It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Genewen: Still broken though. There are already user comments saying the same. Maybe they meant something other than the anathema quest with "his questline".
StevenMcGowan: My Galaxy client keeos trying to download the patch but fails every time. I cannot even play the game without this update. Could somebody help me.
GOG Galaxy's Verify/Repair function seemingly fixed this issue for a friend of mine. She had just installed Galaxy to d/l the patch, but it would fail until she chose to revalidate the local installation.
Post edited October 27, 2017 by Narokath
StevenMcGowan: My Galaxy client keeos trying to download the patch but fails every time. I cannot even play the game without this update. Could somebody help me.
Narokath: GOG Galaxy's Verify/Repair function seemingly fixed this issue for a friend of mine. She had just installed Galaxy to d/l the patch, but it would fail until she chose to revalidate the local installation.
Tried. says "Installation Failed: Disk Access Problem".

Just rebooted my system and now my game is gonr from the list. How do I redpwnload without having to pay again.
Post edited October 27, 2017 by StevenMcGowan
Narokath: GOG Galaxy's Verify/Repair function seemingly fixed this issue for a friend of mine. She had just installed Galaxy to d/l the patch, but it would fail until she chose to revalidate the local installation.
StevenMcGowan: Tried. says "Installation Failed: Disk Access Problem".
Hmmm… support points towards possible anti-virus/firewall config issues: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000014965-Installation-failed-disk-access-error
StevenMcGowan: Tried. says "Installation Failed: Disk Access Problem".

Just rebooted my system and now my game is gonr from the list. How do I redpwnload without having to pay again.
Any purchased game should still be in your library which you can access through both GOG Galaxy and the website.
Post edited October 27, 2017 by Narokath
mbowen89: Why isn't this new patch showing anywhere in the downloads list?
Narokath: Seconded; just downloaded the patch via GOG Galaxy but am now unable to play with a non-galaxy friend.
Simple answer for that.
Larian can push the patch directly to the Galaxy Client, and so it gets updated ASAP.

The Manual Installers are made by GOG, and can only be made after Larian's provided the files.
This can take antwhere between a couple of hours, to a full day, or more if it's over the weekend.
GOG may have a few installers to make each day, with to my knowledge only one person doing that job.
Busy support periods like during sales, mean longer times usually.

It's a small price to pay to get a manual installer, and not be forced to use the damned stores client.
Hope the manual update is up soon. I decided to uninstall galaxy because it decided to open every time I wanted to play the Witcher 3 since I bought it and then DOS2 as well -_-. That's exactly why I hate things like Steam and Origin. At least GOG still allows you to open their games without it, let's hope that doesn't change :/.
AlGaar: This is great. I can't even open inventory now. If I do that it just starts spamming "inventory open" sound constantly.
Some old bugs are still there, despite being in that list above.
And this devs asking "why only 6% of players finished our game?" Why indeed.
Too bad I can't refund now.
Yea, too bad...;) So you waited until your 14-day refund period elapsed before deciding you wanted a refund--assuming you bought it from GOG...? Sorry for your troubles. Can't say I have any of them here as of yet. Hope I never do. Well, since you can't refund you might as well hang in there--maybe start a new game, etc.

I've been playing every day since ~Sept 8, when I bought the EA release. Then started over on Sept 14 with the official release, and have been playing the same single-player campaign game ever since, through every patch, all saved games, and...no show-stoppers of any kind, I'm glad to report. Mods are functioning beautifully--now running 5 mods including a very nice texture mod. I have ~111 hours in play--still deep into Act 3--about 2/3 finished with Act 3, I believe. Believe it or not--I haven't had so much as a single *crash* in all of that time. Yea, it's pretty amazing, I think. All through the patches, etc. And absolutely nothing that has stopped my forward progress at all. No problem with saves, etc. Wanted to add that I haven't had the first problem with Tarquinn--he is always where he is supposed to be, etc.

Here are my specs, if this may help...

Single player version, tonight's patch 3.0.150.188 (have installed all patches incrementally as they have been released, through Galaxy, simply because they update much faster on Galaxy than through the manual method--and because Galaxy has been out of beta for a few weeks now, too...;) Galaxy is working very well actually. I update the game through Galaxy, and afterwards shut Galaxy off and run the game directly through the EoCApp.exe, by-passing Galaxy when I play the game.

Windows 10x64 v1709 (build 16299.19)
RX-480 8GB, running the game @2560x1440
AMD 8-core cpu
16GB System ram
Single-Player version of the game--only

Better luck in the near future...;)
Post edited October 27, 2017 by waltc
I'm not sure what I should do....

I just bought it and was going to do a 4 player coop campaign, but was waiting for this first patch to hit manual download. But I'm reading a lot of people saying the patch was actually breaking more stuff than fixing anything. Maybe a new game wouldn't have issues, I don't know. I guess i'll stick with the latest version pre-patch for now to start my coop campaign.
waltc: Yea, too bad...;) So you waited until your 14-day refund period elapsed before deciding you wanted a refund--assuming you bought it from GOG...? Sorry for your troubles. Can't say I have any of them here as of yet. Hope I never do. Well, since you can't refund you might as well hang in there--maybe start a new game, etc.

I've been playing every day since ~Sept 8, when I bought the EA release. Then started over on Sept 14 with the official release, and have been playing the same single-player campaign game ever since, through every patch, all saved games, and...no show-stoppers of any kind, I'm glad to report. Mods are functioning beautifully--now running 5 mods including a very nice texture mod. I have ~111 hours in play--still deep into Act 3--about 2/3 finished with Act 3, I believe. Believe it or not--I haven't had so much as a single *crash* in all of that time. Yea, it's pretty amazing, I think. All through the patches, etc. And absolutely nothing that has stopped my forward progress at all. No problem with saves, etc. Wanted to add that I haven't had the first problem with Tarquinn--he is always where he is supposed to be, etc.

