It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No help?
devilhood: Try my suggestion of changing the SDL Video driver in Launcher.exe on this post. It could possibly help.
Poucino: Hi, thanks for your time, I appreciate it. I tried it and the above error message is gone, but the rainbow is still there sadly. I attached my log file this time. Oh only pictures allowed. Well I can't really find anything that shouts "wrong!" in the log anymore now: Hmm
Ad rainbow problems - Do you by any chance use 8-bit color depth, not 32-bit? Older games have problems with setting the color palette (Diablo 1, etc.). A quick experiment - go to Task Manager and kill the Explorer.exe process, that fixed it for the many old 256 color games. Beware, your desktop environment will disappear, you will have to relaunch explorer.exe after.
For all who want to Play Dungeon Keeper on Mac with KeeperFX

Use GOG.COM Dungeon Keeper - WIndows/DOS Version and NOT the Mac Version
prepare a winery-wrapper - Standard wrapper without any changes worked for me
Download keeperFX
Extract the keeperFX files

Open the Wineskin-Packed "open packe..."
Copy the DOS-Version into the Wineskin-App, somerwhere in "drive_c/programs/..."
Copy the keeperFX files into the same directory
Copy the daily update of keeperFX into the directoies
change in Wineskin the target exe file to "launcher.exe"
run the wrapper (so the launcher.exe starts)
change all your settings you want to have (screen resoultion, languange,...)
change in "run-options" in the launcher.exe application the command-line extensions to: keeper.exe -vidriver windib
exit launcher
save the wrapper

Thats it
That worked for me on MacOS Mavericks on my Macbook Air
for me, it is better than the "Mac-Version" of gog without the keeperFX extensions, because it looks much better with keeperFX :)

best regards
eddi
Post edited February 19, 2014 by eddi80
Poucino: Hi, thanks for your time, I appreciate it. I tried it and the above error message is gone, but the rainbow is still there sadly. I attached my log file this time. Oh only pictures allowed. Well I can't really find anything that shouts "wrong!" in the log anymore now: Hmm
Kamamura: Ad rainbow problems - Do you by any chance use 8-bit color depth, not 32-bit? Older games have problems with setting the color palette (Diablo 1, etc.). A quick experiment - go to Task Manager and kill the Explorer.exe process, that fixed it for the many old 256 color games. Beware, your desktop environment will disappear, you will have to relaunch explorer.exe after.
Yeah, I had the Movie & Failure Resolution set to 8-bit actually, now with 32-bit the rainbow has gone! :)
Thank you!

Now just gotta fix that too fast game speed :D
theyain: Sadly, I only have a virtual drive
Can you open it as an Audio CD on Windows Media Player? That would be a good place to start, just to double check that all the audio files are actually mounted properly.
theyain: Sadly, I only have a virtual drive
devilhood: Can you open it as an Audio CD on Windows Media Player? That would be a good place to start, just to double check that all the audio files are actually mounted properly.
I was not able to mount it using Virtual Drive, but I was successful with Daemon Tools Lite, so beware of that.
devilhood: Can you open it as an Audio CD on Windows Media Player? That would be a good place to start, just to double check that all the audio files are actually mounted properly.
Kamamura: I was not able to mount it using Virtual Drive, but I was successful with Daemon Tools Lite, so beware of that.
Yes, only Daemon Tools and Alcohol 52% are compatible with data/audio CUE sheets.
I figured out what the issue was. I generally use VirtualClone Drive for mounting disk images but because it doesn't support .cue files I had to use daemonTools. I unknowingly had a K: disk drive due to VC.
When I try to launch KeeperFX it crashes before getting to the menu where I get a pop up stating

"Setting up game failed, The error in 'LbBullfrogMain' makes the program unable to continue, See 'keeperfx.log for details."

I have tried everything but have had not luck at all.

What am I doing wrong?
Post edited February 20, 2014 by insainewayne
Natthopper: I've managed to make the BGM play, but all other sounds, except for in the movies, do not play. Any help?
devilhood: I would suggest re-installing your sound drivers and making sure they're up to date. Check to see if you have accidentally turned the sound volume down to zero on the in-game menu. Check also using launcher.exe > Run options to see if anything has been disabled there.
I have the same problem as described here. Drivers re-installation does nothing. No sound problems in original DK.
devilhood: I would suggest re-installing your sound drivers and making sure they're up to date. Check to see if you have accidentally turned the sound volume down to zero on the in-game menu. Check also using launcher.exe > Run options to see if anything has been disabled there.
Boruteczko: I have the same problem as described here. Drivers re-installation does nothing. No sound problems in original DK.
If you could paste the information in your keeperfx.log file, it might give an indication why the game isn't playing any sounds.
Boruteczko: I have the same problem as described here. Drivers re-installation does nothing. No sound problems in original DK.
devilhood: If you could paste the information in your keeperfx.log file, it might give an indication why the game isn't playing any sounds.
Dungeon Keeper FX ver 0.4.4.1074 (standard release)
LOG CREATED @ 02:03:26 23-02-2014

