It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It looks like the new version is out. 2.60a. Have fun everyone. Gnoll and orc time.
draxvbion: It looks like the new version is out. 2.60a. Have fun everyone. Gnoll and orc time.
Lol, you beat me to the official announcement ;-)

New Horizons English translation v2.60a has been released

Please feel free to support the future development of New Horizons by a small donation http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=160872#160872.

Feedback is always welcome, so let us know if you encounter any issues or bugs http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=3794

2.60 download http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=265939#265939

***NEW FEATURES***

1. Troops
Added "Blood Frenzy" ability, gives a unit an extra action for killing an enemy in melee.
Added "Pike Wall" ability, adds the enemy's charging attack bonus to your counterattack
Added "Persistence" ability, speeds health recovery outside of combat.

2. Magic
After building the Sages Guild, Secret Library, or Tower of Knowledge, you may turn spells in a hero's spellbook back into scrolls (respectively circles 1, 2, 3 spells). To do this, click on the desired spell while holding ALT - the spell will disappear, and the corresponding scroll will appear in your hero's inventory. Keep in mind that turning a spell back into a scroll costs as much as buying the scroll from a store!

3. Locations
When exploring locations, detailed information about guards is provided in the description. If the hero has used Scouting, additional information is also saved.

4. Events
Most units now have "equivalents" for quests that require killing specific creatures (generally plain/improved units, but there may be exceptions). The quest log in the hero screen lists equivalent units.
Added new quest.

5. Misc
Allied troops are now recruited from a separate window. Added button to switch between regular and allied troops. Removed most hiring scrolls and allied strongholds.
Added config option to let a player control his own province guards. When enabled, before each battle, player will be given the option to control his guards.
Add config option to let new players skip the campaign tutorial. When enabled, the first dialog with Danur will offer an option to jump to the Astral Plane.
Add config option to let a player choose a Scout's favorite terrain. When enabled, a new menu will appear when hiring a Scout.
Added three musical themes (main menu, main window, battle) - made by Eador composer Evgeniy Gulyugin.
When comparing the hero's army to a neutral province's defenders, alliances are now taken into account - defenders are more willing to negotiate if the player has forged an alliance with their kind.
Added sound for trampling cavalry.
Added tooltip for creature type and class (hover over the unit pic in the unit stat window). Clicking on a picture opens a window with the description of all types.
Panicked units will now desert when they reach the edge of the battlefield. They stay alive, but lose half of their remaining health. Also, the fight no longer ends immediately when all enemies are panicked - you have to kill them or wait for them to desert. If all enemy units have fled, the battle is won. Deserters remain alive only in case of victory.

Other changes http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=265949#265949
The game crashes when i copy save files from to this newest..
Post edited February 19, 2016 by ambient_orange
ambient_orange: The game crashes when i copy save files from to this newest..
New version adds new content, heavily modifies e.g. races orcs and gnolls, introduces lots of new abilites. Saves from previous versions are incompatible as a consequence.
ambient_orange: The game crashes when i copy save files from to this newest..
http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?p=265949#265949
Caution!
In-shard saves from previous versions are incompatible! Starting a new shard is required.
To keep your progress, save Campaign on the Astral Plane before updating the mod.
Oh cool, so I can use the new version in my ongoing 2.50 campaign if I switch to the new version while on the astral? That is awesome!
jamotide: Oh cool, so I can use the new version in my ongoing 2.50 campaign if I switch to the new version while on the astral? That is awesome!
I've never tested it personally, but Jazz says it should work.

Finish your current 2.50 campaign shard, then exit the game on the Astral plane.
Unpack the 2.60 archive, and just copy your 2.50 "save" folder to the 2.60 folder.
Then start Eador.exe from the 2.60 folder.
Then tell us if it worked ;-)

BTW, mouse scroll doesn't work for me either, and I don't think it has ever worked for me ;-)
Post edited February 21, 2016 by Boon952
Yes saves works in astral.

But, when will they patch up the "stupid" prices in game? Thats probably the only reason me, and others? dont play on higher difficulties.