Here are my specs, if this may help...

Single player version, tonight's patch 3.0.150.188 (have installed all patches incrementally as they have been released, through Galaxy, simply because they update much faster on Galaxy than through the manual method--and because Galaxy has been out of beta for a few weeks now, too...;) Galaxy is working very well actually. I update the game through Galaxy, and afterwards shut Galaxy off and run the game directly through the EoCApp.exe, by-passing Galaxy when I play the game.

Windows 10x64 v1709 (build 16299.19)
RX-480 8GB, running the game @2560x1440
AMD 8-core cpu
16GB System ram
Single-Player version of the game--only

Better luck in the near future...;)
Well, good for you. I am happy to see that you don't have any issues with the game. Maybe I am just tremendously unlucky.
Since the release I have started "new game" 3 times (first one - release version coop, second - singleplayer after the second patch, third - singleplayer after the third patch). And every time there was the same scenario - no issues in the first location (Fort Joy) - bug filled second location (Reapers Coast) - playthrough stopped.
I don't think I will return to this game in the near future. I have spent 130 hours of my time on this mess already, and don't feel that it is worth any more.
This is a simple thing, really. I did not bought the game to be a beta-tester.
Maybe in a year or two, if I don't forget about it, I will return to this game. Now I am just tired.
Anybody got an error telling them the game is not compatible with the new patch when trying to install? Redownloading now :/
I like patch notes as well, and I understand why they have to do this, but it sucks that they often have a big spoiler or two in them.
Just an FYI: They have deployed a hotfix. Patch v3.0.150.760

Galaxy updated automatically for me. If you do manual updates you may need to go get it.
RoninOni: Just an FYI: They have deployed a hotfix. Patch v3.0.150.760

Galaxy updated automatically for me. If you do manual updates you may need to go get it.
Thanks...just picked it up through Galaxy.
katerinafm: Anybody got an error telling them the game is not compatible with the new patch when trying to install? Redownloading now :/
Are you updating your game through Galaxy? I only ask because the only time I've seen your error is when I'm installing manually--usually through a small incremental patch.

Galaxy has been out of beta for several weeks now and, as much as I said I wouldn't be using it--I am...;) I mean, I've been using GOG for several years now and of course it's always been strictly manual updating for me--simply because Galaxy hasn't been ready for prime time--or ready to come out of beta status--for all of those years...;)

But now, Galaxy is really suiting my needs perfectly and it's working very well--no crashing to speak of--much better than the old Galaxy of a couple of years back. But the main reason I use Galaxy at all is the updates--my games (I own 271 GOG games to be exact, as of today) update through Galaxy *very* fast--and the updates are available much more quickly when they are released. You know--when a developer releases a new hotfix this p.m.--Galaxy updates my game this p.m. No more waiting a couple of days for the patch to be processed down to the manual release, manual update format. That's absolutely great--just as good as Steam (GOG I like better because with GOG we get to keep an installable copy of the games we buy--which Steam simply does not provide its customers at all, for some reason.) OK, you probably already know all of this anyway, so forgive me for running on about it..,;)

Suffice it to say my humble advice is to update your game (and achievements if you care) through Galaxy immediately before you play, and then close Galaxy down completely and run the game through its primary executable just as you do now when running a non-Galaxy game. That way--my method of choice for GOG now--you get all of the benefits of installing the latest developer patches *immediately* (without the wait for the manual patch) but you still get to run the game as you've always run it manually before you started using Galaxy at all. Best of both...etc. I'll repeat that this is only working so well now because Galaxy has come a long way, baby...;) Doesn't crash when I use it, etc., anymore.

It's a good system to use for GOG, I think, and it may solve this kind of problem for you permanently--it did for me...;) Best to you, and hope this helps a bit.
AlGaar: Well, good for you. I am happy to see that you don't have any issues with the game. Maybe I am just tremendously unlucky.
Since the release I have started "new game" 3 times (first one - release version coop, second - singleplayer after the second patch, third - singleplayer after the third patch). And every time there was the same scenario - no issues in the first location (Fort Joy) - bug filled second location (Reapers Coast) - playthrough stopped.
I don't think I will return to this game in the near future. I have spent 130 hours of my time on this mess already, and don't feel that it is worth any more.
This is a simple thing, really. I did not bought the game to be a beta-tester.
Maybe in a year or two, if I don't forget about it, I will return to this game. Now I am just tired.
Hey AlGaar,

While I was writing a response for a previous post I had a quick thought that may or may not help you with your stability problems. Thought I'd briefly suggest this while I think of it--are you using Galaxy to update your game through the update patches--or are you using the manual update method--or, are you using a mix between the two?

I only ask because I have noticed a time or two, since I started using Galaxy to update a few weeks back, that sometimes I did have some stability problems in games in which I had alternated between the two methods of updating. Say I had installed the game manually, then installed the next patch through Galaxy automatically, and then added the the next one manually again, for some reason--seems like I did have a few problems until I reinstalled the game through Galaxy and all subsequent patches through Galaxy as well.

It could be that if you have also mixed and matched the upgrading methods that game program files may have been written differently or improperly in such a way as to cause problems such as those you've mentioned. Might be a fix to remain constant in terms of who the game is installed and updated, imo. Well, worth a shot, anyway...Best to you!
I guess there was a minor patch I hadn't installed and then the manual patch was not compatible with my game. Had to download galaxy in order to update without having to redownload the whole game again. For such large games, updating the original installers and making the patches incompatible with older versions of the game so frequently is such a frustrating move for those of us who have absolutely no use nor want to use Galaxy -_-.