It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

what about gog buyers?
quevedo17th: what about gog buyers?
I am interested in this patch more than almost any of the previous ones, because this seems to promise some stability.
I have now several games I were unable to finish, and am starting to hate MotBW. This patch may be my last hope.

Please Gog, make it available to us.

Or maybe someone could post the link to the ZIP file which we can manually install. That works, too.
I'm sure it will be available for us too the coming week or so. I wouldn't worry much. ;)
GOG? Any update?
Update 1.6.5? Even SnowbirdGames didn't advert it. I guess it's rather the 1.6.4. patch, GOG is drunk.
Apparently it updated to 1.6.5 without me noticing. Unfortunately my game keeps crashing now with an 'Invalid Pointer' message during the turn resolution, music playing and soft-lock requiring a task manager close. This game is so damnably frustrating to play with these crashes, all the more tragic as there is a great game hiding in there somewhere.
Ruinous: Apparently it updated to 1.6.5 without me noticing. Unfortunately my game keeps crashing now with an 'Invalid Pointer' message during the turn resolution, music playing and soft-lock requiring a task manager close. This game is so damnably frustrating to play with these crashes, all the more tragic as there is a great game hiding in there somewhere.
Yes, I noticed that the unofficial download link [url=http://78.46.134.138:5080/updates/inline]http://78.46.134.138:5080/updates/inline[/url]/ has 1.6.5 even though the Snowbird site does not have any news about 1.6.5.

The fact that your game is now MORE crashy than before, is bad news.

Even worse: GOG.com does NOT have the relatively stable 1.6.1 version for download anymore!!! I am not sure I have a backup copy locally of 1.6.1.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....................
Ruinous: Unfortunately my game keeps crashing now with an 'Invalid Pointer' message during the turn resolution,
gscotti: The fact that your game is now MORE crashy than before, is bad news.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....................
I can't believe it, again a patch to make the game worst.
Poor Bokulev :(
Never mind
Post edited May 04, 2016 by Thorfinn
Gremlion: Poor Bokulev :(
Who is that?

By the way, for what it's worth, I haven't had any crashes in this one game, yet.
Gremlion: Poor Bokulev :(
gscotti: Who is that?
gscotti, you're going to Hell for that! ;-)

Alexey Bokulev is the creator of Eador: Genesis.
He coded everything himself, and I think he also did the graphics? (Gremlion, is that true?)
He was also a consultant for MotBW (which must have broken his heart).

Regards.
Post edited May 04, 2016 by Boon952
gscotti: Who is that?
Boon952: gscotti, you're going to Hell for that! ;-)

Alexey Bokulev is the creator of Eador: Genesis.
He coded everything himself, and I think he also did the graphics? (Gremlion, is that true?)
He was also a consultant for MotBW (which must have broken his heart).

Regards.
Thank you. I was ignorant, but not deliberately. Maybe I'll avoid hell? BTW, my version of hell would be to play MotBW on a huge shard/map in the latter part of the game when crashes happen every turn, and trying to finish it.

(Also, I don't believe in an afterlife.)
Managed to continue from restarting another shard. Fingers crossed it won't start crashing again.

Has Bokulev been involved in the development of other games? He seems to be a talent worth keeping an eye on.
Ruinous: Managed to continue from restarting another shard. Fingers crossed it won't start crashing again.

Has Bokulev been involved in the development of other games? He seems to be a talent worth keeping an eye on.
"Gremlins, INC" on steam (multiplayer game, uses steam for matchmaking)