Oh hey you found the scroll -> sell it for 12gold. And another scroll.. sell it for 50gold.
Price to construct buildings for those spells? 50gold for library and 60 - 100gold for certain school! Thats total of 160gold.

And then we see armour, weapons. Price to sell -> less than repairing.
Price to construct buildings for such items? Way more expensive!
Repaired items should sell for way higher than right now.. if new item costs 60g. and you can sell it for 6g. thats just bullshit. Even worst scrolls sell for more.

And selling rare, very rare item sells for 100gold? really? When basic weapon costs that much!
ambient_orange: But, when will they patch up the "stupid" prices in game?
If I'm not mistaken (old-timers will correct me if I am)
Items are resold for 1/4 base price ("base" is relevant for items with resource requirements).
Repair cost is 1/2 full price x "item wear proportion"
I don't think selling loot was ever expected to be a revenue stream.
Regards.
I'm downloading 2.6 but I have a problem with my 2.50d shard, game crashes beteween turns. Even if I rename the game*.bkc to game*.cmp to restore previous turn, after 2 turns (that is, the crashing turn doesn't change) the game crashes anyway. So I'm stuck, unless I go back to the astral plane and lose the shard. Can anybody help?
mg1979: I'm downloading 2.6 but I have a problem with my 2.50d shard, game crashes beteween turns. Even if I rename the game*.bkc to game*.cmp to restore previous turn, after 2 turns (that is, the crashing turn doesn't change) the game crashes anyway. So I'm stuck, unless I go back to the astral plane and lose the shard. Can anybody help?
Do I understand the situation correctly
- you started a campaign shard with 2.50d
- you installed 2.60a over 2.50d
- you tried to continue playing the shard, but you experience lots of crashes

If yes, your best bet is to go back to the astral plane (lose the shard) and start a new shard. The newly generated map including creatures and sites should be fully 2.60 a compatible. Or you redownload 2.50d. finish your shard in 2.50d and then upgrade to 2.60. Your choice ...
mg1979: I'm downloading 2.6 but I have a problem with my 2.50d shard, game crashes beteween turns. Even if I rename the game*.bkc to game*.cmp to restore previous turn, after 2 turns (that is, the crashing turn doesn't change) the game crashes anyway. So I'm stuck, unless I go back to the astral plane and lose the shard. Can anybody help?
bavariankid: Do I understand the situation correctly
- you started a campaign shard with 2.50d
- you installed 2.60a over 2.50d
- you tried to continue playing the shard, but you experience lots of crashes

If yes, your best bet is to go back to the astral plane (lose the shard) and start a new shard. The newly generated map including creatures and sites should be fully 2.60 a compatible. Or you redownload 2.50d. finish your shard in 2.50d and then upgrade to 2.60. Your choice ...
No, I found out about 2.60 because I wanted to report this issue and maybe solve it, this happened with 2.50d only. I could start again the shard by deleting game*.cmp and renaming game*.bka to .cmp, so I was again on the astral plane, I just lost some hours instead of a week....

I'm going to play it with 2.60 and hope I won't run in to crashes. I didn't like much the strategist nerfing btw... was my main hero. Also the mage spellpower nerfing was unnecessary imho...
mg1979: I'm going to play it with 2.60 and hope I won't run in to crashes. I didn't like much the strategist nerfing btw... was my main hero. Also the mage spellpower nerfing was unnecessary imho...
You can easily change it back to what you like, by updating the var files ;-)
mg1979: I'm going to play it with 2.60 and hope I won't run in to crashes. I didn't like much the strategist nerfing btw... was my main hero. Also the mage spellpower nerfing was unnecessary imho...
Boon952: You can easily change it back to what you like, by updating the var files ;-)
Thanks, I'm a bit undecided, I recognize that the strategist is kind of overpowered, but I built my tactics around him.
Finished my first random map with an alliance with the orcs. Was a bit disappointed with the new orc units but the lvl 4 orc unit makes up for it. I did get my highest score of all time. 1135 lord of the universe. :) Will have to try the gnolls now.