It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi guys.

Just finished playing Earth 2140 for UCS faction DOS mode version with NORMAL Difficulty and I found for me 2 difficult missions (First relatively doable and the other real hardcore - I also think developers messed up 3rd mission in Europe for UCS which should probably be the last as the rest were OK).

My question is if someone have finished ED Campaign with this setting as I am about to start to play for ED and wondering that without SHADOW vehicle I don't know if I will enjoy it :D Let me know your thoughts if its doable or I will have to use cheat or something.
Polaris.849: Hi guys.

Just finished playing Earth 2140 for UCS faction DOS mode version with NORMAL Difficulty and I found for me 2 difficult missions (First relatively doable and the other real hardcore - I also think developers messed up 3rd mission in Europe for UCS which should probably be the last as the rest were OK).

My question is if someone have finished ED Campaign with this setting as I am about to start to play for ED and wondering that without SHADOW vehicle I don't know if I will enjoy it :D Let me know your thoughts if its doable or I will have to use cheat or something.
I actually just beaten the ED original campaign and found it easier than UCS campaign. Reason is the thunder chopper can shoot rockets which is usefull for destroying many power plants and cripling the enemy that way. Also heavy rocket tank costs 1200 and is pretty usefull when in huge numbers because it has range and destructive power.
Only the america mission 2 was kinda difficult i believe since i had problems defeating power plants with thunder and had to simply defend wait out until i could attack with heavy rocket tanks.
And one mission was annoying where you had to transport tanks somewhere at beginning continent and you only had weak and maybe middle tanks. So as usual i went and destroyed the power plant and the construction center or what it's called and got rid of my problem.
Too bad you can't transport Heavy tanks with water transport in latter missions. UCS could transport every unit though they had lesser hit points.Also don't forget to use R for reinforcments almost every beginning of stage if available.
Post edited September 27, 2018 by Fonzer
Polaris.849: Hi guys.

