It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EDIT: Wrong place, sorry to accidentally necro
Post edited June 06, 2018 by DarkSaber2k
What is this shit. Why is the rental bug not fixed?
This is a game were online features are very important and you don't care to fix it or kick capcom in their lazy greedy asses to fix it?

So i wasted my money on a game not functioning as it should or advertised.
Great job Gog!!!

Should've bought it on Steam. Atleast over there the game works as it should.

Never buy a game from GoG that has important online features. A lesson i learned the hard way.
Thank you for nothing and grabbing my money GoG,,,
This problem appears to still be very much active. I have an issue with an older save game that involves receiving a Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen Service Is Not Available message whenever resting at an inn or staging post (often at the camp near Cassardis, too, when simply moving across the camp grounds).

I have been able to confirm that the problem is pawn-related, and it appears to be caused by reverting back to old save games ( so it is also acting like a trade ban, but one which is never removed ). I have tried having Gog client cloud saves enabled, but that makes no difference whatsoever. In fact, the only thing that seems able to resolve the problem is ensuring that any older save games that are to be used in place of the most recent have a Date Modified date and time stamp that matches *exactly* that of the file they are replacing ...but if the error is already present there appears to be no way of fixing it short of restarting the game, and with an entirely new character (otherwise, even if the player is starting from scratch, the problem will simply manifest itself again just as soon as they acquire a pawn and rest somewhere).
Post edited August 26, 2018 by ICDeadThings
Is this issue fixed yet?

Oh, nevermind I found a newer topic here: gog.com/forum/dragons_dogma_dark_arisen/pawn_rc_sent_items_etc_are_they_fixed
Post edited January 20, 2021 by Marsmite
For Solo playing offline, Pawn Rental System is important or not ?
shin_ryosuke: For Solo playing offline, Pawn Rental System is important or not ?
Obviously not. If you play offline you do not use online Pawns - which are affected by the bug. And even if you would use online Pawn only the owner will suffer from the bug.
Ok, I understood, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks.
So, is this fixed yet? I want(ed) to buy the game, preferably on GOG, but if it's still not fixed and the pawn system really doesn't work, I guess I'll have to buy it on Steam?

I'm not sure what the problem is. Did GOG contact capcom? If steam managed to fix it, why can't GOG? And if it's purely for capcom; why can't they convince capcom to fix it, if steam cvan?

All things being equal, I actually prefer to buy from GOG, but ALL THINGS SHOULD BE EQUAL then.

Though, I guess - if I only play it in single mode / offline, I could still play the game(?) Right?

But it would mean never be able to go online, I guess?

I've been through the forum, and some some gog moderators answer, but then everything went silent? I wish they at least gave us some heads-up, EVEN if it's "never going to be fixed". At least we'd know, and only look for the game in an offline/single play modus operandi, then.

But.. is it? Is this ever going to be fixed, by gog?
SVDP: But.. is it? Is this ever going to be fixed, by gog?
Long story shot: whenever you'd complain about this or other issue the GOG support team would send you to Capcom.
So I suppose it's not in their power to fix? Nor it should be.

BTW The support was withdrawn, no, terminated, as early as in 2017. After merely a year! Expect this scenario's recap if the sequel will land on GOG as well, someday, somehow.
zadymek: ...
BTW The support was withdrawn, no, terminated, as early as in 2017. After merely a year! Expect this scenario's recap if the sequel will land on GOG as well, someday, somehow.
Given how prominently Capcom has released their major PC titles on Steam including the infamous Denuvo and them removing any mention of GoG from all the 10th aniversary promo material I highly doubt DD2 will ever make it to GoG. Or at least in the foreseeable future.
Post edited September 11, 2022 by s.m.langer
s.m.langer: Given how prominently Capcom has released their major PC titles on Steam including the infamous Denuvo and them removing any mention of GoG from all the 10th aniversary promo material I highly doubt DD2 will ever make it to GoG. Or at least in the foreseeable future.
Well, let's at least hope that untill then EGS will have too high market share for Capcom to refuse [to GabeN] to ignore it any longer.

BTW A propos of Steam.

Did you know that GOG version of the game has no Photo mode?
...ah, so you knew.
And did you know that the in-game manual claims that it has a Photo mode?

Yeah, Capcom didn't even bother to modify the manual for GOG version, just outright copypasted the one from Steam. And both manuals call this option "Share" so they rip-off the PS4 manual anyway ;)
Post edited September 11, 2022 by zadymek