It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey guys,

We just uploaded an update for Eador: Genesis that will bring your game up to version 1.05.2.

For English-speaking players, the Universal Update will update your game as always.

For our Russian players, please download the new Language pack (Russian) and your game will also be updated to 1.05.2.

Some patch notes:

Minor:
Missing names of quest-related provinces are fixed.

Cosmetic:
All issues with text being too long for its window and getting cut or going outside the designated space have been hopefully eliminated.

As you can see, all changes are for text only. But we also updated exe files in order to display in the game the new version number which is 1.05.2 now.
Thanks a lot. It would be great if the Universal Updater didn't expect the game to be in c:\GOG... for those who decided to put it elsewhere, though. Had to move the game where the patch expects it to be and then put it right back where it belongs.
]This has fixed the sound issues... I thought that was going to be impossible??!! -- False alarm. But interestingly it seems the audio stuttering is caused (for me) by steam. Just having steam minimised to the icon panel is enough to mess up Eador for me for some bizzare reason.

Also I didn't need to install to c:\gog... my install directory was detected ok
Post edited January 17, 2013 by rahal
LDiCesare: Thanks a lot. It would be great if the Universal Updater didn't expect the game to be in c:\GOG... for those who decided to put it elsewhere, though. Had to move the game where the patch expects it to be and then put it right back where it belongs.
I installed the game into D:\Games\Eador - Gensis\
and the universal update found it no problem and installed into the correct directory (no C:\Gog directory was created and the game now says v1.05.2)
And I was hoping you have added a "save" feature. Silly me...
mrkgnao: And I was hoping you have added a "save" feature. Silly me...
That would be a pretty major change.
They actually are adding it in the remake of the game. Eador Masters of the Broken World
mrkgnao: And I was hoping you have added a "save" feature. Silly me...
taltamir: That would be a pretty major change.
They actually are adding it in the remake of the game. Eador Masters of the Broken World
Yes. I know. I was being sarcastic. Been having a lousy day...
Does anyone know if this update fixes the problem this game had being played on Netbooks at all?

Just hoping I don't have to go download stuff from 3rd party sites just to get the game to work :(
EvilLoynis: Does anyone know if this update fixes the problem this game had being played on Netbooks at all?

Just hoping I don't have to go download stuff from 3rd party sites just to get the game to work :(
Hey, looks like I'm not alone in being unable to play EG on my netbook!

Good to know.
JudasIscariot: Cosmetic:
All issues with text being too long for its window and getting cut or going outside the designated space have been hopefully eliminated.
It's a trap! http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/5632/58709606.png
JudasIscariot: Cosmetic:
Gremlion: It's a trap! http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/5632/58709606.png
Oh. 9 unit types, bloating into whole 2 lines of text (out of 18). Some things you just cannot defeat :)
Post edited January 21, 2013 by ghaaroth
I cannot download the last patch. It downloads the russian language pack instead??

Ok I disabled the downloader and I could get it. Something's broken though.
Post edited March 11, 2013 by mg1979
Downloader downloads russian language pack instead of patch.
mefito1996: Downloader downloads russian language pack instead of patch.
Yeah, same problem. mg1979 thnx, i disabled the gog downloader and it works. Weird.
My game does not update at all. Tried to reinstall and that did not work. For one I get no option to update the game unless the gog downloader is off. If it is off I get an option to update the game when I start it. That always fails though and I have tried several times. Is there a manual link to the patch or a fix for this coming soon? I hope so as I am waiting for the patch before playing.