It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi there,
I am very new here, I am currently trying to get my Dungeon Keeper works, but I cant get the resolution properly working, I have seen these youtube videos where theys have big distance of dungeon and smooth graphics. All I have is lagy game, lagy cursor, small screen and no "3d" or "direct3d-like" graphics I can seen on those youtoube vids.

I have both original and GOG keeper gold version, on both I tried KeeperFX 0.4.6 but I really dont know why I always have this basic game resolution like I played the original instalation alone.
Sorry if I cant make myself clear, I put the printscreen of video where the game resolution is just what I like, and the second screenshot from my game.

I would be very happy if anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong.
Attachments:
goodres.jpg (177 Kb)
myres.jpg (263 Kb)
Hi. I just recently downloaded this and cannot seem to get KeeperFX to work properly. I downloaded it, and seemingly put everything in the right folder. But when I boot up the installer, the buttons are cut off, and when I open menus to adjust the resolution from the installer, they boxes are cut off and I can't properly adjust it. Additionally, I can't seem to get KeeperFX to launch from GOG, it keeps going back to DosBox. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
If you have trouble with the launcher, you can easily edit keeperfx.cfg manually, with a simple text editor like notepad.
Also, you can run KeeperFX.exe directly and it will not launch DK-GOG.
smudlanudla: Hi there,
I am very new here, I am currently trying to get my Dungeon Keeper works, but I cant get the resolution properly working, I have seen these youtube videos where theys have big distance of dungeon and smooth graphics. All I have is lagy game, lagy cursor, small screen and no "3d" or "direct3d-like" graphics I can seen on those youtoube vids.

I have both original and GOG keeper gold version, on both I tried KeeperFX 0.4.6 but I really dont know why I always have this basic game resolution like I played the original instalation alone.
Sorry if I cant make myself clear, I put the printscreen of video where the game resolution is just what I like, and the second screenshot from my game.

I would be very happy if anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong.
anyone know how to get an online game working with someone on windows and someone on MAC??
can you explain this in a way a complete idiot with computers can understand because my computer says KeeperFX is downloaded but when i play the game it is choppy and the graphics are absolute garbage. i have no idea how to have the game work with graphics i can see something other than coloured blocks.
1) Install Dungeon Keeper GOG
2) Download KeeperFX
3) Extract KeeperFX
4) Run the launcher.exe from the KeeperFX folder
5) Press Install and navigate towards the GOG folder to install KeeperFX
6) Change the screen resolution in the launcher to something that resembles your own PC.
7) Click 'Start Game'

Optionally you can copy the music files from the GOG folder to the KeeperFX folder, and in the launcher from 'Run Options' select 'Music files instead of CD' to have the music play.
Loobinex: 1) Install Dungeon Keeper GOG
2) Download KeeperFX
3) Extract KeeperFX
4) Run the launcher.exe from the KeeperFX folder
5) Press Install and navigate towards the GOG folder to install KeeperFX
6) Change the screen resolution in the launcher to something that resembles your own PC.
7) Click 'Start Game'

Optionally you can copy the music files from the GOG folder to the KeeperFX folder, and in the launcher from 'Run Options' select 'Music files instead of CD' to have the music play.
does it work on OS?
No, you'll need wine.
Okay, followed the steps to the letter, none of the resolution options work when I press Ctrl+R. I am stuck in my little box and getting very frustraited hitting my head against such a simple wall. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Are you pressing Alt+R while ingame? So not the menu, not the overworld, not paused, simply on a map.
Are you sure you edited the correct KeeperFX.cfg, so the one inside the folder of the keeperfx.exe you actually launch?

If so, please start the game, press Ctrl+R a few times, exit, and share the log file here.
Loobinex: Are you pressing Alt+R while ingame? So not the menu, not the overworld, not paused, simply on a map.
Are you sure you edited the correct KeeperFX.cfg, so the one inside the folder of the keeperfx.exe you actually launch?

If so, please start the game, press Ctrl+R a few times, exit, and share the log file here.
Yup. Tried all those things. Decided to stop worrying about it and just enjoy the game as is. Thank you though
KeeperFX Unofficial 0.4.7 has been released. See here.

There's many changes and fixes over the last KeeperFX Unofficial version (which already had many updates compared to the latest official release from years ago). Some of the highlights are:

- When playing 1player maps, instead of always the same bad computer opponent, you'll now get randomly assigned one of the better computer opponents.
- New possibilities for mapmakers to make more complex maps and campaigns. It's now possible for early levels to have an impact on later levels.
- New cinematic (that plays when you get the torture minigame) and new sounds

For questions or feedback go to the Keeperklan forum or the Keeperklan Discord

When the forums are down, a download mirror can always be found on github.
Download KeeperFX 0.4.7U here:
https://github.com/Loobinex/keeperfx-unofficial/releases/download/v1913/keeperfx_unofficial_0_4_7_complete.7z
Post edited November 18, 2019 by Loobinex
Thanks, KeeperFX works well on Win 7 64-bit.

Got up to Tulipscent in vanilla Dungeon Keeper and was getting frustrated with various things, finally decided to try KeeperFX, installed it, used the level skip function (Ctrl + F10 when -alex is added to the target path in the shortcut of KeeperFX) and got back to where I was. Working great so far.
To let everyone know, I have updated the main post to reflect the latest version of KeeperFX, as my link was still pointing to the now discontinued 0.4.6 version.

Hope everyone is still having fun commanding imps!
Thank you. Especially important that you stopped linking to the official nightlies as they break the game.

The contributions of spartahawk have since dried up for well over a year as well, but I try to keep development going. There have been some mayor changes on the way to 0.4.8 already, the pathfinding bug is fixed, keepers now better know how to design dungeons, new control/ui options, Call to Arms works better, enemy keepers can now use all spells, word of power traps redesigned, a fear system is reworked and re-implemented.

EDIT:

Troubleshooting:

The latest nightly build may complain about missing DLL dependencies.
To fix these issues, you should download and copy the
FFmpeg 32-bit shared libraries, along with
SDL_mixer 2.0 into your Dungeon Keeper 2 folder.
This part is not applicable anymore.

Also, instead of the readme, better link to the FAQ, that's newer: https://github.com/dkfans/keeperfx/wiki/Troubleshooting

2) OPTIONAL: Extract the latest nightly patch into the same location. Overwrite any existing files.
If you take a 'nightly patch' and use it on KeeperFX Unofficial, you'll break the game. Use the Unofficial Alpha builds or nothing at all. All the functional nightly patches are already included in the complete Unofficial release anyway.

Do not change the menu resolution from the launcher.exe or the FRONTEND_RES in the keeperfx.cfg. It should always be set to 640x480x32 otherwise you will experience problems with the campaign map screen.

You can specify in-game screen resolutions in the keeperfx.cfg file. I have mine set to:

; List of in-game resolutions. ALT+R will switch between them.
INGAME_RES=640x480x32 1024x768x32 1280x720x32

KeeperFX works best when the screen resolution is set to 640x480x32. Higher resolutions can be choppy and unstable unless you have a decent rig.
This hasn't been true for a long time. Feel free to set the MOVIES, MENU and INGAME resolutions to your native/desktop resolution.
Post edited February 02, 2020 by Loobinex