It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm still having problems running the game using the KeeperFX install.

I go through launcher.exe and run as administrator, and launch the game through there.

The intro plays as normal. After skipping the intro or once it finishes, the loading screen appears. Once the game finishes loading the main menu background appears, but with the menu replaced by a phrase or poem.

Once the poem is on screen, the game crashes, and it takes the computer with it. You can't use ctrl-alt-delete, nor can you use the reset button. You HAVE to turn the computer off then turn it back on again.

I'm hoping there is a solution to this.
Hi, thanks for the guide!

I have one problem: keeper.lubiki.pl/html/dk_keeperfx_nightly.php sems to be down, is there some where else i can download the Patch?

Thanks!
Hi all. I tried this mod and get back to original Dungeon keeper Gold from GOG. Its best. Just start dungeno keeper Gold, in game press alt+R it will switch your game in to much more better graphics and you does not need to do anything to play original music. Just listen that bloody hell great music and enjoy the game. Its fantastic. With that mod, no music is playing and it decrease atmosphere.. or u need to install and play that deamon tools, which is meh.
Oddly, I can't get just the basic KeeperFX to run the game.

I was running GOG's Gold version just fine and decided to try KeeperFX. I downloaded the installer and installed to the \GOG Games\Dungeon Keeper Gold\ folder and told it to overwrite everything. Then I took the daily patch and extracted it, using 7zip, to the same folder. Once done I tell the shortcut to Run As Administrator and then double-click on the KeeperFX icon and I get the menu. When I click on Start Game a Command-Prompt-looking window flashes but that's it - opens and closes far too quickly to see if there's any text (trust me, I've tried MANY times). Also, no log file is created.

This is my main gaming PC and I use it for all kinds of current games:

Win7 64-bit
i7-920 OC'd to 3.8Ghz
12GB RAM
GTX 670 video card
SoundBlaster Fatal1ty sound card

all drivers are up to date

As I said, it was running the game flawlessly straight from GOG and runs every other game I own - old and new - flawlessly. The install wanted me to install Java, but that's already installed so I skipped it. I tried Run Options making sure Game Speed is checked and set to 20. I tried SDL Video driver checked with 'directx' and 'windib' both.

Ideas?

Thanks!
For anyone having problems mounting the .cue file, make sure your .wav files are 16 bit, not 32 bit. -_-
Kazz5: Oddly, I can't get just the basic KeeperFX to run the game.

I was running GOG's Gold version just fine and decided to try KeeperFX. I downloaded the installer and installed to the \GOG Games\Dungeon Keeper Gold\ folder and told it to overwrite everything. Then I took the daily patch and extracted it, using 7zip, to the same folder. Once done I tell the shortcut to Run As Administrator and then double-click on the KeeperFX icon and I get the menu. When I click on Start Game a Command-Prompt-looking window flashes but that's it - opens and closes far too quickly to see if there's any text (trust me, I've tried MANY times). Also, no log file is created.

Win7 64-bit
i7-920 OC'd to 3.8Ghz
12GB RAM
GTX 670 video card

As I said, it was running the game flawlessly straight from GOG and runs every other game I own - old and new - flawlessly. The install wanted me to install Java, but that's already installed so I skipped it. I tried Run Options making sure Game Speed is checked and set to 20. I tried SDL Video driver checked with 'directx' and 'windib' both.

Ideas?

Thanks!
I have the exact same problem. Anyone?
Kazz5: Oddly, I can't get just the basic KeeperFX to run the game.

Win7 64-bit
i7-920 OC'd to 3.8Ghz
12GB RAM
GTX 670 video card

Ideas?

Thanks!
lurenwist: I have the exact same problem. Anyone?
Have the same problem with that closing window just after starting it. It's because of a missing .dll file called "sdl-mixer.dll". Just searched google and read something about installing KeeperFX V. 0.4.5... Reporting back in a minute ;)

After a minute:

Ha! It works! Get the updated KeeperFX here:

KeeperFX 0.4.5

Just install that into the Dungeon Keeper Gold folder along with the latest Nightly Patch. Then just start the "launcher.exe" in the game directory as administrator and: tadaaa.

Hope that works for you, too.
Post edited August 30, 2014 by Wimp_Reaper
I just updated the links on the first post to reflect the newest 0.4.5 release.

Didn't want people to accidentally grab the older one!
The installer link seems to be broken now.
Can anyone tell me the steps to fix the stuttering mouse pointer issue in Window 8.1 for KeeperFX ? I found the solution on the KeeperFX forums but page won't load. Thank you
Post edited November 22, 2014 by Fahim
Either I miss something or the thing doesn't work properly.
I have a problem with configuring it in some sensible way:
1 . When I choose a bigger res, I have a nice view on the map, but way too small UI. So it looks great, but it's not playable. On the other hand:
2 . When I choose original res (something close to 480p), the UI is perfectly fine and graphics is good too, but the camera is too close and it's not possible to zoom it out like in the original. Please mind that it's not bugged, i.e. I can zoom camera in and out. It's just that when it's zoomed out as much as possible, it's still way too close to the map to play the game in a convenient manner.

Any solution to this?
inc09nito: Either I miss something or the thing doesn't work properly.
I have a problem with configuring it in some sensible way:
1 . When I choose a bigger res, I have a nice view on the map, but way too small UI. So it looks great, but it's not playable. On the other hand:
2 . When I choose original res (something close to 480p), the UI is perfectly fine and graphics is good too, but the camera is too close and it's not possible to zoom it out like in the original. Please mind that it's not bugged, i.e. I can zoom camera in and out. It's just that when it's zoomed out as much as possible, it's still way too close to the map to play the game in a convenient manner.

Any solution to this?
The fonts and in-game menu are part of the game/resolution so there's nothing you can do about it, I would like the in-game menu to be bigger or even longer (so it cover the black bar and you can see more of the creatures on the list), but can't change that, atleast for now.
Can't get the music to work. Mounting with DaemonTools or PowerISO doesn't work. Error messages such as "file not compatible" or "no access". Mounting with the WinEDU thingy doesn't make it play, though it was first in line, letter-wise. They're converted and renamed in the folder. I've also tried naming them wav.wav. Playing the CUE file with VLC works.
Post edited January 06, 2015 by pheenix
Wharftrix: The installer link seems to be broken now.
I found the downloads on this page

EDIT: It looks like the main link doesn't download all the way so I'm trying the MEGA one.
Post edited January 08, 2015 by Sonsum
This is a fantastic mod; it's certainly a better option than switching the resolutions in-game, which slows it down to a crawl (how even?!)

The only downside is the lack of music without using workarounds. Could this still be remedied in the future, in the same way GOG managed to do so?