It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Framerate in the Mac version of Duke 3D, on the Macbook Pro Retina 15inch, is very low. It peaks around 18-20 and dips to almost 5 in most areas in the game.
Is this an issue that can be fixed? It seems like the emulation runs extremely slow - Even the GOG menu is very laggy.
dukereloaded: The Framerate in the Mac version of Duke 3D, on the Macbook Pro Retina 15inch, is very low. It peaks around 18-20 and dips to almost 5 in most areas in the game.
Is this an issue that can be fixed? It seems like the emulation runs extremely slow - Even the GOG menu is very laggy.
clearly your macbook pro is not nearly as capable as the computers that were around when this game came out. you should consider an upgrade.

:)
dukereloaded: Even the GOG menu is very laggy.
GOG menu? Is this a feature of GOG's mac versions that I'm unaware of?
dukereloaded: Even the GOG menu is very laggy.
SirPrimalform: GOG menu? Is this a feature of GOG's mac versions that I'm unaware of?
When you open the GOG games on a Mac, you get a GOG menu, where you can launch the Editor, Singleplayer, Multiplayer, and Options.

[url=]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6723152/Sk%C3%A6rmbillede%202012-12-13%20kl.%2016.52.55.png[/url]
Post edited December 13, 2012 by dukereloaded
SirPrimalform: GOG menu? Is this a feature of GOG's mac versions that I'm unaware of?
dukereloaded: When you open the GOG games on a Mac, you get a GOG menu, where you can launch the Editor, Singleplayer, Multiplayer, and Options.

[url=]https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6723152/Sk%C3%A6rmbillede%202012-12-13%20kl.%2016.52.55.png[/url]
Hmm, interesting...

I was going to suggest it was something to do with the emulator scaling to such a high resolution, but I'd assume the GOG menu is running natively.