It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Anyone know what's up with:

Error: LbScreenSwap: Blit failed: DirectDrawSurface3::Lock: Surface was lost

Game launches, then it's a 95% black screen with a small distorted (sometimes blinky) image in the top left. I thought maybe it had something to do with running multiple monitors, but it still did it even after disabling them.
Post edited March 15, 2015 by ThumbtackJake
ThumbtackJake: Anyone know what's up with:
Error: LbScreenSwap: Blit failed: DirectDrawSurface3::Lock: Surface was lost
It would be better to open a separate thread for this.

Anyway, you have problems with DirectX - either your drivers or DX version are faulty, or another program is continously interfering with the game.

As a quick WA, change video driving method in KeeperFX launcher.
am I the only person having problem downloading? I already tried multiple times and it always stops before the end (once it reached 400Mb I almost fell lucky) and the server does not support resuming...

Managed, but I probably used 5-6 Gb of the server bandwith...
Post edited March 28, 2015 by etb
Is there somewhere a list of all mechanical changes (e.g., Power Word now does damage) ?
Post edited March 29, 2015 by etb
Ugh. Well, after muscling my way through the installation process by trial and error and a great deal of confusion as to whether or not I needed an ISO or the files within the secretly hidden ISO in the GoG installation. And THEN I had to figure out what the guide meant by 'install directly over' and whether that meant just extracting the files directly into the game folder or extracting them to a different folder and then using the launcher to 'install' to the game folder. Then I had to figure out if I was supposed to put the patch over the seperate FX files or in the game folder. Overall, this guides terminology is MUCH less confusing when the download link to the actual installer works.

So now that launching the game actually does something, I find that changing the resolution causes a crash on startup, and changing nothing results in a mostly blank screen with weird lines pressed into a tiny corner.

I give up. I'm just gonna play WftO like some nerd.

EDIT: Seems the game will work if I edit the CFG file and set it to windowed mode. Who knew, right?
Post edited April 06, 2015 by Ranokin
People who follow the instructions in the OP will have problems. Version 0.4.6 has been released, so if you download full version 0.4.5 and update it with a nightly build from version 0.4.6 you have corrupted your game.

To get a fully working KeeperFX game:

1. Download from . Use the [url=https://mega.co.nz/#!hdMHCAbY!x_rOKyHcI43GN9ManzAPD1wbH1Gm1OhjmI_Flr9DoeU]mega-link.
2. Extract the archive and run launcher.exe
3. Click the 'installation' button and select the 'Keeper' folder from the Gog release or from your original CD

Optional: Click 'Settings' and set your preferred screen resolution and language.

Press 'Start Game' to run the game

Music
No need for anything complicated, the latest version plays the ogg files from the /music folder.
1. In the launcher.exe click 'Run options'
2. Click 'Music files instead of CD'
3. Copy the music files from the GOG release to the /music folder in the KeeperFX folder.

Notes
* Installing a game by overwriting a different folder is asking for problems.
* When you're having troubles with KeeperFX, there is a KeeperFX community forum at KeeperKlan.com which is also monitored by the developer.
* There are nightly builds available, but these are generally untested. Try them if you want the latest features, if you run into a problem with it, check the issue list if it has been reported and update to a new nightly when it has been fixed.
Post edited August 21, 2015 by Loobinex
Loobinex: People who follow the instructions in the OP will have problems. Version 0.4.6 has been released, so if you download full version 0.4.5 and update it with a nightly build from version 0.4.6 you have corrupted your game.

To get a fully working KeeperFX game:

1. Download from here: keeper.lubiki.pl/html/dk_keeperfx_dwnld.php. Use the mega-link.
2. Extract the archive and run launcher.exe
3. Click the 'installation' button and select the 'Keeper' folder from the Gog release or from your original CD

Optional: Click 'Settings' and set your preferred screen resolution and language.

Press 'Start Game' to run the game

Music
No need for anything complicated, the latest version plays the ogg files from the /music folder.
1. In the launcher.exe click 'Run options'
2. Click 'Music files instead of CD'
3. Copy the music files from the GOG release to the /music folder in the KeeperFX folder.

