It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've noticed that the GoG Galaxy Client updated my copy of D:OS2 today to this version automatically, but it isn't available to download manually for my friends. What's going on, and seriously, why is everyone dropping the ball so hard on this game right now??
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Manual patches always a bit delayed compared to the GOG Galaxy ones, just wait a bit, in the meantime you can roll back your version number.
Thing is the version listed for the Manual Patcher is.
Version: 3.0.142.47, Date Published: 17/9/2017

Acceptable
I know they're always lagging behind Galaxy, due to GOG having to create the installers, which is OK.
A few hours waiting time, is a price I'm willing to pay to not have to use the Galaxy bloat trash.
All store clients are bloat trash, Galaxy's the best, because it's the only optional bloat trash.

Not Acceptable
Why is the version listed changed many hours before the files are actually available, that's not OK.

Should be
Files go up, then GOG can change the heading.
Doing it the right way, nobodies expecting imminent arrival of files that may take many hours to upload.

Last update was already listed on the heading at 9:30 AM, when I first looked.
The files only appeared much later, Windows says mine were created at 7:50 PM.
Almost 12 hours later, and I was checking regularly, expecting them any minute, due to the heading.

So please GOG, upload the files before you change the heading, next time.

Edits, Typo's, and a sprinkling of extra salt.
Post edited September 18, 2017 by UhuruNUru
Standard GOG practice. Some games (for ex. Underrail) never even get a latest manual patches and you have to redownload whole game again.

GOG. GOG never changes...
Post edited September 18, 2017 by Sten_MkIIs
I don't mind waiting, as long as the patch doesn't require me restarting the game.

The only issue I have is the patch notes - under the 'changelog', only the first patch describes what it changes. I got the 2nd one as well, and I see the one you guys are speaking of is up now, but I'm hesitant to get it not knowing what it does.

I will probably take my chances and get it, but I really wish the 2nd and 3rd patch were in the changelog.

Can anyone provide a link where I can see the patch details?
kmh12177: I don't mind waiting, as long as the patch doesn't require me restarting the game.

The only issue I have is the patch notes - under the 'changelog', only the first patch describes what it changes. I got the 2nd one as well, and I see the one you guys are speaking of is up now, but I'm hesitant to get it not knowing what it does.

I will probably take my chances and get it, but I really wish the 2nd and 3rd patch were in the changelog.

Can anyone provide a link where I can see the patch details?
It's a hotfix. There is a problem with saves and memory leaks in some cases.
BlazerFM: I've noticed that the GoG Galaxy Client updated my copy of D:OS2 today to this version automatically, but it isn't available to download manually for my friends. What's going on, and seriously, why is everyone dropping the ball so hard on this game right now??
I'm not aware of anyone dropping the ball--release has been great, for me...;) I don't understand your post...."Download manually for my friends." Do your friends not have GOG accounts connected to the Internet? Can your friends not download what they need for themselves? If there is no manual patch yet available, is there some reason "your friends" cannot fire up their own copies of Galaxy and have their own copies of their games updated automatically? You seem to be saying that if GOG doesn't assist you, personally, in entertaining your friends that somehow GOG has *dropped the ball*. Without putting too fine a point on it--entertaining your friends is your business--not GOG's...;) I don't understand--what is it that you think GOG owes your friends? You, otoh, have everything GOG ever agreed to provide you, looks to me.
BlazerFM: I've noticed that the GoG Galaxy Client updated my copy of D:OS2 today to this version automatically, but it isn't available to download manually for my friends. What's going on, and seriously, why is everyone dropping the ball so hard on this game right now??
waltc: I'm not aware of anyone dropping the ball--release has been great, for me...;) I don't understand your post...."Download manually for my friends." Do your friends not have GOG accounts connected to the Internet? Can your friends not download what they need for themselves? If there is no manual patch yet available, is there some reason "your friends" cannot fire up their own copies of Galaxy and have their own copies of their games updated automatically? You seem to be saying that if GOG doesn't assist you, personally, in entertaining your friends that somehow GOG has *dropped the ball*. Without putting too fine a point on it--entertaining your friends is your business--not GOG's...;) I don't understand--what is it that you think GOG owes your friends? You, otoh, have everything GOG ever agreed to provide you, looks to me.
The Dropping the ball aspect wasn't just the patch release delay (Which is out now by the way, so my complaint on that is invalid), but also corrupted save data, multiplayer servers being taken offline and Direct Connect being among those servers, necessitating other multiplayer methods.
Post edited September 18, 2017 by BlazerFM
BlazerFM: The Dropping the ball aspect wasn't just the patch release delay (Which is out now by the way, so my complaint on that is invalid), but also corrupted save data, multiplayer servers being taken offline and Direct Connect being among those servers, necessitating other multiplayer methods.
OK--fair enough...I am only a single-play guy so I have no experience with the networking code in the game. Thanks for the reply...;)