It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello everybody! If someone bought this game, please tell us, whether the computer AI is normal and computer really tries to win :) I ask this question, because I encountered a crippled version (believe it was from Zuxxez) of this game, and it was deliberately changed into something very dumb, like a body without spirit. ("to make the game easier").
Thanks a lot for the info, I intend to buy it...
This question / problem has been solved by klaymenimage
I do not have the game, but I have to think that the GOG version of the game is the original coded version with any patches applied.
I am sure there is no messing with the code to hamper the AI.
I don't know. I have played it since friday but the AI seems retarded to me. No counterattacks, only building a unit or two, but other units just stand around. But what is stranger, the enemy does not have any mines/refineries/resource transporting vehicles, what is really weird. My old retail version I have, had much challenging AI, I will try to find it and play a few missions.
What klaymen says is the exact description. Just what I was afraid of :(
klaymen: I don't know. I have played it since friday but the AI seems retarded to me. No counterattacks, only building a unit or two, but other units just stand around. But what is stranger, the enemy does not have any mines/refineries/resource transporting vehicles, what is really weird. My old retail version I have, had much challenging AI, I will try to find it and play a few missions.

This is not at all what I've seen in the game.
In the time I've been playing it (gog version) the enemy just tends to sit about, doing nothing. Buildings don't produce anything, and the enemy does not even appear to harvest resources, despite having all it needs to do so.
The enemy also, appears to have infinite resources, and can repair buildings continuously. Or so it appeared, after leaving it to run for a while one mission, it was still able to do so.
That said, there is a metric truckload of enemy vehicles and infantry lumped together, and the game becomes one of finding the best combination of force to break through it before your own resources run out. I've been hit a few times with empty mines, and no cash to find and deploy another!
I'd imagine a very large difficulty spike if it actually made an effort to attack me.
You guys should know, that the game shouldn't be crippled this utterly wrong way. I also have an original disc version of this game, and it's really an amazing game experience :). The datadiscs are what I am interested in, but I don't want to be dissapointed with this issue once more.
I second you, some maps were really hard. I will try to contact GoG support to find out what happened with this version
This problem occured to me too in a retail version (new one, working under XP) and sometimes, when you attack the main building, the AI restarts and computer starts to act like in the old DOS version. There should really be a patch for this, because it's really not a challenge to win.
klaymen: I second you, some maps were really hard. I will try to contact GoG support to find out what happened with this version

Please keep us updated...
Elwin: Please keep us updated...

After exchanging a few messages with support, I am trying to upload my retail version on their FTP, so they can take a look at that. Hope it will help
klaymen: After exchanging a few messages with support, I am trying to upload my retail version on their FTP, so they can take a look at that. Hope it will help

Cool, thanks.
klaymen: After exchanging a few messages with support, I am trying to upload my retail version on their FTP, so they can take a look at that. Hope it will help

Any updates since then?
Nope, no news yet. I'll wait until Wednesday or so and then I'll ask what is happening with it.
klaymen: Nope, no news yet. I'll wait until Wednesday or so and then I'll ask what is happening with it.

It's silent, I suppose :)?