Notes
* Installing a game by overwriting a different folder is asking for problems.
* When you're having troubles with KeeperFX, there is a KeeperFX community forum at KeeperKlan.com which is also monitored by the developer.
* There are nightly builds available, but these are generally untested. Try them if you want the latest features, if you run into a problem with it, check the issue list if it has been reported and update to a new nightly when it has been fixed.
I have a few questions 1. where do I extract the document Im useing winrar so when the download is done I just have the files 2. I dont have a keeper folder I just have my gog games folder with dungeon keeper gold and in there is no keeper file. 3. when I do install to the dk gold folder I get it working but then when I start the game it works and when I exit I try using the shortcut back into but it wont load and then it says I have a bunch of errors when clicking the install again so if you could respond that would be great
Yes, that is an oversight with the steps I posted,... The KeeperFX launcher will look for these files in the folder you select:

./data/bluepal.dat
./data/bluepall.dat
./data/dogpal.pal
./data/hitpall.dat
./data/lightng.pal
./data/main.pal
./data/mapfadeg.dat
./data/redpal.col
./data/redpall.dat
./data/slab0-0.dat
./data/slab0-1.dat
./data/vampal.pal
./data/whitepal.col

./sound/atmos1.sbk
./sound/atmos2.sbk
./sound/bullfrog.sbk

If these are not present in the installed game directory you will have to look for the file called "game.gog" from your installation package. This is actually the CD image which contains the 'Keeper' folder. Rename this file to "game.iso" and mount it with for example WinCDEmu to find it.

If this step sounds too difficult for you, perhaps you can try the steps from the first post with a few changes:
- Download 0.4.6 Complete instead of 0.4.5
- The current nightly builds have problems, don't install them
- For the music don't do all the complex steps, but copy the music files to the /music subfolder and use the -nocd command line option.
Post edited June 16, 2015 by Loobinex
I just updated the troubleshooting section to fix an issue with the latest nightly build not launching properly.

I also amended the instructions on how to get music working, since the latest KeeperFX now supports OGG music files.
Post edited June 14, 2015 by devilhood
curious. how much of the remake is done? any major bugs that were not in the original game? recommended system requirements?
The remake is years in the making and years from finished, but whichever parts are not remade are used from the original game. Any modern windows PC runs the game just fine.

No new major bugs, although fixing some of the major bugs of the original game and fixes to the Computer Player AI has had an impact on some of the campaign levels. This has been rebalanced, but also some additional stat, skill and level changes where made. When people complain, this is usually the reason.
I'd argue that a lot - but not all - of those changes are improvements, making KeeperFX the better game.

It also includes many fixes. For example in the original game there is a bug causing a rival Keeper to never defend his dungeon heart unless by accident, in KeeperFX this bug is fixed so you can't just snipe your rival hearth. The AI won't cast lightning/disease on his own creatures anymore when they have a lair conflict and will focus more on training his creatures. The workshop can now be properly used without it getting bogged up by the player, and the AI will sell off his traps/doors when he runs out of gold to pay/train his creatures. What I also like it that vampires/mistresses when they have teleport will now stay and fight instead of teleport straight to their lair as soon as they kill a single creature.
Hello I just found this site can anyone tell me if Dungeon Keeper 2 works in windows 10 y dont want to make the purchase and find out later that it doesnt.
Thank you.
Anyway to slow the game down? It goes to fast for my taste. I would also like to slow down the edge scrolling anyway to do this?

Could anyone explain what deeper dungeons is and does it work with this mod?
Post edited August 15, 2015 by Greymantle4
Greymantle4: Anyway to slow the game down? It goes to fast for my taste. I would also like to slow down the edge scrolling anyway to do this?

Could anyone explain what deeper dungeons is and does it work with this mod?
Are you playing KeeperFX on a windows pc? If so it should run in exactly 20 frames per second and if it goes faster you most likely enabled frameskip, press Ctrl + '-' to slow it down?
If you're using Wine instead the game will go to fast due to a bug in Wine and you'll have to slow it down with an application like 'advanced game loader'.

Deeper Dungeon was the first expansion pack of Dungeon Keeper, it contained 15 new levels and some fixes to the AI and whatnot. Deeper Dungeons is included in KeeperFX, you can find the levels under 'Free Play Levels
Null
Post edited September 18, 2015 by Klow