It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Done, done and done. You missed a second reference I had to "Nightly" patch :) But I removed it.

Thank you for your thoroughness Loobinex. Much appreciated!
Thanks.
Although I would still just extract KeeperFX to a separate folder, and point the launcher towards it to install it properly. That way you have two separate folders (and you're even free to uninstall the gog version).

You also mention TAB to toggle the GUI, but keep in mind that this is one of the interface changes in the alpha's, it's Ctrl+TAB now because so many people ask where there gui went. Here is a full list of new controls.
You'll also note that zooming and scrolling is just done with the mouse scroll wheel. Everywhere.
Daminite: Im getting this error

[spoiler]
Dungeon Keeper FX ver 0.4.6.1752 (standard release)
LOG CREATED @ 17:32:46 13-11-2015

Sync: LbMouseChangeMoveRatio: New ratio 256x256
Error: LbScreenInitialize: SDL init: No available video device
Error: In source LbBullfrogMain:
1 - Basic engine initialization failed.
[/spoiler]

What does it mean
Daminite: Im getting this error

Error: LbScreenInitialize: SDL init: No available video device
mefistotelis: You don't have DirectX.
Use launcher to change video output of the game to "windib".
I had the same issue, same exact error. And Like Daminite, I also have DirectX 11. Even tried to install DirectX from Micorsoft's installer (just in case) and says that I have the latest version. So yeah.... But despite that, changing the video output to "windib" made KeeperFX finally work. Not sure why it wasn't detecting my video device, but at least it's working now with this workaround.
I think I successfully installed this, but now the intro movie is a much smaller resolution than it was before and I'm not sure I put in the music correctly.

Managed to get it working with someone else's assistance.
Post edited February 08, 2020 by Queenofdragons6
The link to the latin speech in the OP is broken.
Loobinex: The link to the latin speech in the OP is broken.
It is now fixed! :-)
New player to FX here and I have an issue with saving my game. I can select a save game file and enter a file name, but then the enter button does not seem to respond. There's no issue for the high-score entry in post game though, here it works fine.

Managed to get through the first couple of Ancient Keeper levels but it's been quite stressful..Thank you to anyone who might have a solution for this!
Did you rebind something to 'Enter' in the define key menu by any chance?
Loobinex: Did you rebind something to 'Enter' in the define key menu by any chance?
Cheers for the reply. Nope, but I did check there and 'enter isn't assigned to anything..
Loobinex: Did you rebind something to 'Enter' in the define key menu by any chance?
rselfy123: Cheers for the reply. Nope, but I did check there and 'enter isn't assigned to anything..
Then why don't you hit me up in the #tech-support channel on the keeperklan discord server

EDIT: It turned out to be a keyboard layout that did not match the physical keyboard.
Post edited April 28, 2020 by Loobinex
Works like a charm !

Thank you so much !
Post edited May 21, 2020 by MathiasM
If one were terrible at dungeon keeper and played with modified gold values and spell values per the og creature.txt how might they replicate that with keeperfx since it doesn't use creature.txt?

Edit: The answer is rules.cfg and magic.cfg. I had spent a half hour trying my google fu before posting this when I found a thread from 2014. Oh sweet sweet timing.
Post edited April 28, 2020 by ogichi17
There's also a config file for each and every unit in the \creatrs\ folder, all in all there's much more settings to configure.
If you play with a recent alpha build, there's even more choice, you could change how the creature spells themselves work and you can for example also configure your gas trap to have a slowing effect and your alarm trap to shoot fireballs instead.
So i have DK gold but for some reason if i search my computer i cant seem to find any files.... am i playing it off GOG server? I have your keeperfx i tried just opening launcher.... it does not see the files. So im kinda at lose at this moment with what to do?

FORGET IT!!!! found it on another drive im a dumb ass.

Well got it working except i have no sound....

Damn think i proper screwed myself i dont have my save game anymore... mistakes where made
Post edited May 03, 2020 by Saladid
I don't know why you have no sound, you should have sound. If your sound is not muted, you have not configured the game to play without sound, and your volume is turned up, you can share a log file, perhaps it identifies your problem.

And KeeperFX is not compatible with the original save games, so a good way is to install KeeperFX before you start the campaign, or after you end it. However, you can also use the -level command line option to start at a specific campaign level, and make a new save like that.