It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello everybody! If someone bought this game, please tell us, whether the computer AI is normal and computer really tries to win :) I ask this question, because I encountered a crippled version (believe it was from Zuxxez) of this game, and it was deliberately changed into something very dumb, like a body without spirit. ("to make the game easier").
Thanks a lot for the info, I intend to buy it...
This question / problem has been solved by klaymenimage
Adam23: More than a moth ago I had written this message to GOG, but they didn't even bother to answer. Lets see if they read the forums:

////

Hello GOG,

according to this thread:
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/earth_series/a_question_about_earth_2140s_ai/page1
you confirmed that the AI in the game you have the rights for is indeed weak (I say crippled).
But that is going to be two years old post soon.

Have you attempted to secure the rights for the original release of the game, or some other workaround, to give us the game in the state we remember from the past days (=challenging). I am very sure that many players are considering this a major problem and didn't buy the game consequently.

Please do not tell me, you did not put at least some effort to resolving this issue as you promised.

To encourage you, I must say I really appreciate the way you are treating your customers (=us) and wish you all the best in the future.

Adam23

////

The matter is still far from closed to many of us.
Hi,

I will look into this and get back to you ASAP.
Adam23: ...
Adam23
////
The matter is still far from closed to many of us.
Wel, I think it dependes on ZUXXEZ to provide GOG the right AI settings (or version). I only wish i could somehow swap AI files from the old version to the new one. I do have both versions, and the old one was so HARD to finish. I put the new one away, after i discovered the forums and missions in game :D
Galimatias: Hi,
We all do hope for positive feedback ;)
@Adam23
Well done to you for keeping this thread alive. I have now played the GOG version and it is truly crippled. :(

When this game originally came out, it was easily as good as anything Westwood had at the time. I REALLY hope GOG can fix this. Until then, I will just play it on my Amiga and believe me the fights in that version are tough! Please GOG fix this! You cant leave this wonderful RTS game in this state. It wouldn't be decent.
Galimatias: Hi,

Any news on this yet? The crippled AI is the only thing stopping me from buying this game (I have 2150 and 2160 already).
This is one of my favorite strategies. When AI will be repaired i will buy it for sure.
Hi all you Earth 2140 fans, I thought I would give this thread a little bump just to let GOG know we are all still waiting for a patch for the game, so anyways any news on this GOG?
Hello, GoG! Can we get some input on this issue? The Witcher craze is slowly receding, so you certainly have more time to solve this problem. We are still waiting...
That's about a month from my last post in this thread, so time for another bump. Hello GOG, is anyone looking into this problem with the AI in 2140?

Hello? HELLOOooOO? Is this thing on?
I'm wondering about when the fix for this will happen too. After getting 2150 from the summer hidden gems promo (the game is great btw), I really want to check out 2140. But there's no point in checking out a game that's not working right. Please keep looking into this problem and let us know what's happening! Thanks GOG.
I have now contacted GOG about this issue to see if there is any updates on the problem. I do hope they can fix it.
Thanks Geraldine. I decided to buy 2140 from GOG to see what it's like myself. I played about 10 of the missions and the only attacks that happen must be scripted. When they happen, sometimes they just appear "magically" by your base. When you find the enemy bases, they have some defenses set up but the base itself is just collected resources. I don't really think the base is making more units.

The only challenge with the XP version is overcoming the initial set of enemies that are present at the beginning of the map. After that just have some capability to defend against a couple of waves of scripted attacks to your base.

It would be nice to play against a fully functioning AI instead of playing against pre-scripted conditions on the map. I would imagine they would have to tone down the maps in the XP version if the AI were to suddenly work. The best solution is if GOG could get us the DOS version of the game so people could pick which one they want to play (easy/scripted or hard/functioning AI).
Waiting For...

best game when i was young memories comeback
You are correct jdiamant2, the enemy dont do anything. They just sit there waiting for you to roll over them. It is unplayable in it's present state in my view.

GOG did get back to me and I have bad news. The problem is unfixable with regards to the Windows version of the game. The only way to fully restore Earth 2140 to it's real self is for GOG to get the rights for the DOS version, however (at present) they have been unable to do so.

I am very sad about this because I have played the Amiga/Mac version and that was awesome. Some of the missions were really tough! I feel sorry for those of you who will never get to experience this game as it should be :(
That is indeed very sad, I so wanted to play the normal AI version of the game, and the expansion packs which I haven't had a chance to play at all, in a convenient GOG package. Well, tough luck for us all then.