It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Since the last update (1.20), the game often crash when playing online with a friend.

Crashes triggers:
- join a session
- a player is joining my session
- pick up an item (a rope)
- passing the night by sleeping

We don't manage to play more than 2 minutes with each other, and I didn't try yet to play it alone.

EDIT: I tried alone, and the game crash when i try to fast travel to the second area (old city)
Post edited October 06, 2019 by orionewton
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
It seems to be an online related bug. As long as I don't know what the latest patch changed, it is only a wild guess. I played the game in singleplayer mode without any problems.
Post edited October 03, 2019 by Mythbuster
Still the same, it appears it's the loading of the "old town" map that crash the game.
If my spawn is in, it crash after the main title, and if i try to go there (fast travel or by the sewers), it crash the same way.

Not to mention i already passed few hours since i came to this part of the game and i don't intend to reload an old save.
Post edited October 06, 2019 by orionewton
My friends and I are also having this crashing issue. It does appear to be related to trying to load into Old Town. Strange thing is that we were able to load into the area about a week ago and I don't think there were any patches/updates since then.

Edit: Derp, I'm dumb. The 1.20 update came out last week and that's roughly when the trouble began
Post edited October 07, 2019 by doublecheeseburger
This is happening to me too, a just reached old town 2 days ago was fine but today a tried to play and the game crash when trying to load the game in the old town.
I contact the Techland support, here what they ask me to do so far:

The issue may be connected with some of the MS Visual C++ being corrupted or missing.
Re-install the latest packets, please. Official Microsoft Visual C++ 2013

Additionally, update your .NET Framework

Please note, however, that Windows® 10 is not officially supported by Dying Light, as the game had been created earlier and supports 64-bit Windows® 7/8/8.1.

You can also try re-installing the game, making sure you have deleted any files related to Dying Light, such as C:\Users\USER_NAME\My Documents\DyingLight.

Unplug any external devices, such as a camera, from your USB ports, please. See if the game launches correctly after that.

Additionally, try downgrading your video driver version to an older one, please. The latest video drivers are not fully compatible with older games, such as Dying Light (2015).

The 1. didn't do anything, and i still didn't try the 2.
Post edited October 09, 2019 by orionewton
new suggestions:

Consult all of the following points, please:

1. If your devices (video card, CPU) are over-clocked, set them to their defaults, please.
2. Re-install your video drivers (with a clean installation option, please).
3. Close all unnecessary applications working in the background before running the game and check whether your anti-virus or other software blocks certain apps, such as Steam or games.
4. Verify the integrity of game cache from Steam.
5. Check your PSU for wear and tear signs.
6. See if the game works correctly under a new Windows User Profile, please.
7. Try launching the game from a new save file - your previous save data might have become corrupted.
8. If the problem persists, try re-installing your Windows OS, please.

my answer:
1. I'm not overclocking
2. already done
3. same
4. i'm on GoG, and reinstall the game yesterday following your instructions
5. all clear, i don't think this is an hard-ware problem, all my others games works correctly.
6. same
7. i can start a new game, but it would require to play few hours to come to the old town and see if the problem is still here.
8. no way i'm gonna do that.
Game crash when i tried to go to Old Town too, in Nightmare and Hard mode. But i can reach Old Town from Brecken's Tower and play in Old Town if the game is in Normal mode.
Same thing for my father (72 years old lol) in Normal mode : the game crash when he tries to reach Old Town.

So I've launch my game too, and tonight Normal mode don't work anymore, crash like all other modes.
I've tried something new : to reach Old Town by night. It works ! (in Nightmare mode).
Attachments:
dl-crash.jpg (334 Kb)
Post edited October 09, 2019 by AlphaLoneWolf
Tried reaching Old Town again, but it still crashes.

I can't try the night method as I'm still doing The Saviours quest so it locks it to day time.
orionewton: Since the last update (1.20), the game often crash when playing online with a friend.

Crashes triggers:
- join a session
- a player is joining my session
- pick up an item (a rope)
- passing the night by sleeping

We don't manage to play more than 2 minutes with each other, and I didn't try yet to play it alone.

EDIT: I tried alone, and the game crash when i try to fast travel to the second area (old city)
Sometimes I could get in if I changed to nightmare which proves it's not an installation issue. I even re-installed 1.20 just to be sure. The only way I can get in without issues is to roll back to 1.19.

Thank god for GOG or I wouldn't even be abl to do that. Steam, never again.
To all who had this problem, chaeck out your game folder: Dying Light\DW\Out\dumps
I had 500 Mo of dumps files, that's quite heavy
CatGog2017: Sometimes I could get in if I changed to nightmare which proves it's not an installation issue. I even re-installed 1.20 just to be sure. The only way I can get in without issues is to roll back to 1.19.

Thank god for GOG or I wouldn't even be abl to do that. Steam, never again.
How do you roll back on GOG?

Also I have 266MB of dump files
So it works for me to go to Old Town by night. But... when the day come, the city is a little "empty". I find no Goon, no Demolisher, no Rais' Men and their Drops.

..\Dying Light\DW\Out\dumps
actually 270 Mo, 8 crash reports

Reverse on 1.19 [ /!\ if you do that, you can't participate to events /!\ ]
To do it (sorry i don't have GOG in english, it's "my" translation) :
More > Parameters
Unlock autoupdate, old versions are now open
Click on 1.19.0 / 2 months
Post edited October 10, 2019 by AlphaLoneWolf