It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Any way to unlock 60 FPS?

It seems the mouse is locked at 30 FPS which makes it really janky to control.
No, KeeperFX, like dungeon keeper, the frames per second are linked to game speed. Which is 20 per second.
You can actually set it to 60 fps, by running the game with the -fps 60 command line option, but that makes everything go 3 times as fast.

If your mouse feels janky, you could probably download this and put it into your game directory:
https://github.com/elishacloud/dinputto8/releases

Let me know if that fixes it for you.
devilhood, could you update the first post to link to the latest version: 0.4.8. The 'Unofficial' name has been dropped.
does this still get the freeze/crash on "complicated" dungeon paths or no????
EDIT: wow just read its fixed congrats!!
Post edited September 27, 2020 by ProMeTheus112
Indeed. Very happy with that.
Loobinex: devilhood, could you update the first post to link to the latest version: 0.4.8. The 'Unofficial' name has been dropped.
No problemo. Done! Great work on the latest release.
devilhood: Install instructions:

1) Install KeeperFX directly over your GOG Games\Dungeon Keeper Gold folder.
Sorry but I'm confused, D: the downloadable on the link is not an installer but folders and files, and have folders with same name as original except in caps (save etc) creating duplicates within the same game folder?
devilhood: Install instructions:

1) Install KeeperFX directly over your GOG Games\Dungeon Keeper Gold folder.
Gamarleton: Sorry but I'm confused, D: the downloadable on the link is not an installer but folders and files, and have folders with same name as original except in caps (save etc) creating duplicates within the same game folder?
No, usually with something like this you would want to overwrite the files when prompted.
Gamarleton: Sorry but I'm confused, D: the downloadable on the link is not an installer but folders and files, and have folders with same name as original except in caps (save etc) creating duplicates within the same game folder?
abbayarra: No, usually with something like this you would want to overwrite the files when prompted.
So then I have to delete the old ones? Considering they won't overwrite if the name is different (SAVE and saves etc)
abbayarra: No, usually with something like this you would want to overwrite the files when prompted.
Gamarleton: So then I have to delete the old ones? Considering they won't overwrite if the name is different (SAVE and saves etc)
Yet another reason why KeeperFX readme simply says 'extract to any folder' and then use the launcher to copy a few required files over from your install-directory.

But I believed the issue with the Uppercase folders had since been addressed. KeeperFX is all lowercase now right? Are you sure you're installing KeeperFX 0.4.8?
If you do for some reason want to keep the old version, or there still is some issue with different folder names, it would be probably easiest to rename the keeperfx folders to lowercase before you copy them into your GOG directory. Or just following the KeeperFX instructions of course.

EDIT:
devilhood, I see you're linking to the 0.4.7U version on github in the OP, instead of 0.4.8, so people might accidentally download old versions. Which could lead to the issue above.
Here's a better github link:
https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/releases
Post edited October 23, 2020 by Loobinex
Gamarleton: So then I have to delete the old ones? Considering they won't overwrite if the name is different (SAVE and saves etc)
Loobinex: Yet another reason why KeeperFX readme simply says 'extract to any folder' and then use the launcher to copy a few required files over from your install-directory.

But I believed the issue with the Uppercase folders had since been addressed. KeeperFX is all lowercase now right? Are you sure you're installing KeeperFX 0.4.8?
If you do for some reason want to keep the old version, or there still is some issue with different folder names, it would be probably easiest to rename the keeperfx folders to lowercase before you copy them into your GOG directory. Or just following the KeeperFX instructions of course.
I see. I will do it like this.
And well the Keeper FX folders were lower case, but the original GOG game folder was upper case for some reason.
But I'm sure if I move some gog files over it will be fine.

Thank you for clarifying!
Thank you very much for this MOD and good music this *BROKENNES TRIO" by the way :-)
Greetings
Getting some bizarre bugs that I didn't get with much older versions.
Firstly the menu sounds tend to lean on not working (I say sounds but really it's just the *click* whenever you push a menu button anywhere).
Then I find that the audio for some sound effects, like marking where to dig, cuts off really early.
That alone I could live with but what I couldn't is how the game crashes & hangs on audio after crashing.
the error given is:
"Runtime Error! R6028 - unable to initialize heap"
I've tried every version of KeeperFX except the unofficial Alpha, and I'm somewhat at a loss of what to do.

Edit: In the interest of being thorough, I tried playing a totally clean Dosbox install, and precisely none of the earlier issues are present.
Edit Edit: It's entirely possible if not likely that it's because I (unfortunately) own and use an Asus Xonar Sound Card, specifically DG. Throwing hardware at this might be the only solution.
Post edited January 30, 2021 by VirFamiliae
Indeed, the error seems to be related to sound cards, it is included it in the FAQ.

If the listed solution does not work, you could try the 0.4.9 Test version here, that works with SDL2 (compared to the regular SDL of the 0.4.8 release and older versions), perhaps that one handles your sound card better.
Post edited February 01, 2021 by Loobinex
Appreciate the help, but no dice.

As I previously said it just looks like I'm gonna have to swap this bastard out one day. Oh well.

Edit: NEVER MIND.

This is embarrassing, but I didn't notice that "GX Mode" was enabled in the audio center. Disable that, and everything is rosy. Needless to say I feel more than a little foolish. Thanks to ye lads.
Post edited February 02, 2021 by VirFamiliae