It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

jamotide: Always got scrolls and contracts except at the very beginning, but they were 2 of them most of the time, or maybe always.
rollback item.var and play with variable "Power" in Guard.var
The more - the merrier.
Post edited May 27, 2016 by Gremlion
lol ok that is it! Thanks.

Screenshot is from the first undead site with everything set to power 18 ,the maximum setting I found in the file (from cult of water, dwarven artillery and magicians):
Attachments:
power18.jpg (235 Kb)
Am I the only one who preferred the old gnolls and orcs in NH? Gnolls that turn into demons seem very out of place to me, and old orcs were a bit better than the new ones with totems, imo.
at this point the game is un-playable so its a moot point but yes imo change is not always for the better.
ussnorway: at this point the game is un-playable so its a moot point but yes imo change is not always for the better.
Yes last update had some cool new stuff but mostly I felt it messed up the whole game, really depressing to see it go this way.
ussnorway: at this point the game is un-playable so its a moot point but yes imo change is not always for the better.
btw why do you say it's unplayable?
mg1979: Yes last update had some cool new stuff but mostly I felt it messed up the whole game, really depressing to see it go this way.
Hello mg1979,

(I'm a NH translator.)
In my experience, the NH devs do listen to criticism, and are willing to make adjustments.
Could you point out what you consider deficiencies in the 2.60 release?
I noted you didn't like the new Gnolls.
Did you read the new Gnoll lore in Text/races.txt ?
(It took me several hours to translate BTW hehe.)

@ussnorway, why do you consider the 2.60 release un-playable?

Regards
Boon952: Hello mg1979,

(I'm a NH translator.)
In my experience, the NH devs do listen to criticism, and are willing to make adjustments.
Could you point out what you consider deficiencies in the 2.60 release?
I noted you didn't like the new Gnolls.
Did you read the new Gnoll lore in Text/races.txt ?
(It took me several hours to translate BTW hehe.)

@ussnorway, why do you consider the 2.60 release un-playable?

Regards
Hi, thanks for the answer, it's been a while I played last time (2-3 months) so from memory, as I said I don't like new gnolls: they were rather strong before but now they are absurd in all senses, fighting 3rd circle gnoll provinces was impossible, I didn't read the lore (sorry:)) but their previous rune system was much more interesting for me.

I didn't like much new orcs either, I think they're easier than before, and battles with totems are more boring than interesting. I think the totem is a good idea but it would be better like a single big totem in big orc battles, that behaves a bit like gates of chaos (immobile, non-summoned, high HPs, passive bonus to all orcs like a commander), but I preferred old orc units by far (I also preferred old bugbear sprite).

I like the other features, but of some I'm not sure:

- Panicked units will now desert when they reach the edge of the battlefield.

This makes fear spells too powerful imo. Think a Behemoth or a hydra that flees battle.

- Sorcerer can now not only become a Necromancer, but also a Demonologist.

The idea is ok, but demonologists are much worse than necromancers, I think they're much worse than lv1 improved shaman too, so it's not a very good thing for sorcerers as it is now.

- Warlord now gives his troops First Aid +2 and Recuperation +1 instead of Regeneration +1.

I never take warlord, but regeneration+1 makes AI warlords more challenging, when would the AI benefit from first aid? I don't think it's a good choice.

- Mage no longer receives +1 Spellpower. Archmage no longer receives additional +2 Spellpower.

I don't understand the need for this. At least, Spellpower level 5 should give +2 instead of +1 (now progression is +1/+1/+2/+1/+1).

- Master Necromancer now gets an extra circle III spell slot, instead of circle IV.

Does this mean no circle IV spells at all?
Post edited June 16, 2016 by mg1979
mg1979: - Master Necromancer now gets an extra circle III spell slot, instead of circle IV.
Hello mg1979,

I posted your remarks to the NH board ;-)
http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=276327#276327

IIUC, Master Necromancer, like all Wizard sub-classes, has 10 Magic (the max)
Thus, 2 circle 4 spells.

Regards.
mg1979: - Master Necromancer now gets an extra circle III spell slot, instead of circle IV.
Boon952: Hello mg1979,

I posted your remarks to the NH board ;-)
http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=276327#276327

IIUC, Master Necromancer, like all Wizard sub-classes, has 10 Magic (the max)
Thus, 2 circle 4 spells.

Regards.
ok thank you for this
Is this 2.60 a stand-alone or do I still need to extract the files to my install location?
Bobby_Typhoon: Is this 2.60 a stand-alone or do I still need to extract the files to my install location?
New Horizons v2.70a has just been released.
http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=4057
Bobby_Typhoon: Is this 2.60 a stand-alone or do I still need to extract the files to my install location?
Boon952: New Horizons v2.70a has just been released.
Thanks for the news.
Boon952: New Horizons v2.70a has just been released.
Nice thanks. Any big changes in 2.70a or mostly bug fixes?
draxvbion: Any big changes in 2.70a or mostly bug fixes?
2.60 was based on Russian version 15.1231.f01
2.70 is based on Russian version 16.0901.f01
There are some pretty big changes, such as a new school of magic.
(I haven't had time to translate the release notes yet, but they're available in Russian.)
NB: 2.70b was just released (minor translation updates over 2.70a)
Post edited March 19, 2017 by Boon952