Sync: LbMouseChangeMoveRatio: New ratio 256x256
Sync: CPU GenuineIntel type 0 family 6 model 10 stepping 7 features bfebfbff
Sync: PhysicalMemory 32
Sync: Memory-demanding features enabled.
Sync: LbScreenSetup: Mode 640x480x32 setup succeeded
Sync: Moon phase 0.4660
LbDataFree: freeing "*PALETTE"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "*SCRATCH"...done
Sync: LbMouseChangeMoveRatio: New ratio 128x128
Sync: GraphicsHeap Size 8388608
Sync: SoundHeap Size 8388608
Sync: init_sound_heap_two_banks: Got sound buffer of 8357696 bytes, samples in banks: 840,126
Sync: Pentium Pro polygon rendering on
Sync: setup_game: Speech recognition disabled: KeeperSpeech module not found
LbDataFree: freeing "data/pointer64.dat"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "data/pointer64.tab"...done
Sync: get_startup_menu_state: Standard startup state selected
Sync: Frontend state change from 0 into 1
Sync: Created menu ID 18 at slot 0, pos (0,0) size (640,480)
Sync: Frontend state change from 1 into 31
Sync: Created menu ID 41 at slot 0, pos (0,0) size (640,480)
Sync: Frontend state change from 31 into 3
LbDataFree: freeing "ldata/dkflag00.dat"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "ldata/dkflag00.tab"...done
Sync: Frontend state change from 3 into 7
Sync: Frontend state change from 7 into 0
LbDataFree: freeing "ldata/frontft1.dat"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "ldata/frontft1.tab"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "ldata/frontft2.dat"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "ldata/frontft2.tab"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "ldata/frontft3.dat"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "ldata/frontft3.tab"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "ldata/frontft4.dat"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "ldata/frontft4.tab"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "*FE_BACKUP_PAL"...done
Sync: GraphicsHeap Size 8388608
Sync: reenter_video_mode: Switched video to 640x480x32 (mode 28)
Sync: Optional file "map00001.flg" doesn't exist or is too small.
Sync: Created menu ID 1 at slot 0, pos (0,0) size (140,400)
Sync: Created menu ID 2 at slot 1, pos (0,0) size (140,400)
load_script: Used script resources: 2/16 tunneller triggers, 1/48 party triggers, 45/64 script values, 34/48 IF conditions, 2/16 party definitions
Sync: Created menu ID 16 at slot 2, pos (160,394) size (480,86)
Sync: Created menu ID 8 at slot 3, pos (236,170) size (308,120)
Sync: Created menu ID 10 at slot 4, pos (258,172) size (264,116)
LbDataFree: freeing "data/gui1-64.dat"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "data/gui1-64.tab"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "data/font2-64.dat"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "data/font2-64.tab"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "data/font1-64.dat"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "data/font1-64.tab"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "data/slab0-1.dat"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "data/gui2-64.dat"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "data/gui2-64.tab"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "*B_SCREEN"...done
Sync: get_startup_menu_state: Undecided victory state selected
Sync: Frontend state change from 0 into 3
LbDataFree: freeing "ldata/dkflag00.dat"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "ldata/dkflag00.tab"...done
Sync: Frontend state change from 3 into 1
Sync: Created menu ID 18 at slot 0, pos (0,0) size (640,480)
Sync: Frontend state change from 1 into 9
Sync: Frontend state change from 9 into 0
LbDataFree: freeing "*SCRATCH"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "*TEXTURE_PAGE"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "data/creature.tab"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "data/palette.dat"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "data/bluepal.dat"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "data/redpall.dat"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "data/lightng.pal"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "data/dogpal.pal"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "data/vampal.pal"...done
Keeper FX destroys the enemy AI for me, is there a good way to improve orignal DK1?
eddi80: For all who want to Play Dungeon Keeper on Mac with KeeperFX

Download keeperFX

Copy the DOS-Version into the Wineskin-App, somerwhere in "drive_c/programs/..."
change in "run-options" in the launcher.exe application the command-line extensions to: keeper.exe -vidriver windib
exit launcher
save the wrapper

Thats it
for me, it is better than the "Mac-Version" of gog without the keeperFX extensions, because it looks much better with keeperFX :)

best regards
eddi
Thanks for this! Sorry, but I'm having a lot of trouble understanding what you're referring to in several cases in your post...

What exactly is the DOS-version to be copied into drive_c/...? From the GOG Windows setup exe? What files? The whole setup .exe or some of the files created after it has been run on the Mac using Wine? Or are you talking about some files from the KeeperFX files?

Do I at any point actually run the GOG setup exe? You say to use it, but when?

Where exactly do I go to 'change in Wineskin the target exe file to "launcher.exe"'?

Thank you to anyone who can help.
eddi80: For all who want to Play Dungeon Keeper on Mac with KeeperFX

Download keeperFX

exit launcher
save the wrapper

Thats it

best regards
eddi
hawkesparta: Thanks for this! Sorry, but I'm having a lot of trouble understanding what you're referring to in several cases in your post...

What exactly is the DOS-version to be copied into drive_c/...? From the GOG Windows setup exe? What files? The whole setup .exe or some of the files created after it has been run on the Mac using Wine? Or are you talking about some files from the KeeperFX files?

Do I at any point actually run the GOG setup exe? You say to use it, but when?

Where exactly do I go to 'change in Wineskin the target exe file to "launcher.exe"'?

Thank you to anyone who can help.
With DOS-Version I mean the "Windows-Version" and not the MacOS version. At the end, the windows-version is just a DOS-Version. But it doesn't matter here :) So, windows-Version

Open the wrapper "open Packed" and copy the downloaded file into it.
You need the setup.exe and you have to extract/install the windows-Version.
After the installation you need to copy the KeeperFX extracted files into the same directory. But be careful, if you copy directories, Mac overwrite the whole directory which leads to "missing" files... I copied all files directly on a file-level, not on a directory level - more work, but less trouble.

After this, you have to change to "launcher.exe" in wineskin, because, now there it is... :)

In priciple - install the windows-version into wineskin, overwrite with keeperFX-files, change wineskin settings, change game-settings -> go