It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Can be seen on Strategy First's site here.

The game from GOG shows 2.02 on GOTL SOTD and 3.0 on the elves expansion.

I did not try to install them yet. Concerning GOTL SOTD, which one should I install ? D2_GOTL_SOTD_Patch_2_02.exe or D2_GOTL_SOTD_FP_Patch_2_02.exe ? What does FP mean ?
Are you using old installers? My Gog copy of DP\GR downloaded and installed just a few months ago is 2.02 and RotS 3.01.
Heck no I just bought the game, I'm using the GOG-8 version downloaded from my library page.

How do you tell you have 2.02 and 3.01 ? I see 2.01 and 3.0 on the menu screen, are there other ways ?
Post edited December 11, 2016 by NovHak
NovHak: Heck no I just bought the game, I'm using the GOG-8 version downloaded from my library page.

How do you tell you have 2.02 and 3.01 ? I see 2.01 and 3.0 on the menu screen, are there other ways ?
The file properties of the executables (right click -> general) say "Disciples II v2.02" and "Disciples II v3.01". Not sure why the main menu displays a different version, but I suppose only [url=https://www.gog.com/support ]support [/url] can clarify that.
Thanks for the info, I should have checked this !

Strictly speaking, the program executable version is not necessarily the game version, because it can be the game engine version (e.g. Unity version in some more recent games), that's why I consider the in-game version number (when there is one) the ultimate reference and didn't go further.

But in the present case, it's clear the executable version is the game version. The developers probably forgot to update the in-game displayed version number (even more likely considering it's only a minor version change). Unless GOG got an insane mix of game files from different versions that is, but I'll suppose it's not the case.
NovHak:
Well... you can always ask GOG Tech Support for definite clarification about it, if you are not sure yourself. :)
Nothing is impossible of course, but I trust GOG enough and didn't meet any problems yet that would make me think the packaging is corrupted.
The GOG has the latest patch version.

If you are playing 3.0 ROTE the Doppelganger unit can clone Sir Allemon.

In 3.01 they fixed that.