It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I can confirm this so far. Running on Win7 64bit, Hard Mode, since the latest patch 1.20, fast travel or load 'Old town' by night is working fine, in the second, 'day comes' or fast traveling / entering after mission at day will crash immediately. The game never crashed like this prior to 1.20. Any other area (Slums, Followers) seems to work fine.
So I'm trying a rollback to 1.19 now

Update: Rollback to 1.19 seems to have solved the problem. Good thing I always keep my backup installation files.
Post edited October 12, 2019 by andreas.scholz
CatGog2017: Sometimes I could get in if I changed to nightmare which proves it's not an installation issue. I even re-installed 1.20 just to be sure. The only way I can get in without issues is to roll back to 1.19.

Thank god for GOG or I wouldn't even be abl to do that. Steam, never again.
doublecheeseburger: How do you roll back on GOG?

Also I have 266MB of dump files
From the GOG Screen on the Dying Light Game choose the Blue button More, then click on the radio button section below OVERRIDE FEATURES to the version you want, in this case 1.19.0

Enjoy a crash free expereience thereafter, than God or GOG
AlphaLoneWolf: I've tried something new : to reach Old Town by night. It works ! (in Nightmare mode).
In my case, even Old Town works by night, when a new day rises, game crashes immediately.
Yesterday I've send a big report to Support. For information, the response today : Thank you for your feedback - it has been forwarded to the dev team for further investigation. As soon as we have more information about the issue and potential solutions, we will let you know. It is also possible that upcoming patches will address the issue you have been experiencing. Lastly, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

The report contains my System (CPU, RAM, Graphic Card + optimization's parameters, DL version + DLC, OS, Platform used for the game...), I've made a crash in game then joined the 3 files created after this crash, last :
> crash_2019...... .log from ..\DyingLight\out\logs
> 6.2019.0926........ .dmp from ..\GOG Galaxy\Games\Dying Light\DW\Out\dumps
> DxDiag.txt file like they asked in Customer and Technical Support Information here :
dyinglight.support.techland.pl/en/support/solutions/articles/15000009910-customer-and-technical-support-inform ation-

And description of all my tests :

Since patch 1.20, by day, fast travel to "Old Town" crash the game.
Since patch 1.20, by day, try to load directly "Old Town" from Locations ("New Analya Apartments", "Parking Lot", "Striped Dragon Hotel"...) crash the game.
Always a little quick loading, press "Space", then back to Windows.

By night it's ok. I load "Old Town" and I encounter Biters, Night Walkers, Volatiles and Night Hunters (I forgot to test Bolters sorry).

But if enter "Old Town" by night, then when the day comes, the city is a little empty:

1. I can't find Toads, Goons, Demolishers, Rais' Men and their Air Drops. No Human Group attacked by one of them is calling me to help. I have search many days, every city's corner. I've try to sleep, and to not sleep.

2. I only encounter Biters, Gas Tank (yellow and white), Virals, Bombers, Screamers. I encounter Rais' Men, those by 2 3 4 of them that are around dead corpses without Air Drops). I encounter GRE mercenaries too, and some humans who wants to kill me. And I can help some isolated humans fighting normal Biters.

Harran and The Following seems to be ok, days and nights.

Game repair/verify (GOG procedure), same problems.
Game reinstall on another HDD, same problems.
All Microsoft Visual C++ modules repair, reinstall, same problems.
NVIDIA optimisation deactivated, same problems.

Back to patch 1.19 ?
Game ok ! No crash for all of us... but unfortunatly we can't participate to event(s).

If some of us have some time to loose and can do the same things, I think it could help them... ;)
Post edited October 14, 2019 by AlphaLoneWolf
SO.... before next patch.
There is conflict between patch 1.20 and DLC Prison (DLC39) and maybe DLC The Folowing (DLC17).
(duplicate object names in main game and DLC - Gasmask Demolisher and some other stuff)
I think Gasmask Demolisher appear only in Old Town at day and in crash in that,
If you remowe DLC Prison (folder DW_DLC39) all new content will appear, and no more crash in Old Town, show new stuff new monsters and new category in menu (all new features from 1.20 patch).
Czoda: SO.... before next patch.
There is conflict between patch 1.20 and DLC Prison (DLC39) and maybe DLC The Folowing (DLC17).
(duplicate object names in main game and DLC - Gasmask Demolisher and some other stuff)
If you remowe DLC Prison (folder DW_DLC39) all new content will appear, and no more crash in Old Town, show new stuff new monsters and new category in menu (all new features from 1.20 patch).
That is some interesting information. I've been in contact with Falran from GoG-support about this matter providing some savegames to reproduce the crash. I just got confirmation, that they where able to reproduce the issue and escalated it forward to the Product Team.

I'm going to send your info with my open ticket regarding this issue, maybe it helps them to get this resolved faster.

Thanks for digging into it.
Czoda: SO.... before next patch.
Can confirm this has allowed me to enter Old Town. You can also just rename the "DW_DLC39" if you want to be able to enable the Prison DLC easily.
I can also confirm that renaming the DW_DLC39 folder will fix the guaranteed crash loading to Old Town, thank you very much. Thought I wasn't going to be able to continue, hopefully I can finish the game with no issues now...
No problem now with patch 1.21 (at least for me).
And patch 1.22 for the new event is coming.
AlphaLoneWolf: No problem now with patch 1.21 (at least for me).
And patch 1.22 for the new event is coming.
hmm, I still can only download 1.20 ... where did you get 1.21 from? It's not available from the offline download.
andreas.scholz: hmm, I still can only download 1.20 ... where did you get 1.21 from? It's not available from the offline download.
Available through GOG Galaxy. Not sure when GOG will update the offline installer files.
who whant to play?