Fonzer: I actually just beaten the ED original campaign and found it easier than UCS campaign. Reason is the thunder chopper can shoot rockets which is usefull for destroying many power plants and cripling the enemy that way. Also heavy rocket tank costs 1200 and is pretty usefull when in huge numbers because it has range and destructive power.
Only the america mission 2 was kinda difficult i believe since i had problems defeating power plants with thunder and had to simply defend wait out until i could attack with heavy rocket tanks.
And one mission was annoying where you had to transport tanks somewhere at beginning continent and you only had weak and maybe middle tanks. So as usual i went and destroyed the power plant and the construction center or what it's called and got rid of my problem.
Too bad you can't transport Heavy tanks with water transport in latter missions. UCS could transport every unit though they had lesser hit points.Also don't forget to use R for reinforcments almost every beginning of stage if available.
Thanks a lot man! I did not play that campaign yet, but I will someday :D However...did you play HD version or DOS version?
Post edited June 06, 2019 by Polaris.849
Polaris.849: Thanks a lot man! I did not play that campaign yet, but I will someday :D However...did you play HD version or DOS version?
Sorry i didn't notice your edit sooner. I played the DOS version which has working a.i.
Also am playing mission pack 1 with UCS now, need to start playing go for Sweden and the greenhorn missions and am done with UCS mission pack 1, next will be ED mission pack 1.
Incase you will play the mission packs if it starts acting weird by not accepting commands from your mouse just pause and unpause the game, also the mission packs are kinda more hard, interesting and more challeging.
Post edited June 15, 2019 by Fonzer
Polaris.849: Thanks a lot man! I did not play that campaign yet, but I will someday :D However...did you play HD version or DOS version?
Fonzer: Sorry i didn't notice your edit sooner. I played the DOS version which has working a.i.
Also am playing mission pack 1 with UCS now, need to start playing go for Sweden and the greenhorn missions and am done with UCS mission pack 1, next will be ED mission pack 1.
Incase you will play the mission packs if it starts acting weird by not accepting commands from your mouse just pause and unpause the game, also the mission packs are kinda more hard, interesting and more challeging.
Since 6th of June I started to play ED Campaign of the base game. So far the Africa was the worst part, but I am still not in the America...If the Mission Pack is even harder...OMG then... The only positive thing is that when I was young I could never finish the game. Now when I am older I had no issue with completion of UCS campaign (Just 2 missions gave me creeps). ED is so far much harder to play as I have no SHADOW vehicle and I could "cheat" like that for UCS side. At least ED has some though vehicles, but that mission in Africa where I had to destroy 5 bases...Jeeeeeeesus.
Polaris.849: Since 6th of June I started to play ED Campaign of the base game. So far the Africa was the worst part, but I am still not in the America...If the Mission Pack is even harder...OMG then... The only positive thing is that when I was young I could never finish the game. Now when I am older I had no issue with completion of UCS campaign (Just 2 missions gave me creeps). ED is so far much harder to play as I have no SHADOW vehicle and I could "cheat" like that for UCS side. At least ED has some though vehicles, but that mission in Africa where I had to destroy 5 bases...Jeeeeeeesus.
And you still managed to beat it? Which mission are you playing currently and which continent?
I really didn't have too much trouble with ED in main campaing Dos version except 2 missions, there is a guy on youtube called henry hung who played the earth 2140 game on even harder difficulty advanced, he reached mission pack 2 with ED but didn't play all missions yet also he didn't play UCS mission pack 2 yet, maybe you could check him out to see what kind of tactics he used.
So how did you do the missions, did you try destroying their powerplants to criple them with thunder helis or what are they called with rocket ammo.
UCS main campaing usually had the shadow tank to come to the rescue, since without it you would usually get destroyed overnumbered and overpowered by their armies. Yes i also had trouble in some UCS mission where you had to advance and destroy their resource gathering to stand a chance at the start or else i couldn't advance even after hours of playing and had to restart the mission, also that is when i learned how important the R button is for reinforcements.
One mission with ED i thought i had no chance to get to a continent with water transports but then when i got close suddenly UCS was nuked and i could actually beat the mission. Since you probably found out you can't transport heavy tanks on water transport, so sometimes it's usefull to take over units or buildings from UCS. You should try disabling shadow tanks with those electrical pulse tanks and then try to repair em with your units to take them over.
Also don't forget to repair your own units and place some defensive building that are repairable with a click.
Post edited June 16, 2019 by Fonzer
Polaris.849: Since 6th of June I started to play ED Campaign of the base game. So far the Africa was the worst part, but I am still not in the America...If the Mission Pack is even harder...OMG then... The only positive thing is that when I was young I could never finish the game. Now when I am older I had no issue with completion of UCS campaign (Just 2 missions gave me creeps). ED is so far much harder to play as I have no SHADOW vehicle and I could "cheat" like that for UCS side. At least ED has some though vehicles, but that mission in Africa where I had to destroy 5 bases...Jeeeeeeesus.
Fonzer: And you still managed to beat it? Which mission are you playing currently and which continent?
I really didn't have too much trouble with ED in main campaing Dos version except 2 missions, there is a guy on youtube called henry hung who played the earth 2140 game on even harder difficulty advanced, he reached mission pack 2 with ED but didn't play all missions yet also he didn't play UCS mission pack 2 yet, maybe you could check him out to see what kind of tactics he used.
So how did you do the missions, did you try destroying their powerplants to criple them with thunder helis or what are they called with rocket ammo.
UCS main campaing usually had the shadow tank to come to the rescue, since without it you would usually get destroyed overnumbered and overpowered by their armies. Yes i also had trouble in some UCS mission where you had to advance and destroy their resource gathering to stand a chance at the start or else i couldn't advance even after hours of playing and had to restart the mission, also that is when i learned how important the R button is for reinforcements.
One mission with ED i thought i had no chance to get to a continent with water transports but then when i got close suddenly UCS was nuked and i could actually beat the mission. Since you probably found out you can't transport heavy tanks on water transport, so sometimes it's usefull to take over units or buildings from UCS. You should try disabling shadow tanks with those electrical pulse tanks and then try to repair em with your units to take them over.
Also don't forget to repair your own units and place some defensive building that are repairable with a click.
Hi. I was finally able to beat this game for ED as well. It took some tries and errors to to make it till the end, but I am satisfied, that I made it. I did not use choppers to take down power plants as I was always unlucky that they destroyed them before I was able to shoot them down and I did not like it to mass produce choppers. So went with tanks only. I also tried to capture shadow, but in the end decided to go in my usual tank ways. Anyway. Will try also Mission Pack 1 next time, but that will take years till I get to those I think.