a non-English language to see the link to the "15133 -> 15807" patch, and to the English downloads to get the "15808 -> 15973" patch (both are language independent and cannot be installed if you have the wrong base version installed).
Thank you. Yes, starting from the 26GB setup_elex_german_1.0_(15133).exe, I installed 100MB of patch_elex_1.0_(15133)_to_1.1_(15807).exe, then 100MB of patch_elex_1.0_day_1_patch_(15808)_to_1.0.2846.0_(15973).exe (which for some reason is only available under "ENGLISH") and everything seems to work.
UPDATE: yep. no. spoke too soon. got weird flickering in the cleric stronghold. gonna re-download full game anew over the night.
Post edited November 01, 2017 by AlienMind
AlienMind: gonna re-download full game anew over the night.
I doubt that it will change anything (in the end you end up with the same game files). There are known problems with the GeForce Experience in-game overlay on some machines. So the problem might be the result of changed/updated system components...