It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

yeah when i click the button to "install" fx it opens a new tab and does nothing. i checked both on chrome downloads and file explorer it installs nothing
._.snaze._.: yeah when i click the button to "install" fx it opens a new tab and does nothing. i checked both on chrome downloads and file explorer it installs nothing
'Installing' should open a file browser, so you can select the folder where you have DK installed to copy the files from.
If for some weird reason the launcher does not work for you, you can copy the files by hand. They are listed here: https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/wiki/Launcher-Application
ok it did download something but the instructions don't make sense to me, what am i supposed to do now
Tell us which part of the instructions don't make sense so we can explain the step.
To keep it simple:

1) Download
2) Install
3) Play
Loobinex: Tell us which part of the instructions don't make sense so we can explain the step.
To keep it simple:

1) Download
2) Install
3) Play
yeah it installed a keeperfx 7z file but i can't open it what am i supposed to do
Loobinex: Tell us which part of the instructions don't make sense so we can explain the step.
To keep it simple:

1) Download
2) Install
3) Play
._.snaze._.: yeah it installed a keeperfx 7z file but i can't open it what am i supposed to do
Open it with 7zip. It's like winrar for this century.

https://www.7-zip.org/
Hi,

The Settings popout under fullscreen / Windowed / Mixed suggests that in Windowed Mode, mouse settings may need editing to prevent the window swallowing the cursor and being 'unable to release it':

- 'where' am I supposed to edit the mouse-settings, and 'what edit'?

- the GOG version of DK Gold is a DosBox implimentation, from which a keystroke comnbination is supposed to release a cursor. But this does not work for the KeeperFX version, seemingly. Is their a 'release' combo, as otherwise I have to quit the game - not ideal.

- The 'modern' resolutions offered are great, but I wonder if there is an option to 'increase the overall viisble area' on-screen at once, in-game? This would reduce the total amount of manic scrolling/clicking in and out of the map/zooming required. I guess this could be seen as a 'bit of a cheat', but as a quality of life improvement, I am suprrised if it's not been added 'somewhere'.

Thanks, Team.
ok so i have 7zip and tried to extract the file to a folder but it doesnt work, it just repeats the same thing: Cannot create file folder. i've already tried the mirror versions from the keeperklan page (and the original but clicking it does nothing), now what?
NVM i got everything to work as it should and it looks great! :)
._.snaze._.: NVM i got everything to work as it should and it looks great! :)
A day early. Today the new version is out. But I assume you tried to extract to a folder you had no rights,...
Thanks to @Loobinex very kindly informing me of the update, I have added a link to the latest KeeperFX 0.4.9 Complete and revised the installation instructions.

Cheers!
Post edited June 27, 2022 by devilhood
Hi Everyone. I'm new to KeeperFX. I got it running great and surprisingly runs smooth on my older laptop as well. Is there any way to add it as a non-GOG game so I can launch it from there, instead of a shortcut on my desktop?

Also those annoying tooltips...lol...I know there is a hotkey to turn off the ones where you hover over them. But the others with the i" symbol that flash rapidly, is there any way to stop those from appearing? Or is that all hardcoded?

Also what about support for Deeper Dungeons? I don't see that on the list of levels to play.
WarpedTrekker: Hi Everyone. I'm new to KeeperFX. I got it running great and surprisingly runs smooth on my older laptop as well. Is there any way to add it as a non-GOG game so I can launch it from there, instead of a shortcut on my desktop?

Also those annoying tooltips...lol...I know there is a hotkey to turn off the ones where you hover over them. But the others with the i" symbol that flash rapidly, is there any way to stop those from appearing? Or is that all hardcoded?

Also what about support for Deeper Dungeons? I don't see that on the list of levels to play.
You can't turn off the information messages, you can press the new shortcut key to quickly close them.

And yes, Deeper Dungeons are inside the Free Play levels. I don't know how you could miss them, they are at the top. If you have 0.4.9 they are in a 'Deeper Dungeons' folder inside free play levels, if you have an older version it's the only levels that are bundled.
Hi all I've been trying to get keerfx for years now but I All ways keep getting the same thing when I give file location for install it says I'm missing all kinds of files ie data/whitepal.col
grubnz: Hi all I've been trying to get keerfx for years now but I All ways keep getting the same thing when I give file location for install it says I'm missing all kinds of files ie data/whitepal.col
You could have asked on the keeperklan discord, we would have helped you out. I figure you already tried the basic installation steps?

1) Install GOG DK
2) Extract KeeperFX to a different folder
3) Run Launcher.exe from the keeperfx directory and press 'Install'
4) Point the launcher to where you installed GOG DK, so it copies the missing files over
-> Press play to play

If at step 4 you are getting told it can't find the files, there must be some weird rights issues going on for you. But if your computer does not allow the launcher to install the game for you, you can still do it by hand. Simply go into your gog folder, find the files the launcher is looking for, and copy them to the exact same place in your keeperfx directory.

The files it copies are listed here: https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/wiki/Launcher-Application
doctorcloudbase: Hi,

The Settings popout under fullscreen / Windowed / Mixed suggests that in Windowed Mode, mouse settings may need editing to prevent the window swallowing the cursor and being 'unable to release it':

1) 'where' am I supposed to edit the mouse-settings, and 'what edit'?

2) the GOG version of DK Gold is a DosBox implimentation, from which a keystroke comnbination is supposed to release a cursor. But this does not work for the KeeperFX version, seemingly. Is their a 'release' combo, as otherwise I have to quit the game - not ideal.

3) The 'modern' resolutions offered are great, but I wonder if there is an option to 'increase the overall viisble area' on-screen at once, in-game? This would reduce the total amount of manic scrolling/clicking in and out of the map/zooming required. I guess this could be seen as a 'bit of a cheat', but as a quality of life improvement, I am suprrised if it's not been added 'somewhere'.

Thanks, Team.
Late response but:
1) in your keeperfx directory you can edit keeperfx.cfg with a text editor to change settings. You can also use launcher.exe for many of them.
2) in keeperfx.cfg you will find mouse release settings. Using 'altinput' command line (or from run options in the launcher) will always have your mouse released. Altinput used to suck, but with the new versions it just works.
3) Zooming out more was always an obvious feature, but we were limited by what could be rendered. We still were shackled by the original game. In KeeperFX 0.5.0 you can zoom out more. In any future versions after that there will be no limitations of the original game at all.
Post edited January 31, 2023 by Loobinex